Pennington the starting QB we've been ignoring | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pennington the starting QB we've been ignoring

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The third quarterback in the conversation these days is seemingly Chad Pennington. We talk about the drafting of Pat White and its effects on the Wildcat and the spread option. We talk about Chad Henne and how the Dolphins have designs for him being the starter in 2010.

Yet we seem to overlook Pennington, who is kind of important because, well, he's the starter now. He's the guy who will hold the reins to the offense this year.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...gton-we-talk-about-the-drafting-of-pat-w.html

ok so they want to talk about Pennington....

what's there to talk about? has his situation changed? did the recent draft potentially change his role on this team? is there ANY new news regarding Chad Pennington?

what exactly do they expect us to discuss regarding Penny?

I personally think it is refreshing to have a QB who we are confident enough that he does not even need to be discussed.

The others have question marks, Penny is the answer. (at least for now)

Here is something to talk...
Pennington is the starter until someone beats him out of the job or he gets hurt.

Anyone here think Henne or White will beat him out??
End of discussion.

I don't see how the trifecta can let Pennington walk if he has another season like the last one.

We're not ignoring Pennington, just looking down the line when it's likely he'll be gone. Next season.

I LOVE Pennington (in a non-creepy way). He doesn't make as many mistakes as most QBs. Will probably go down in history as the most. Accurate. QB. Ever. Never gets into trouble. Leads by example. Is a coach and mentor to the younger QBs. Has more arm strength than you think. I keep going back to last season, and the CHANGE in our offense from pre-Pennington to post-Pennington. It was night and day. And now he has had an offseason to study with Henning and will be in charge from day 1? I would be not be surprised if, except for mop up duty, Henne NEVER sees the field this year. And I think lining White up a few plays a game as QB will help keep Penny fresh all season long (just like Tupperware).

where's that picture someone made of penny's head photoshopped on the 300 movie poster?

Too many people have been blinded on dreams of some heavenly new offense that apparently has stiffled the great defensive minds in the NFL. Say good-bye to the pocket passer, no more Pennington, no more Brady, Manning's, Brees, Romo, Hasselbeck Palmer etc... hello 6'0 spread offense QB's running around like mad.

The NFL has been changed forever the god like BP has brought upon us a new generation of Football and the teams that do not get on board will be left behind. Lucky us that BP reads these boards intently and now knows that the Wildcat is unstoppable, to think he may have only used this a package here and there, praise the lord.

P.S. no bashing of BP was intended by this post, I really like the guy, it's the genius's that can read his mind and tell the rest of us what he's thinking and how he's going to use newly drafted players and base that dominance on how stupid other teams are in how to defend this almighty offense.

Pennington might make Turner a better receiver in the end zone. He has a nice corner throw. I see more TD's for our WR's.

Penny needs to win a big playoff game to get rid of his stigma.

I personally think it is refreshing to have a QB who we are confident enough that he does not even need to be discussed.

The others have question marks, Penny is the answer. (at least for now)

This answers the OP's question perfectly. We have been talkin about the qb position for years now, and that has only been because of the uncertainty invloving the position. We should consider it a blessing that we do not have to talk about who the starter is this year.

Back
Top Bottom