Per Roto Source: Miami Herald | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Per Roto Source: Miami Herald

Heinegrabber

Since 84
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Brent Grimes - DB - Dolphins
New Dolphins CB Brent Grimes (Achilles) remains on pace to be ready for training camp.

Grimes isn't putting a percentage on his recovery, but says he's "feeling good" and "being smart" in his rehab. Grimes will be 364 days removed from his injury when the Dolphins take on the Browns in Week 1

Charles Clay - TE - Dolphins
Dolphins TE/FB Charles Clay (meniscus surgery) is 100 percent.

"I’m good and ready to go," Clay said Tuesday. Clay should enter the season as the Dolphins' No. 2 pass-catching tight end behind Dustin Keller. Fourth-round pick Dion Sims is primarily a blocker

Lamar Miller- RB - Dolphins

Lamar Miller is aiming for 1,500 rushing yards and five yards per carry this season.

"I’m trying to get bigger and faster, improve my explosiveness so I can break more tackles, make guys miss," Miller said Tuesday. "Trying to become a great back in this league." They're lofty goals, but everyone besides Daniel Thomas believes Miller will get a chance to meet them as the Dolphins' starting back. Miller has exciting talent, but the Dolphins are taking a bit of a risk by putting so many eggs in the basket of a back with just 51 career carries. Miller should be treated as an RB2 in fantasy drafts

Daniel Thomas - RB - Dolphins
Daniel Thomas believes he's a legitimate contender for the Dolphins' starting running back job.

Thomas must not be watching much of his own film. "I don’t know why (Lamar Miller) would have the inside track," Thomas said incredulously Tuesday. "It’s an open competition. Everybody has a fair shot. The best player is going to get the job. Nobody has a leg up." Thomas does admit he's been "inconsistent" since being the No. 62 overall pick of the 2011 draft. All signs suggest the Dolphins want and expect Miller to be their No. 1 back

Jonathan Martin - T - Dolphins
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins are "privately very optimistic" about Jonathan Martin's chances of becoming a solid left tackle.

That must be the case, as despite an abundance of sound and fury, the Dolphins never seriously pursued an alternative after Jake Long bolted for the Rams. Martin, for his part, is relieved to finally know his position. "It’s exciting to play left tackle in the NFL — that has been a dream my whole life." Martin is "devouring four meals a day" in an effort to get up to 318 pounds after playing near 305 last season. The Dolphins' bevy of moves could be all for naught if Martin isn't up to the challenge of protecting Ryan Tannehill's blindside

didnt see the 1500 yards mentioned but you might want to crack 500 yards in a season first lol. if he said that I think this is among the most asinine things to say. This would be the second best rushing season in dolphin history. Im not even sure where people get these numbers from.

didnt see the 1500 yards mentioned but you might want to crack 500 yards in a season first lol. if he said that I think this is among the most asinine things to say. This would be the second best rushing season in dolphin history. Im not even sure where people get these numbers from.

From past leaders who said they wanted to lead the league in rushing, I guess! Lol

Absolutely. Set your goals low so you exceed expectations instead of disappointing yourself.:rolleyes2:

the one angle never spoken about is how Martin was Luck's LT. That had to have some contribution to Luck's college career right?
Hats off to Ireland a year ago, for having the foresight of knowing that Long was probably not going to be retained and drafting his replacement. Good GM's draft also for the next season with the current year's draft

or set your goals to beyond stupid levels. Why not set realistic goals.
What you perceive as realistic defines the belief you have in yourself. It's individual and his goal projects a positive self image and confidence. Something you should work on perhaps.

I don't know if it was beyond stupid. saying 2000 is beyond stupid. you can't go by past dolphins history, to make your own goal. 1500 is a nice round number. 1000 is just not good enough anymore.

"Jonathan Martin - T - Dolphins
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins are "privately very optimistic" about Jonathan Martin's chances of becoming a solid left tackle.

That must be the case, as despite an abundance of sound and fury, the Dolphins never seriously pursued an alternative after Jake Long bolted for the Rams. Martin, for his part, is relieved to finally know his position. "It’s exciting to play left tackle in the NFL — that has been a dream my whole life." Martin is "devouring four meals a day" in an effort to get up to 318 pounds after playing near 305 last season. The Dolphins' bevy of moves could be all for naught if Martin isn't up to the challenge of protecting Ryan Tannehill's blindside "

So much for Martin having put on 15-20 lbs...He hasn't even put on 13 lbs yet...

It's simply about opportunities. Lamar needs touches, but to get touches he has to continue to prove he can handle protection duties so that he can stay on the field. By the end of last year he had turned into a pretty good blocker, which was a HUGE improvement over the start of the year. We also have to remember that last year he was brought along slowly because of a slow healing shoulder. His only question about success is whether he can do the "other things" to allow him to stay on the field.

You ask where do people come up with those numbers. Well lets look at what he DID do last year. In 51 carries he averaged more yards per carry than Adrian Foster, Alfred Morris, Ray Rice, Frank Gore, Steven Ridley, Doug Martin and many more. They brought him along slowly so he wouldn't be worn out when we finally were able to get rid of Bush.

If Miller stays healthy and gets the touches of course 1500 yards is possible. I can certainly see 1500 from him this year, easier than I could see Reggie last year saying he was going to lead the league in rushing.

It's simply about opportunities. Lamar needs touches, but to get touches he has to continue to prove he can handle protection duties so that he can stay of the field. By the end of last year he had turned into a pretty good blocker, which was a HUGE improvement over the start of the year. We also have to remember that last year he was brought along slowly because of a slow healing shoulder. His only question about success is whether he can do the other things to allow him to stay of the field.

You ask where do people come up with those numbers. Well lets look at what he DID do last year. In 51 carries he averaged more yards per carry and Adrian Foster, Alfred Morris, Ray Rice, Frank Gore, Steven Ridley, Doug Martin,

You cant just use his average based on 50 carries and multiply it, football isnt like that. If thats true then Cedric Peerman, Mike goodson, Justin Forsett, Chris ivory, Joique bell and Brandon Bolden are all going to among the leading rushers in the nfl. He had limited carries so u cant just multiply carries by his current average. Thats why teams play a full season.

I fully expect, if Lamar Miller remains healthy, he will get 1500 yards, the dude is going to be unstoppable.

Back
Top Bottom