Percy Harvin wants trade from Vikes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Percy Harvin wants trade from Vikes

I'd give up a mid round pick for him if our young wideouts don't get better as camp goes on. We need an explosive guy like him.

Percy and Bess running two man slots would be monster. But his migrane and concussion issues bother me.

Don't see us trading for a guy that runs the risk of missing half the season every year.

I'd give up a 3rd easily. Anything more and I'd have to pass I think. And I think the Vikings might want more. Some team will probably give it to them.

Terrible route runner and why is he upset? Is it money? Is he mad he's not the focus of the offense? I think I would pass on trading for disgruntled WRs after Brandon Marshall...a change in scenery only lasts so long before they're unhappy again.

I would give up a 3rd round pick for him (don't we still have the extra from the Marshall trade?), but I don't think that would be enough. Not sure we would even be able to pay him so I don't see how it would be possible. His injuries and migranes scare me, but he would definitely upgrade our current WR position. If Ochocinco is for real and doing as well as they say and we add a guy like Harvin, we may not have that #1 but we would have a good group of WRs to run the WCO. I still have faith that Naanee can help us. Ochocinco, Hartline, Harvin, Bess and Naanee would not be so bad. If Gates and one or 2 of our rookies come through, we could have a decent battle at the WR position.

Terrible route runner? He's by no means a technician but he doesn't cut them short nor does he go Cowboy on his routes and abandon options for the sake of coverage. He's a threat in the purest football sense. He's got terrific hands, fantastic YAC, and he's a pure homerun threat.

Miami won't cough up what is necessary. Percy isn't a true #1, he's more of an amazing #2 who can create infinite matchup problems thanks to his ability as a running back.

NJPhins - I would upgrade "not bad" to "pretty damn talented" if you have Chad Johnson back to even 2010 levels. Harvin won't take over a game by himself (with any regularity I mean, I remember his 3 touchdown 200+ yard game towards the end of last season) but with Hartline, Chad Johnson, and Bess? That's an absolute ton of weapons who just get OPEN, all 3 thanks to simply quick cuts and first burst

I wouldn't even give a third. Late round maybe. The guy has never stayed on the field for an entire season and constantly gets migraines. I like the fact that the fins are trying to build the offense through the draft. I didn't think too much of the Ocho signing, but whatever he may be able to stretch the field a bit. Either way Harvin is explosive, but I doubt he'll be anything more than an injury concern...

Harvin is going to want a new contract with the team he gets traded to, plus the Vikings are probably going to ask for a 1st or 2nd round pick. Can't see Ireland going this route.

Could see the Browns come a knocking..They wanted that kid from Baylor but he was gone in the first round...Childress is also the O coordinator there as well...has some history..But I would give up a 3rd and 5th for him for I was the Browns.

how awesome would it be if they get more for him than we did for marshall?

Harvin would radically change our offense for the better imo. His ability to RAC is tremendous. It would be a risk with his history of injuries and his nagging migrane situation.... With that being said... Percy Harvin would be a nice addition to the Dolphins offense.

I'm trying to put my homer biases aside here, but I would love to have the guy here. His migraines are a problem, but they might be enough to drag down the Vikes asking price. He is everything we wanted Clyde Gates to be. With a WR group as weak as ours, why not?

Would be a huge upgrade and instant home run threat for us, but I just don't see the Vikes giving into his demands.

Hm... wont be surprised if the Pats trade for Percy with Welker on the franchise tag.

Back
Top Bottom