percy harvin

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by reese13, Nov 18, 2008.

1. reese13

reese13 Scout Team

i think we need a DB with our 1st round pick but if harvin is available, would u pick him?

can u imagine an offense with harvin and ginn on the field at the same time. thats 2 guys that if given even the slightest bit of daylight will take it home.

2. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

3. reese13

reese13 Scout Team

why not?

4. Farmer

Farmer ROLL!

we need size. we already have the speedy WR. and not just size (wilford), size that knows how to use their hands and catch

5. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

Why not? Because the team already has a speed WR in Ted Ginn Jr. The team has a solid possession WR in Greg Camarillo. We have a slot WR in Davone Bess. We have a tall WR in Brandon London, but his primary job is still Special Teams, and he's had very few opportunities in the passing game. I could see the Dolphins taking a chance on WR Ramses Barden to fill that void.

Anyways, the only type of WR that the Dolphins lack is the "complete" WR. A guy that's between 6'0-6'3, has good hands, can move the chains, can run down the field, as well as go over the middle. The Dolphins don't have a guy like that. That's why they should draft a guy like Demetrius Byrd, Greg Mathews, D.J. Boldin, Derrick Williams, Brandon Lafell, etc. Percy Harvin is a good WR, but he's a luxury that the Dolphins cannot afford at this time.

6. uga3406

uga3406 Pro Bowler

no thanks we need more then another wr/rb besides we have the do it all back in cobbs...

7. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

Too little...we already have little...

8. WelcomeBack

WelcomeBack A True Fan

After watching some of the games today, DJ Boldin is really starting to grow on me. Like Brian Robiskie, Boldin has a little bit of an inside track on what it takes to be a receiver in the league. I'm intrigued to see more of him.

9. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

I love watching D.J. Boldin play! I would love too see him in a Miami uniform.

10. Findetta

Findetta Super Fan

if somehow Harvin fell to the second round and none of the big receivers with talent were available I'd take him. not with our first though, we have more needs.

11. wvuFINFAN

wvuFINFAN Rookie

if your looking at a wr, wait till the second round, bigger need at db....what do you all think about derrick williams from penn state or kenny britt from rutgers...kenny britt is a tall but fast wr, just has problems being consistent catching the football, but is a playmaker

12. WelcomeBack

WelcomeBack A True Fan

Yea, I'd definitely love to have Boldin here. He's listed at 220 lbs. I believe. The plays he makes would make you feel otherwise. I really like watching him play and would love to see him continue that playing in Miami.

13. miami_fins13

miami_fins13 Scout Team

Percy is ridiculous. He's a little injury prone, but I'd love to see him in Miami. I doubt we'd pick him up, but I know he's gunna make a huge impact for somebody. He's super quick and isn't afraid to take a hit.

14. jbyrd423

jbyrd423 Starter

this is coming from a seminole fan but id take percy on this team in a second. will we, probably not because he will go to high and another smaller/quicker wr really isnt that big a need. but boy, that guy in this offense could really make some things happen, hes like ted ginn on steriods, as far as a college player goes

15. mfish41

mfish41 It is what it is Donator

seeing how our two second round picks will probably both be late..... if and only if he's there that late in the second round by order of BPA

16. finfaninmo

finfaninmo Rookie

I would rather have Maclin from Missouri hes bigger and faster with great hands. can also run back punts and kickoffs

17. reese13

reese13 Scout Team

he may be bigger but i can promise you he is not faster then harvin. i would be suprised if there is another legit nfl prospect that is faster then harvin. and do u think harvin cant return kicks and punts?

18. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Harvin is ridiculous i'd take him in a second if crabtree is gone

19. studsatele

studsatele Starter Hammered Super Donator Donator

just cant take him right now. the core of this team still needs work.

20. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Maclin is definitely not faster than Harvin . . . the only person faster than Harvin maybe his teammate Demps . . . or the kid from LSU.

Gotta say this . . . a Harvin pick would give "Ginn like" reactions . . . but I gotta admit . . . I would be intrigued to say the least. But like someone else said . . . its a luxury we can't afford.

OT, LB (both MLB and OLB) NT and DB (both CB and S) are much more crucial than WR. Of course if u love Crabtree and is available . . . u take him . . . because he fits that "complete WR" mold u need on this team. But there is really more pressing needs than WR on this team . . . especially if u factor in Fasano, Martin, Cobbs . . . and Ricky and Ronnie . . . who all catch the ball real well.

21. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

i do agree that we need to go either corner or safety really, or linebacker we lack a real playmaker at that position the guys we have are just solid

22. Ginn and Tonic

Ginn and Tonic Rookie

As a Penn State student and fan, Derrick Williams does not have me convinced. He is a diffference maker and can break it at any time, but he is still raw as a pure WR

23. Greatness920

Greatness920 G.O.A.T

percy harvin is the man go gators he flat out runs guys check out the couth carolina games and wait till demps gets into the nfl oh baby that man is faster then ted ginn and he goes in between the tackles crazy...

24. Oraclepz

Oraclepz Seasoned Veteran

percy is good but hes a lil to injury prone for me...

25. dm416

dm416 Pro Bowler

I could see us taking him with one of our 2nd rounders, but theres no way we're taking a WR with our 1st rounder unless Crabtree slips through the cracks...we have much bigger needs on defense.

26. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

I agree. It seems like you could poke Harvin in the chest with your pinky finger and he would go down in pain.

27. Greatness920

Greatness920 G.O.A.T

u obviously have not watched any gator games have u... he crosses the middle all the time and breaks tackles.. he had a heel injury from last year and a high ankle sprain(in the rain flooded field) thats not injury prone..