Percy may be available after all | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Percy may be available after all

I like him, but I can't see any scenario where I would consider him value. This draft has a lot of players that fit our needs at WR and DE, so I really don't want to give up a high draft pick in a trade. If he's available as a FA, he'll be an expensive slot WR but doesn't give us the teaching and locker room quality that Jennings has nor does he instantly fit into our system. He has age on his side for sure, but his headaches and stature are a serious problem. Jennings has had injuries this past year after a lot of offseason endorsements, and honestly, that's not uncommon. But, even Jennings seems like a less risky proposition than Harvin, and at that cost I want a dependable player, particularly if it's a long term investment like Harvin would be.

We need to also consider price. Harvin reminds me a LOT of Desean Jackson ... and Fraction Jackson was very good in his contract year, and has basically disappeared since. I prefer Randall Cobb, but this was his first breakthrough season and he's not available. These small and fast WR's look dynamite when they can avoid contact ... but eventually they get contacted, and they tend to get injuries and sometimes fear. Just too many potential problems for me to invest heavily.

Jennings would be my top target, with my hope to draft 2 WR's in the top 3 rounds to learn under him. Jennings gets us 3 good years until those young guys can take the reins and Philbin's offense is humming along. But, if that scenario isn't going to happen, and we get a young veteran WR, then I'd rather have Wallace, who is a real split end (X) WR as opposed to a dangerous slot guy. Slot WR's are simply easier to find. A #1 X WR is very hard to find and very pricey.

If you want the Percy Harvin type without getting Percy Harvin, drafting Tavon Austin isn't a bad option ... but he's even smaller. Not the same, but its another option.

He helped his team get 10 wins. 10 wins would have gotten us into the playoffs in the AFC.

So if we kept Marshall and if Dan Carpenter doesn't miss 2 field Goals we coulda gone 12-4!!!!

Shoulda, coulda, woulda is fun to play... but the facts are the fact, Marshall and the Bears missed the playoffs just like we did. Now They are scrambling for a new head coach, and I don't envy the guy who takes that job, Culter (the coach killer) and B. Marshall are the meat and cheese of a douche bag sandwich.

edit: but back to the thread topic, I'm actually with you, I'm neither for or against Percy, if the coaches think he's worth bringing in, and if the compensation is worth it to us, I'm sure we can use him.

So if we kept Marshall and if Dan Carpenter doesn't miss 2 field Goals we coulda gone 12-4!!!!

Shoulda, coulda, woulda is fun to play... but the facts are the fact, Marshall and the Bears missed the playoffs just like we did. Now They are scrambling for a new head coach, and I don't envy the guy who takes that job, Culter (the coach killer) and B. Marshall are the meat and cheese of a douche bag sandwich.

edit: but back to the thread topic, I'm actually with you, I'm neither for or against Percy, if the coaches think he's worth bringing in, and if the compensation is worth it to us, I'm sure we can use him.

I was simply trying to point out that he wasn't the sole reason they missed the playoffs, just like he wouldn't have been the sole reason for our amount of wins if he were here. You still can't deny that he is a beast: 118 receptions, 1,508 yards, 12.8 avg., 11 TDs. That's about four times the number of touchdowns that all of our receivers had this past year.

At least we are agreeable on one thing though... lol.

I was simply trying to point out that he wasn't the sole reason they missed the playoffs, just like he wouldn't have been the sole reason for our amount of wins if he were here. You still can't deny that he is a beast: 118 receptions, 1,508 yards, 12.8 avg., 11 TDs. That's about four times the number of touchdowns that all of our receivers had this past year.

we can't really say marshall would've added 1500 yards to the 3000+ passing yards we had. it's safer to assume he would've taken 1000 yards away from bess and hartline. And... we have no way of knowing if he even would've played for us this year. I think the only QB he wanted this season was cutler and he might've sat out the season on protest.

This is laughable. He could be the most electric player in the NFL today. If you said you didn't want him b/c of the injury history (migraines, etc.) than I respect that and your opinion. Saying he isn't even that good is a joke.
I like how you said "could be" rather than "is." When in reality, Harvin still hasn't reached 1000 yard season as of yet.

Tread carefully. I'd much rather go Jennings/Hopkins or Jennings/Woods/Bailey. I'd be happy if we got Harvin, but their seem to be easier ways to fill the WR slot with
proven players and youngsters without giving up picks

B. Marshall is a beast (at least that is his nick name)... If only his talent/skills/atheletic abilty were attached to somebody who wasn't a complete dick head! Marshall wasn't a team player, he desperatly wanted out of Miami, so we did what we could and got what we could for him...

I don't care how hot a chick is, if she's a complete ****, high maintence and leaves you with blue balls (drops key TD passes in the end zone), it's time to let some other poor guy deal with her baggage because ultimatly you'll be better off in the long run regarless of how much you'll miss hitting it from the back side.

And what about the dropped Td in the early Green bay game that cost them the playoffs.

Now the Bears weren't going to the playoffs without BM efforts but they could have 11 or 12 wins if he doesn't do his normal dropsies against good teams.

And what about the dropped Td in the early Green bay game that cost them the playoffs.

Now the Bears weren't going to the playoffs without BM efforts but they could have 11 or 12 wins if he doesn't do his normal dropsies against good teams.

What about his clutch reception on a jump ball against Seattle that set up the game winning field goal with no time remaining. We could go on for days with this...

What about his clutch reception on a jump ball against Seattle that set up the game winning field goal with no time remaining. We could go on for days with this...

Like I said he did win some games for Chicago, just not enough to make the playoffs. Like always.

I don't understand why people knock Marshall for not making the playoffs. The guy is a receiver, which means he's a roleplayer, a pretty damn good one too, but I don't like the drops in big games which is why I don't want Bowe either.

But still, you guys make it sound like the Patriots would not be in the playoffs if they had him.

I don't understand why people knock Marshall for not making the playoffs. The guy is a receiver, which means he's a roleplayer, a pretty damn good one too, but I don't like the drops in big games which is why I don't want Bowe either.

But still, you guys make it sound like the Patriots would not be in the playoffs if they had him.

we're only defending the argument that if we retained Marshall we would have made the playoffs (or at least have a way better record)... Point is, B. Marshall alone didn't help the Bears get to the playoffs anymore then he helped us... this is speaking from his production standpoint, over looking the drama he brought to our team.

Percy harvin almost leads the league in all purpose yards every year... ya he hasnt reached a 1000 yard season... but who was his qb every year cmon with a good qb percy would b the most electrifying player in this league he was on pace to shatter records this year but was shut down because an injury and an argument with the coaching staff.. I would love him on our team he can play receiver, running back, kr hes an all around beast n would be better than alot of those other guys everyone is talking about... some of u all just dont no football... he was being said to be the mvp for the Viking s b4 he got injured and I recall ap saying him and percy was like having to mjs on one team.... hes better than any player we've ever had at that position n he comes with no bagadge

His migraines are concerning to me. When he plays he adds a spark to the offense and is capable of big plays at any time. On the other hand he has missed alot of games and I would not want to give up alot in compensation or in a new contract. Too much of a gamble IMO.

Back
Top Bottom