Pete Shrager is excited about our prospects this year.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pete Shrager is excited about our prospects this year..

Sarnics13

Mad Dog bites!
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm sure someone knows how to get a video of it but on the GMFB show he just did a bit on three reasons why we are going to the AFC championship game.

1. Adam Gase
2. On paper the team is loaded in every position
3. Jay Cutler. Says he gets a bad rap and has more talent than he's ever had

Dude was creaming his pants

I'm sure someone knows how to get a video of it but on the GMFB show he just did a bit on three reasons why we are going to the AFC championship game.

1. Adam Gase
2. On paper the team is loaded in every position
3. Jay Cutler. Says he gets a bad rap and has more talent than he's ever had

Dude was creaming his pants
I think he was looking at the wrong paper.

Our pass defense has serious problems. We could see a lot of high-scoring shootouts.

Last year was done with smoke and mirrors, in that the team won four more games than it lost, despite that it surrendered 17 more points than it scored on the year.

Unless the schedule proves very weak once again, or there is a huge turnover margin in favor of the team, there will have to be an improvement in offensive output and/or defensive points surrendered to even make the playoffs, let alone reach the conference championship.

What this guy hasn't seemed to consider is the likelihood of a team's reaching the conference championship without having a playoff bye and home-field advantage. The Dolphins will likely need to improve from 10-6 to at least 12-4 for that to happen, and that's quite the jump when last year was more like smoke and mirrors than a "real" 10-6.

Assuming that we aren't winning the division, this prediction means we win our wildcard game and then get lucky so we play the #2 seed in the second game, again assuming Pats are 1 seed which almost everybody thinks is a given. Seems awfully far fetched.

Back
Top Bottom