Pete Shrager is excited about our prospects this year.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pete Shrager is excited about our prospects this year..

Well...I am not sure I would go as far as he did predicting a trip to the AFC Championship game, but it's better than the poke in the eye we usually get from the major media.

Last edited:
OMG I just watched the clip. I need a cleansing.

WTF is Good Morning Football?! LMAO.

Is that how far NFLN has sunk these days? What an abomination.
You are the most pessimistic poster on this site. There is not a positive post posted where you don't invaded with negative thoughts. What record are you predicting this year?? 0-16!? Step back from the edge of the cliff it's going to be ok.

You are the most pessimistic poster on this site. There is not a positive post posted where you don't invaded with negative thoughts. What record are you predicting this year?? 0-16!? Step back from the edge of the cliff it's going to be ok.

Or are you the negative nancy since all you claim to see are my negative posts?

I've had many positive things to say about this team in terms of our offensive scheme and playcalling, recievers, Tannehill, some defenders (Wake, Suh, Jones, McMillan, Howard, Phillips even), etc.

I also don't see it as negativity but rather as being realistic when compared to the rest of the NFL and other's team's success.

Feel free to put me on ignore. I'm not here to run the site's koolaid stand.

Last edited:
There's reason why its a "bold prediction." Though I really have grown to liking Gase, the defense's scheme and shortfall on talent keeps me from believing they can win a playoff game. Additionally, the Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Titans and even the Texans have an easier road. Short of knocking off the Pats for the division it will be a battle just to make the playoffs. And no Shula, that's not laying the groundwork for excuses if they don't lol.

I tend to agree here. While we should be improved over last year, I think Gase should have skipped the one year experiment with Vance Joseph and went after an established DC and began the transition to 3-4/4-3 under personnel.

We could have been staffed enough in year two to really make a jump. Of course this would have meant a position change (of sorts) for our two best players....Wake and Suh but I think they are good enough to excel in either front.

we'd obviously end up playing on the road in all likelihood but i agree that a playoff win (our first in 15 years) would satisfy me for 2017

I was 11 and 5 with tanny I'm now 9-7 think the qb play under cutler is gonna be up and down and be a reason we lose some games. Gase is a plus 2 head coach but this is a lot to overcome before the season even starts. Wheels could fall off the bus if cutler gets hurt unless we are playing 16 games against the jets and bills. We'd be dialing it down considerably in terms of freedom of the qb and ways we go about things.

No matter what happens gase is gonna get a mulligan for the result.

By far scariest thing I see outside of qb attrition is starting nickel lb attrition. We just can't afford to lose either one of those starting nickel backers. Hewitt is such an unknown there right now. Everything else would be a massive eye sore.

That would likely mean a win on the road against New England, Oakland, or Pittsburgh in the divisional. Yikes.

I'm optimistic about our offense. More than I thought I would be. I undersold Gase being able to limit Cutler's exposure. I think our offense is capable of being very potent with Cutler. I think Jay Ajayi is going to make his mark as the best back in the NFL too. The protection just needs to be average and we'll be a top 10 offense.

Defense is another story. Goddchaux, Hayes, and Timmons should be a boost in the run support however.

I want a god damn Super Bowl championship.

Everything else is essentially meaningless.
Been waiting my entire life. I'm 38. The last time we were in the AFC title game I was in middle school. The last time we were in the SB I was in kindergarten. I just want one. Just gimme ONE. IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOOTBALL GODS?! (Rhetorical question, I already know the answer to that lol).

Been waiting my entire life. I'm 38. The last time we were in the AFC title game I was in middle school. The last time we were in the SB I was in kindergarten. I just want one. Just gimme ONE. IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOOTBALL GODS?! (Rhetorical question, I already know the answer to that lol).

Right there with you. I'm 36.

Im not sure where jelani Jenkins is depth chart wise in Oakland but if he's cut and he's healthy i would absolutely sign him to a vet minimum one year pact especially if Hewitt is either put on ir or can't go early this season.

I would much rather play in the nickel with a healthy Jenkins than any of the other in house options. Plus he would have a leg up on learning the d.

When we lost Raekwon we at least lost the backup nickel "mike"option. Now it looks like it's health wise hull. Yuck

Im not sure where jelani Jenkins is depth chart wise in Oakland but if he's cut and he's healthy i would absolutely sign him to a vet minimum one year pact especially if Hewitt is either put on ir or can't go early this season.

I would much rather play in the nickel with a healthy Jenkins than any of the other in house options. Plus he would have a leg up on learning the d.

When we lost Raekwon we at least lost the backup nickel "mike"option. Now it looks like it's health wise hull. Yuck

Jenkins looks like he might be their starter at OLB.

Last edited:
Good Morning NFL or whatever it is called is essentially your morning NFL/news talk show. Typically to be watch while one gets ready for work, not sure of the complaint. It is a form of entertainment.

As far a what they said, who knows, maybe we have suffered enough with injuries and we go through the rest of the season healthy...typically that is a big factor in success. I look forward to any extra games the team plays, so more playoff games gives me more Sundays of football I care about.

And if you guys remember last year Hewitt couldn't even beat out spencer paysinger for the starting nickel once attrition kicked in. Hard to count on that.

Of course a Jenkins move would probably be a reactionary one to the loss of a plan a nickel Timmons or kiko

Last year was done with smoke and mirrors, in that the team won four more games than it lost, despite that it surrendered 17 more points than it scored on the year.

Unless the schedule proves very weak once again, or there is a huge turnover margin in favor of the team, there will have to be an improvement in offensive output and/or defensive points surrendered to even make the playoffs, let alone reach the conference championship.

What this guy hasn't seemed to consider is the likelihood of a team's reaching the conference championship without having a playoff bye and home-field advantage. The Dolphins will likely need to improve from 10-6 to at least 12-4 for that to happen, and that's quite the jump when last year was more like smoke and mirrors than a "real" 10-6.
The defense certainly did seem to get by with "Smoke and Mirrors" at times.

But the absolute truth about the NFL is you are what your record says you are. We were 10-6. SO it was certainly a "real" 10-6.

Its our record so its real...

FH dude, I swear, SMDH

Back
Top Bottom