Peter King: Joe Philbin Story...Impressive

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Hayden Fox, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

2. Dolphin15

Dolphin15 Banned Hammered

Thanks. The more I read the more comfortable I am with him as our head coach. I just hope it all translates to wins

3. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Donator

I truly believe we got Philbin at just the right time for both the Dolphins and himself. He may be heading into 50 but I think for him he is now ready to be a long time HC in this league and the Dolphins are lucky to have found him now.

4. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Great article. Just more confirmation that not only is Philbin a career-influencer who has succeeded at each progressive level of responsibility, but also that he's a high character person who builds lifetime bonds of respect and affection. Birk's comments paralleled those recently made by Aaron Rodgers about Philbin playing a large part in both his professional -and personal development.

I think we ended up with a special HC; someone who intellectually can figure out how to succeed rather than merely stumbling around on instincts and hoping for the best. I am totally stoked.

5. MiZFiT

MiZFiT FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I've had a hard on for the past four days.

6. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

wow what a school Philben, Sherman and Ferentz and Birk being developed by Philben. Maybe we should just hire all the people he knew from here and Harvard lol

7. kloud_9

kloud_9 Well-Known Member

He seems like a guy a team will break they're neck for once they get to.know him...we can build something special with him.I have a great feeling about him moreso than wanny, satan and meatball.

8. Phins28

Phins28 A True Fan

Great article, Philbin is a special person.

9. Phinfan99

Phinfan99 JUICE IS LOOSE

Philbin is a very talented and should do a great job at getting our team in the right direction

10. zodiak

zodiak Starter

Its been said before, but I strongly feel this way with Philbin, the first choice isnt always the best Jimmy Johnson turned Tampa down for Miami and the Bucs hired Tony Dungey, more recent Atlanta missing on Parcells and hitting with Thomas Dimitroff.

Its seems that "fate" plays a large part in people ending up where they need to be, ofcourse Philbin hasnt won a single game, LOL, but I like the vibe that he has.

We all read how important leaders are, people lead in different ways, my hope is that Joe Philbin is the kind of leader that players follow because they respect and care for him rather than simply fear him.

11. 1972fins

1972fins Well-Known Member

so how about our owners' ability to identify a potentially great coach, how about aknowledging that maybe Ross is special and has a very good vision for this team's future.

12. al711

al711 Well-Known Member

good point...

13. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

I wouldnt go so far as saying he has some special ability to find a potentially great coach till it happens. I mean who didnt want Harbaugh. He should of taken a class on how to hire the coach you want and maybe he would not have flunked that test last year. He proposed to another chick with a wife already on board.

14. johngarry

johngarry "Mysterious" Super Donator Donator

the tragic irony of this is the fact that the Philbin's were coming to Miami anyway... Michael was to be a new student at The U. he was excited about becoming a Cane. his dad becoming HC of the Dolphins... they all must have thought it was a dream. then the nightmare. now the phoenix. i think we all want this story to be written with all of them, very soon - standing on a podium, hoisting the Lombardi... hugging each other... confetti... flashbulbs... joy... tears... slo-mo fade...

15. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

I did not know he was networked so much with the Iowa family. Impressive.

16. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

I did not know his son was going to Miami good find. I know his son would want to go quite a ways from the area since he got in all that trouble there

17. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

I know it's off topic but SCREW Fisher. The right choice was the guy who wanted to come here all along.
    Both the coach and the fan base have some healing to do and this is a guy we all can get behind for a change.

18. abNORMal

abNORMal A True Fan

"All people suffer loss. When you lose someone, it's part of life, but you have to be resilient. You have to take the bad things and difficult times and turn them into good, and that's what we will do. And we'll do it with the Miami Dolphin family."
    -- Diane Philbin, wife of new Miami coach Joe Philbin, as the Dolphins named Philbin the 10th coach in club history on Saturday, eight days after the Philbin family laid one of their six children, Michael, to rest after he drowned in Wisconsin.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...er.bowl.xlvi.matchup/index.html#ixzz1kKqMWCkk

19. Phin-Phan 66

Phin-Phan 66 Cunning Linguist

Great read - thanks for posting this one, and all the others the past few weeks.

20. FightingPhins

FightingPhins Well-Known Member

The thing I like so much about this article is that all of these guys were affected so profoundly by Philbin. People, especially athletes tend to gravitate to leaders that not only are charismatic, but are also effective. No matter how good of a talker you are, you don't generate that kind of respect without being good at your job as well. The respect doesn't come without the results.

That is what is most exciting for me.

21. jonanthans

jonanthans LES f**g MILES

After reading the article, I have to say he seems to have the same personality as our great Don Shula. Great person first and foremost, loyal and his players want to play for him. That is a huge intangible. Hopefully he has the same success as Coach Shula had. Exciting times for us Finatics..

22. insom187

insom187 Fin fan in hostile territory

Just give my team some goddamn respectability again. I'm happy we have a likeable guy as coach but I want some wins as quickly as possible. This team has some good pieces but just needs that kick in the *** to pull this franchise from the lull we've been dragging in.

23. endorPHINS72

endorPHINS72 Restore the greatness!

Very well said, Vaark!