Peter King: Joe Philbin Story...Impressive | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King: Joe Philbin Story...Impressive

Thanks. The more I read the more comfortable I am with him as our head coach. I just hope it all translates to wins

I truly believe we got Philbin at just the right time for both the Dolphins and himself. He may be heading into 50 but I think for him he is now ready to be a long time HC in this league and the Dolphins are lucky to have found him now.

Great article. Just more confirmation that not only is Philbin a career-influencer who has succeeded at each progressive level of responsibility, but also that he's a high character person who builds lifetime bonds of respect and affection. Birk's comments paralleled those recently made by Aaron Rodgers about Philbin playing a large part in both his professional -and personal development.

I think we ended up with a special HC; someone who intellectually can figure out how to succeed rather than merely stumbling around on instincts and hoping for the best. I am totally stoked.

wow what a school Philben, Sherman and Ferentz and Birk being developed by Philben. Maybe we should just hire all the people he knew from here and Harvard lol

He seems like a guy a team will break they're neck for once they get to.know him...we can build something special with him.I have a great feeling about him moreso than wanny, satan and meatball.

Great article, Philbin is a special person.

Philbin is a very talented and should do a great job at getting our team in the right direction

Its been said before, but I strongly feel this way with Philbin, the first choice isnt always the best Jimmy Johnson turned Tampa down for Miami and the Bucs hired Tony Dungey, more recent Atlanta missing on Parcells and hitting with Thomas Dimitroff.

Its seems that "fate" plays a large part in people ending up where they need to be, ofcourse Philbin hasnt won a single game, LOL, but I like the vibe that he has.

We all read how important leaders are, people lead in different ways, my hope is that Joe Philbin is the kind of leader that players follow because they respect and care for him rather than simply fear him.

so how about our owners' ability to identify a potentially great coach, how about aknowledging that maybe Ross is special and has a very good vision for this team's future.

so how about our owners' ability to identify a potentially great coach, how about aknowledging that maybe Ross is special and has a very good vision for this team's future.

good point...

I wouldnt go so far as saying he has some special ability to find a potentially great coach till it happens. I mean who didnt want Harbaugh. He should of taken a class on how to hire the coach you want and maybe he would not have flunked that test last year. He proposed to another chick with a wife already on board.

the tragic irony of this is the fact that the Philbin's were coming to Miami anyway... Michael was to be a new student at The U. he was excited about becoming a Cane. his dad becoming HC of the Dolphins... they all must have thought it was a dream. then the nightmare. now the phoenix. i think we all want this story to be written with all of them, very soon - standing on a podium, hoisting the Lombardi... hugging each other... confetti... flashbulbs... joy... tears... slo-mo fade...

I did not know he was networked so much with the Iowa family. Impressive.

Back
Top Bottom