Peter King- "The Dolphins love them some Ryan Tannehill"/ Eli vs. Moore | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King- "The Dolphins love them some Ryan Tannehill"/ Eli vs. Moore

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
http://www.cnnsi.com/2012/writers/peter_king/04/01/bounty/1.html

"Club officials, including GM Jeff Ireland and coach Joe Philbin, dined with Tannehill in College Station Wednesday night, then spent about 90 minutes with him on the greaseboard Thursday after the workout. Any doubt now that Tannehill won't get past No. 8, where Miami picks?"

"It's pretty clear Cleveland and Miami are the leading candidates for Tannehill. I think he'd be a better fit in Miami because, after 19 starts at quarterback in college football, he may need a year of seasoning and time to get used to a new system before feeling the weight of a franchise on his shoulders. And right now, Matt Moore has more security -- and faith from the fan base in Miami -- than Colt McCoy has in Cleveland. One bad month and the fans would be calling for Tannehill in Miami. But one bad half in Cleveland and the chants for Tannehill would begin. Check out what Moore did in the last nine weeks of the regular season versus a rather prominent Super Bowl hero:"

Matt Moore vs. Eli Manning
W-LComp%YardsTD-IntRating
Moore, Miami6-3.6121,79115-597.8
E. Manning, NY4-5.5832,80616-1186.4
Last nine weeks of the 2011 regular season

the good thing about dolphin players is we can measure them by partial seasons unlike the rest of t. he league. I bet Mark Sanchez would love to not count his last three games

Already discussed in the other thread.

But for the record: Eli Manning just won his second Superbowl MVP award. Miami won 6 games. Of COURSE Dolphin fans are going to feel like this is a good comparison.....especially when missing the point King was making. The non-highlighted parts.

Manning had over a thousand more passing yards in the same amount of games.

I'm not knocking Matt Moore for one second, I think he'll do a fine job for us if he is starting this coming season, but Eli is one of the elite QBs in the league and Moore is some way off that.

the good thing about dolphin players is we can measure them by partial seasons unlike the rest of t. he league. I bet Mark Sanchez would love to not count his last three games

Yes, we, as Dolphin fans...

Already discussed in the other thread.

But for the record: Eli Manning just won his second Superbowl MVP award. Miami won 6 games. Of COURSE Dolphin fans are going to feel like this is a good comparison.....especially when missing the point King was making. The non-highlighted parts.

dont shoot the messenger, nobody is comparing them directly, its just the last 9 games, missing out on the point of the post

dont shoot the messenger, nobody is comparing them directly, its just the last 9 games, missing out on the point of the post

Nobody is comparing them directly...which is why a direct comparison of their numbers is posted. Anyways, the point of the post should have been the same point King was making:

"It's pretty clear Cleveland and Miami are the leading candidates for Tannehill. I think he'd be a better fit in Miami because, after 19 starts at quarterback in college football, he may need a year of seasoning and time to get used to a new system before feeling the weight of a franchise on his shoulders. And right now, Matt Moore has more security -- and faith from the fan base in Miami -- than Colt McCoy has in Cleveland. One bad month and the fans would be calling for Tannehill in Miami. But one bad half in Cleveland and the chants for Tannehill would begin. Check out what Moore did in the last nine weeks of the regular season versus a rather prominent Super Bowl hero:"

Point King was driving at: Matt Moore is mediocre. Colt McCoy is just plan bad. When trying to decide which team would give him the chance to sit for a year, mediocre tops bad.

Moore was pretty consistenty good after he had three games to get down the offense. Thank heaven we have an offseason for these QBs to get down a new offense.

Nobody is comparing them directly...which is why a direct comparison of their numbers is posted. Anyways, the point of the post should have been the same point King was making:

Point King was driving at: Matt Moore is mediocre. Colt McCoy is just plan bad. When trying to decide which team would give him the chance to sit for a year, mediocre tops bad.

comparing them directly would be breaking down each aspect of their games and arm strength, accuracy, pocket awareness, redzone numbers, yard per completion, and every other stat etc.

the chart was just a measuring stick to give an example to a casual fan that Moore is not as terrible as Dolphins fans make him out to be, not to be taken as a literal "oh look Matt Moore may be better than Eli because of this chart" everyone knows thats not the case...

Its best to measure QBs with second half comeback victories, playoff wins and trips to the super Bowl.

The division stunk and the teams fell back a little, 4-5 down the stretch?

and what he fell to mention that the G-men had a certain receiver catching the football for 5 yards and run 65 yards for touchdown, and by the way have peter king ever been right abought anything recently?

But is it not the least bit logical, that Moore, was brand new this offense, never got the first team reps until week 4, where as Sanchez was in the same system for almost 4 years, with supposedly more weapons, better oline, better RB, better T.E., better coaching and etc. ?

Does the fact that Matt Moore had a more complicated start to the season base on the facts that I just mentioned, there's a small percentage somewhere, we can accurately judge in 9 games.

Not making excuses I just want to know as long as we have watch football, we know how hard it is to come right in at the QB position and start playing well right now. From what we now, doesn't take awhile if you are new to a system to start performing better.

How bout this, did Matt Moore not perform better, even if you look at his entire season stats, than any other available qb last year ?

But is it not the least bit logical, that Moore, was brand new this offense, never got the first team reps until week 4, where as Sanchez was in the same system for almost 4 years, with supposedly more weapons, better oline, better RB, better T.E., better coaching and etc. ?

Does the fact that Matt Moore had a more complicated start to the season base on the facts that I just mentioned, there's a small percentage somewhere, we can accurately judge in 9 games.

Not making excuses I just want to know as long as we have watch football, we know how hard it is to come right in at the QB position and start playing well right now. From what we now, doesn't take awhile if you are new to a system to start performing better.

How bout this, did Matt Moore not perform better, even if you look at his entire season stats, than any other available qb last year ?
Yes, he has hope. He needs to play better in critical situations

Manning had over a thousand more passing yards in the same amount of games.

I'm not knocking Matt Moore for one second, I think he'll do a fine job for us if he is starting this coming season, but Eli is one of the elite QBs in the league and Moore is some way off that.

It's not just the passing yards but Manning had nine 4th quarter touchdown passes over the last nine game compared to two for Moore.

Back
Top Bottom