Peter King's mid-season All-Pro team - 3 Dolphins on it!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by GasPed, Nov 3, 2010.

1. GasPed

GasPed Well-Known Member

2. Pinkboy

Pinkboy A True Fan

Wake never surprised me. I had him as a Pro Bowl pass rusher in the NFL the moment we signed him.

3. Mogwai

Mogwai Seasoned Veteran

Neat. Wake is the most remarkable pickup this FO has made. There have been negative pickups, but that is one ****ing magnificent positive. Brandon Flowers over Vontae I could ***** about. Also Earl Thomas is getting a lot of deserved pub. Odrick better come back like a monster.

4. DphinBillkiller

DphinBillkiller Touchdown

He's making plays left and right like it's nothing."
    Steelers coach Mike Tomlin agreed.
    "Cameron Wake is having a Pro Bowl-calibre year," Tomlin said.

5. Eli_Manning

Eli_Manning Well-Known Member

i remember the clowns saying that said the cfl was just the cfl and he would be a mediocre to ok pass rusher in the nfl.

6. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

I only have one problem with this picture, the fact that King passed on Probowl Kicker Dan Carpenter that is having an amazing season. Billy Cundiff, PSSSSSssss

7. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

I remember the clowns who said Bess was gonna be camp folder. Always knew Bess was going to be a superstar

8. jason37

jason37 Drivin' the Yeremiah Bell Bandwagon

What, no Yeremiah bell!? This is an outrage!

9. Adam First

Adam First Don't Hate Miami Finheaven VIP Donator

Seriously. He cites kickoff average as his reasoning behind it...puh-lease.

10. VA_Finfan

VA_Finfan A True Fan

He's having a below average season. He's whiffing tackles almost every game.

11. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

Scobee should be the kicker...even Carpenter can't beat a 59 yard game-winner against the Colts followed by a 54 yarder the next week...

12. jason37

jason37 Drivin' the Yeremiah Bell Bandwagon

Do you realise you are talking about the player who is leading our team in tackles? and also he is 10th in the AFC in tackles and in the top 20 in the entire NFL? Not to mention he has blocked a field goal and a Forced Fumble?

The numbers are also skewed down as one third of the nfl has yet to have a bye week, and we have!

Maybe I have my YB blinders on(as he is clearly my favorite player), But I think he is playing great.

13. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

Yeremiah Bell is having an outstanding year: 55 tackles, 0.5 sacks, 3 PBU, 3 TFL, 1 QB Hit, 1 blocked FG, 1 FF. Keep it up Bull Frog

Chris Clemons having nice year as well: 31 tackles, 0.5 sacks, 1 PBU, 2 TFL, 2 FF. Thanks to the refs it was not a game winning fumble. At least Clemons PBU on the pass intended for T.O. in the endzone was not called for pass interference.

Just like I praised Clemons, I will say this, he needs to work on catching footballs. Clemons should have 3 INTS by my count. Use stickem

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2010
  14. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

I remember the clowns who said, "We'll never all fit in that tiny car!"

[​IMG]

Boy, were they wrong.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

He's not a superstar, he's a good player but it's comical for anyone to put him on an all-pro team.

I love the Peyton manning lovefest from the media. Do they realize this guy still has reggie Wayne and Pierre Garcon and that he has only been w/o Clark for ONE game so far? They act like he's winning w/ bunch of guys who cannot play in this league. It just baffles me the way he has the media wrapped around his finger.

16. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

Your Joking right? When your receivers learn how to catch a ball I think than maybe you can express your feelings, till then HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Peyton is probably the best QB of all time, get out of here with that crap.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

He's on pace for 900 rec yds in an offense that cannot score but clearly he's an all pro:lol:

Manning might be the greatest regular season player of all time, he's not close to the best b/c he is so mediocre in postseason and it's comical how they celebrate him for having to rough it w/ guys like Reggie Wayne who is bettre than any WR Brady has had outside of 2007 Randy Moss.

18. Penthos

Penthos Am I on speaker phone?

He may not be a "superstar" in the "high-profile big-name" sense. But when it comes to catching the ball, running routes, finding gaps, and moving the chains, Bess most certainly is a "superstar".

IMO, Bess has more upside and will be better than Wes Welker.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

I have always thought welker was incredibly overrated, we are seeing the real wes w/o Moss around to command all the attention. Welker is a GOOD player, Bess is a GOOD player. Nothing more.

20. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

don't hate appreciate!

21. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

He's a good player, I like him. I'm just not going to overstate how good he actually is.

22. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

Dude Sanchez has the worst completion pct. in the NFL and your WR are not catching anything, granted your defense is good and you have a better record than us, but you are arguing about something where only you see it that way.

I understand you not wanting to admit Bess is good, your a Jets fan, but to say that Manning is overrated is absolutely ridiculous.

23. dalbury6

dalbury6 Member

cummon man your gunna talk about manning? have you seen what the media has done to mark sanchez? they act like he is the second coming and in reality he is having a below average year. not to mention the last game when the media blamed it all on the recievers 14/37 and 2 pics...cant be all the recievers fault. everyone needs to realize hes not that good. peyton manning is possible going to be the best qb ever by the end of his career. so he gets the media but he deserves it

24. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

If Bess being on there is "comical" well hell, Brandon Moore being named is a downright "sidesplitter" !

25. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

Comp % only tells part of the story, I hate uninformed fans that look at a stat like that and ignore everything else. That much better comp % is sure helping Henne get the ball in the EZ, right?

Where have I brought the Jets WRs into this? This is not Bess vs. our WRs(though Edwards has had a bigger impact this year than Bess), it's Peter King saying Bess is a top 3 WR in this league and that is laughable. Again, GOOD player. I'm not bashing him but he's not a great player and certainly not AP caliber.

I have said over and over that Bess IS good. Do different words appear on your computer screens when you see my posts?

Manning is a great reg season QB, he's a mediocre possteason QB. he always has the most talent around him on offense and the minute his team suffers an injury or two they have a pity party that he only has Wayne and Garcon to throw to. Poor guy:lol:

yes, mark sanchez is called the greatest QB ever to play the game by the media:lol: They love him and he can do no wrong. Please forward me all the articles about how great he is and how he gets a pass for poor play?

You do realize that BOTH INTs were caught by our WRs and ripped away after the WRs were down? How is that on the QB? and we had 8-9 drops so while Sanchez wasn't great it certainly wasn't all on him. You'd know that if you watched the game.

Do you even know who Brandon Moore is?

I don't follow interior line play as much as you apparently but my guess is it's not crazy to put a Jets OL on this list when we have had one of the top OLs in the game.

26. Penthos

Bess WILL be in the Probowl, maybe not this year, but he definitiely has the skills.

Maybe your receivers need to hold on the the ball and not let it get stripped out like candy being taken from a school girl. Rex needs to tell them to cling to that ball like Sanchez clings to a hotdog, or Rex clings to delusions of grandeur.

27. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

i agree with the bold pretty much except for the fact that ur basically minimazing his accomplishments on what he has done with guys like garcon, collie, etc. lets be real here, there is not a person on this board, or yet who follows the nfl really that thought garcon and collie would be big impact players when they come into the nfl. the fact is, manning does make lots of average guys like real good.

28. jfleag61

jfleag61 A True Fan

The thing that gets me is that anyone really gives a shhhhy IT about peter king!!

29. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

Pro bowl and all-pro are 2 completely different honors. the much greater and more difficult to achieve honor is all-pro. I doubt we see him ina pro bowl but I know we'll never see him as an all-pro.

Garcon and Collie are pretty talented guys and they are his 3rd or 4th options.

30. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

they look a lot bette than they are because manning makes them look better. look at this tightend, jake tamme , his first game starting for the colts, although he didnt have dallas clark numbers, he looked real solid. manning makes people look good. i do agree though with everything else u said about how his postseason numbers r not that great, and he is prob the best REGULAR season qb of all time.

31. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

There's no doubt he makes players look better but all that talent around him makes his job alot easier too. Some of the things I saw Collie and Garcon do last year were NOT b/c of the QB. That was big tiem talent that slipped through the cracks. Peyton is a great player, one of the best ever but I think people focus too much on reg season fantasy #s and ignore his poor play in the biggest games including throwing away SB XLIV and it bothers me how he is being celebrated for playing one game w/ Clark and having to rough it w/ guys like reggie wayne and Garcon. What e has now is as good as Brady has had his entire caree w/ the exception of '07 and '09.

32. Ed Norton

Ed Norton Scout Team

You have to be happy with the year Bess is having but Marshall is the best WR on the team. Marshall is the guy they worry about.

I think Bell's tackle stats are over rated. Usually not a good sign when backs are making most of the tackles. Not only coming from backs but a lot of tackles can mean you are on the field too much.

What about Vontae?

33. Tunaphish429

Tunaphish429 1st Ballot Hall of Famer Donator

Carp should be on this team no doubt.

34. GasPed

GasPed Well-Known Member

On the other hand, think about it. There's 26 players on King's All-Pro team and 32 teams in the league. Statistically speaking, we should expect to see maybe one Dolphin on the team - but we have three! If he had put Carp on, there would be four, and King would be accused of having a serious case of Miami-philia. It actually looks bad enough as it is.

(Although he does seem to have a case of Brandon-philia - 4 guys named Brandon on his team! :) )

35. HurriPhin

HurriPhin A True Fan

How do we know Wayne is the player he is without Peyton? They're 10 year tenure together is what makes them special. And Garcon??? You're acting like Garcon is some premier Pro Bowl WR. IMO Pierre is nothing without Manning, just like the rest of the Colts WR core. Manning makes a lot of his receivers what they are. Also in my humble opinion, Manning is the greatest QB to ever play the game, and that is hard for me to admit having mucho man love for Marino. (Although Marino is still the best pure passer EVER)

36. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

Watching Garcon last year torch our team it was easy to see how talented he was. he made moves that average players do not make.

Reggie wayne is an elite talent in the NFL. Of course Peyton helps him but he also helps Peyton.

I always love how peyton gets all the credit when the Colts win but every time they lose a big game it's someone else's fault even though peyton is usually the main culprit like in the SB last year.

Peyton is the best reg season QB, he's not even top 5 all time when you factor in his poor play in postseason. marino wasn't the greatest postseason QB either but he didn't have half the talent around him that Paeyton has had since day 1 in this league. Indy has consistently had teams capable of winning SBs for the last decade and they only have one title and that one came in a postseason where Peyton threw 3 TDs and 7 INTs and had one great half of football the entire postseason.

37. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

You really have a love fest with Brady...wow Listen Brady is a great QB, would love to have him in Miami, but he is not better then Payton, you need to come to that realization, you will feel heathier for it.

38. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Wrong, this year, with Moss, Welker was good not great. You need to understand, Brady is having a good year, not great, Payton is still having a great year, not good.

As for Bess, Bess will get better, right now he is going from good to very good.

39. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

Welker in 4 games w/ Moss 2010:
    26 recs, 217 yds, 3 TDs
    avg. per game: 7 recs, 54 yds, .8 TDs

Welker in 3 games w/o Moss 2010:
    14 recs, 102 yds, zero TDs
    avg. per game: 5 recs, 34 yds, zero TDs

Brady ishas led a band of misfits to the best record in the NFL

I hate Brady but I am honest. Just like I hated Marino but he's in my top 5 all time.

If I need to win a fantasy championship Peyton is my QB
    If I need to win REAL big games then I take Brady

40. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

His kick offs haven't been very good that's a fact
    The top kickers have 24,18,15 ,and 14 touchbacks...Carpenter has only 6 touchbacks

Returns on kickoffs for Carpenter is next to last in the NFL ...WITH an average of 27.6 yards
    many of you will say,"the reason for the 27.6 yards per return average is due to special teams play"
    which is part of the problem but having another 8-15 touchbacks would solve the return problem and poor field position

As for the field goals ,55 % of his field goals this season have been made in the past 2 games

2 games out of 16 should not dictate a pro bowl nod

41. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

As good as Bess is it would be a travesty to have Bess picked over the likes of
    Brandon Lloyd
    Reggie Wayne
    T.O.
    Andre Johnson
    Anquan Boldin
    Austin Collie

42. HurriPhin

HurriPhin A True Fan

LOL. Sorry pal, but just because he torches your lowly jests doesn't make him elite.

43. beanh8er

beanh8er A True Fan Donator

Best slot receiver of the group in my opinion.

44. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

I never called him elite but that man has immense talent. people act like this is some schlub that Manning made w/ his own 2 hands. he's a talented WR and Wayne is an elite WR. Poor Peyton, he still has wepaons that most QBs would kill for but b/c he has an injured guy or there is a pity party for him.

45. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

How can Carpenter not be on it?

46. PhinsPhan11

PhinsPhan11 Phins & Philly Sports

That's very cool, I was a little surprised to see Bess on the list.

47. mrbeaver

mrbeaver Active Member

Some of you guys are being way too hard on Nyjunc. He is actually speaking the truth here about Bess. Yes he is very good, but to call him the third best receiver in the league really hurts the credibility of the whole list.

48. Jimi

Jimi The World Is Yours

49. Penthos

Junc doesn't think Wes Welker is anything more than a "good" receiver. However, if that were true I think that Belichick would have replaced him by now with someone cheaper, if not younger.

The position of "slot" receiver is a specialized position and certain receivers (like Bess or Welker) are better suited for and better at it than others.

Nobody called him the third best receiver in the league. King basically feels he is the best "slot" receiver in the league. Why is that so freaking difficult for people to grasp?

50. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

AP teams do not designate the best slot WR, it's the top WRs in the game. It's asinine to have Bess even mentioned as an AP. That's NOT a shot on Bess, he's a good player but he's not AP caliber as of now.

Welker isn't breaking the bank in NE and again like Bess he is a GOOD player. Randy Moss made him look much better than he actually is.