Peter Konz

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Apr 27, 2012.

1. jim1

jim1 Pro Bowler

I would love to see the Fins pick TE Coby Fleener in the 2nd rd and I like WR Rueben Randle quite a bit, but keep your eyes on Peter Konz- dude is a stud, and we need OL help, regardless of all of the money and draft picks spent on Long, Pouncy, Carey, et al. Maybe you move Pouncy to OG, I don't know. The freaking Steelers got a steal with DeCasto at #24 btw...

Kordy Glenn would be a hell of a 2nd rd pick, too. Konz and Glenn are studs- if we miss out on Fleener and Randle I still like Devier Posey, Joe Adams and Devon Wylie. Alshon Jeffrey- stay away please. Poor work ethic and has the separation skills of a Patrick Turner or Ernest Wilford. No thank you.

2. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

There are injury concerns with Konz which explains his fall from the 1st round. Glenn while he is a beast doesn't fit Miami's new offensive scheme. Konz could fall alot further, but is a guy I really like too.

3. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Pefect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

If Miami is smart. they take the BPA on their board at 42. I gotta think that would be Upshaw if he's there.

4. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

Casserly called Konz falling out of round 1. He should be under consideration, but the guy I'm looking at for us if we go OG is Amini Silatolu

5. Fin Thirteen

Fin Thirteen FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Dolphins haven't worked Konz out, according to the Draft Winds list. I think that makes him less likely for the Fins than someone like Mike Adams, Osemele or Brooks. Glenn might not be a ZBS guy, but he's great value in the second.

6. Stranger56

Stranger56 Member

As much as I like Konz, I don't see us picking him in the second round. I think he would be a perfect fit at center for us; sliding Pouncey over to guard (his natural position).

7. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

Miami may be able to trade down a bit and still select Silatolu!!! Upshaw scares me!!! he seems to be more of a strong side 3-4 type LB than a 4-3 rush end with speed and quickness to come off the edge. Curry on the other hand has a variety of moves that make him a better fit for the 4-3.

8. PSU Cane

PSU Cane Starter

I would take Konz in a second...but only if the medical checks out. The guy is a beast and would allow us to move Pouncey to guard where he belongs. He's constantly having snapping issues and he's best at double teaming and sliding off to block defenders at the second level. To me, this would improve 2 positions on the OLine, not just one.

9. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

I posted this exact line of thinking in a post last night ... I see great minds think alike!!! Go Dolphins!!!

10. fishbanger

fishbanger Phin fan since 1970!

Upshaw is good no doubt. He may have weight issues as he gained weight quickly after the combine. He has speed but not tremendous speed for a 1st rounder.

Jenoris Jenkins is probably BPA but has off field risks. He is great football player tho.

11. WaxOn WaxOff

WaxOn WaxOff Starter Finheaven VIP

I like the idea of Konz. I also like Adams, the OT from OSU. He turned in a stellar performance at the Senior Bowl. He is big enough to swallow up defenders. If we pass on a defensive pressure player here, though, there won't be one for us in this draft.

12. The Omen

The Omen Well-Known Member

This is gonna be a tough one. The good thing is we'll most likely have a few options at a position of need, especially since there was a run on RB near the end there.

Theres a hand full of DE available, nice selection of CB's and O-line...

I think we go DE or CB tbh and take some O-line in the 3rd (Massie, Silatolu, James Brown, Bergstrom... one or more should be there when we pick).

13. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

ravens traded down and Konz has been attached to them. I think thats where he goes.

14. The Omen

+1 on this

15. fininpsl

fininpsl A True Fan

One thing I like about drafting one of these tackles if they are available is that if we don't manage to sign Jake to a long-term deal we already have a guy to potentially step in at LT. It we do re-sign Jake we should have bookend tackles. That said we need another guy that can get after the QB, and those guys aren't as numerous as OT's in this draft.

16. WaxOn WaxOff

WaxOn WaxOff Starter Finheaven VIP

Excellent point.

17. PSU Cane

PSU Cane Starter

If we're looking at the tackles, i take Jonathan Martin. I think he has more upside and the ability to play both tackle positions in the NFL.

18. The Omen

I like your thinking but, pending any serious injury to Jake Long, we are NOT letting him go. Philbin values LT as the most important position next to QB on a team and I highly doubt he'll let a top 3 LT in the league go without a fight.

19. normaniii

normaniii A True Fan

I like a lot of players......but I would go in order, Upshaw, Martin, Konz, Silatalu, Andre Branch, Curry

20. Valandui

Valandui Lumberjack Batman Donator

There are about six guys I would love to get. As long as we don't take a DT.