PFF Free Agency Tracker | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF Free Agency Tracker

I did a little looking back to see where our D could have been from our own drafting. It's not spilled milk or anything more than simple reflection. To give some light on our ability to draft, ability to coach and ability to develop. They all may not be super stars, but it does shed some light on a bigger problem: impatience. I'm not necessarily including a cap analysis on our ability to retain. But I do want to show that we have had our chances. I started with the 2009 draft:

CB - Vontae Davis (2009), Sean Smith (2009), Nolan Carroll (2010), Tony Lippett (2015), Bobby McCain (2015)
S - Reshad Jones (2010)
DL - Cameron Wake (2009 FA), Jared Odrick (2010), Olivier Vernon (2012), Terence Fede (2014), Jordan Phillips (2015)
LB - Koa Misi (2010)

The 2015 class was included due to their current presence on the roster.

I'm sure I missed some players. But I wanted to show that if we only persisted in keeping our own talent, our D would not be in as bad of shape as we are now. We've drafted talent, we didn't keep it. You can point out players who clashed with coaching and judge it to be the right call. I challenge the notion we had the wrong coaches. With a coaching door opening/closing so much, there is no possible way every previous player will mesh with a new coach. Yet, many of the guys on this list no longer here went on to success of some magnitude elsewhere.

I propose the issue is not so much our drafting as it is our management and ownership.

If those players were still on our D, I can't imagine we would be needing 8 new starters in one year.

In some years, we've drafted very well in hindsight. We would be solid at CB and DL. Needing only LBs and S. BTW, is it any mystery why our LBs suck? Our ability to draft LB is offensive.

I posted in FA thread because several of the names getting attention in this year's class have been drafted by us (offense and defense). Something to consider when evaluating the real weakness in our organization.

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 2m2 minutes ago
In addition to the #Raiders, I'm told the #Vikings are surging for OG Kelechi Osemele. Expect his deal to land well in excess of $10M per.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Osemele is not coming to South Florida. I love the player, but that is crazy money for guard.

Paying that kind of money, the Vikings should be viewing Osemele as LT. The Vikes just restructured RT Loadholt and that leaves LT Matt Kalil as a potential Post June 1 savings of his final year's salary of $11M.

If the Vikes cut Kalil could he possibly project at OG?

Paying that kind of money, the Vikings should be viewing Osemele as LT. The Vikes just restructured RT Loadholt and that leaves LT Matt Kalil as a potential Post June 1 savings of his final year's salary of $11M.

If the Vikes cut Kalil could he possibly project at OG?

I don't get why the vikes restructured loadholt anyways...they got the pitt kid who is an ascending player who has excellent tools for tackle and played pretty well for a raw rookie and loadholt is a waist bender...gets by cause of his long arms but he doesn't bend and he's becoming injury prone...reminds of that texas tech kid in this years class except he doesn't have loadholts power coming out...waist bender

be odd to me for them to cut kalil...if they add osemele I bet it's at guard despite the price

I don't get why the vikes restructured loadholt anyways...they got the pitt kid who is an ascending player who has excellent tools for tackle and played pretty well for a raw rookie and loadholt is a waist bender...gets by cause of his long arms but he doesn't bend and he's becoming injury prone...reminds of that texas tech kid in this years class except he doesn't have loadholts power coming out...waist bender

be odd to me for them to cut kalil...if they add osemele I bet it's at guard despite the price

Even an old AP could surpass 2,000 yards behind that line. Nice problem to have.

Oh well, at least we got Kiko! :)

Even an old AP could surpass 2,000 yards behind that line. Nice problem to have.

I don't think they are really gonna go after osemele after they just restructured loadholt...it just doesn't make financial sense to me for that team with what they have already...even if they cut kalil loadholt cant play guard and the pitt kid is a tackle all the way...I don't think kalil can play guard either but he wouldn't be on the street long

Rand Getlin @Rand_Getlin
When the market opens tomorrow, Kelechi Osemele will become the newest member of the #Raiders. The two sides have an agreement in principle.

That number will be huge.

5 and 75 anybody?

can't see it that high...but 5 and 60 I wouldn't rule out...they may be replacing penn with him at left tackle...I'm not a fan of it but that team can run the damn ball which will help hide him in pass pro if that's the case...

5 and 75 is way too rich for an ideal guard they may place at left tackle...but hey it is free agency so get your pop corn ready

Rand Getlin @Rand_Getlin
When the market opens tomorrow, Kelechi Osemele will become the newest member of the #Raiders. The two sides have an agreement in principle.

Dolphins style overpay on the way

Rand Getlin @Rand_Getlin
Osemele's market was incredibly hot. When the deal is announced, it'll blow the top off of the OG market. Huge get for the #Raiders.

what did albert get 2 years ago 5 and 54 mil? maybe it's 5 and 65

75 seems like too much of a leap though...

Back
Top Bottom