PFF Free Agency Tracker | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF Free Agency Tracker

I've mentioned I'd be looking at C.J. Anderson. I'm a huge fan of his, if Miller is gone I love CJ's long-term upside. Hopefully Gase was a fan of his. Would be surprised if he isn't, had a great season under him two years ago. Really surprised they tendered him so low, hopefully Brock takes the money and drains a bunch of their cap space. I really don't consider Anderson a much different case than Miller. Really high on him. After him the options are weaker, but I am a Bilal fan. If not can get someone cheap like James Starks and make RB a higher priority in the draft. Kenneth Dixon and Alex Collins are guys I've watched and like.

I'd look at Andre Johnson to get a vet in the WR room. Sure he'd be interested in returning to Miami and his options will be limited. Basically a cheaper Greg Jennings that this staff won't be dumb enough to give many snaps. Drew Stanton isn't a bad name for backup QB duties and I saw we were linked. As for guard, really depends on our scheme. Evan Mathis is the dream scenario and I'd make a big pitch for him. There's good guards in the draft tho, so if we have to aim a little lower like a Schwartz or Evans we just need to look at guards in rounds 2 and 3. Whitehair and Dahl are the guys I've liked so far, and I know I'm in the majority there.

I like Ayers for RDE. But if the $10M figures are accurate that would be insane. Would rather just pony up for Mario Williams in that event. All the other guys we're getting linked to as compliments to Wake are solid. Hayes, Mincey, etc are decent guys to be targeting. In a perfect world we rescind OV's transition tag and sign Mario. Considering we got our MLB and CB1 in a trade we'd be well positioned for a comp pick next year, and a high one. We also need a plugger.

I would be very happy with Pacman, but he has a lot of suitors. Tells you the league isn't too concerned about his character. Patrick Robinson is a very solid fallback and a guy I wanted last offseason. Further down the list are Sterling Moore, Mo Claiborne and Nolan Carroll who would be competent options.

I'd wait out the safety market. Michael Thomas is competent and I think there could be some good value there. Walter Thurmond, Rodney McLeod, Quddus or Bruton. I want a guy who is solid in coverage that can let Reshad play freely.

can't see it that high...but 5 and 60 I wouldn't rule out...they may be replacing penn with him at left tackle...I'm not a fan of it but that team can run the damn ball which will help hide him in pass pro if that's the case...

5 and 75 is way too rich for an ideal guard they may place at left tackle...but hey it is free agency so get your pop corn ready

Yeah 5 / 60 makes the most sense. As crazy as FA may be, and I'm sure they view him as a LT, 5/75 isn't in the cards.

andre Johnson is done...that would be like having greg Jennings all over again...pass..he's not coming here to be your 4th wr and be ok with it

get away from the corpses fellas

andersons dirt cheap because Denver knows that the scheme drives their running game anyways...something Miami should know when it comes to lamar miller or an ezekial Elliott top 10 pick

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 2m2 minutes ago
Dolphins showing interest in well-regarded guard Alex Boone, plus Mario Williams and Pacman Jones pursuit:

Byron Maxwell is 28

Alex Boone will be 29 in May

Adam Jones will be 33 by midseason

Mario Williams is 31.

And on top of it we are trading away draft picks. This is f'n insanity.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 43s44 seconds ago
#Raiders deal for G Kelechi Osemele will make him one of the 5 highest paid OL — including tackles — in NFL. More than $11M per yr.

Byron Maxwell is 28

Mario Williams is 31.

So much for my plan of retain your own, make guard a priority in free agency and get young. Tbaum strikes again.

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 1m1 minute ago
New @IlliniFootball HC Lovie Smith TARGETING Mike Sherman (OC), Tim Holt (OL) & Andrew Hayes-Stoker (WRs) for staff, source tells @NFLonFOX

So much for my plan of retain your own, make guard a priority in free agency and get young. Tbaum strikes again.

I just can't find a way to spin all this non sense in a positive light. It hurts to watch another offseason like this, especially the affect it has on the team's future.

Byron Maxwell is 28

Mario Williams is 31.

I agree with this...the only one I'm interested in is Mario Williams...miamis trading picks and getting old...it's a bad mix for sure...and getting hozed with the trade too

Yep...the exact opposite has happen, was hoping for the team to take their time a build, but they decided to "win now"....just feels like more 8-8 for the next 3 years.

not worth a thread.....

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 6 mins6 minutes ago
New @IlliniFootball HC Lovie Smith TARGETING Mike Sherman (OC), Tim Holt (OL) & Andrew Hayes-Stoker (WRs) for staff, source tells @NFLonFOX

You are one of the few in the football world that is.

I just look at the price vs the potential return and that he's a every down de...and I also think we may get a motivated player...if its him 4 and 32 or ov at 5 or 6 and 75 or 90 it's a no brainer to take the chance on Williams to me and give myself a year or two to find a long term replacement

bit of a leap of faith but financially I think it makes much more sense than paying ov like he's top flight edge

just remember a lot of people thought Julius peppers was done before green bay signed him

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
The #Chargers gave Joe Barksdale a 4-year deal worth $22.2M deal with $10.5M guaranteed, source said.

Back
Top Bottom