PFF grades: Dolphins vs Ravens | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF grades: Dolphins vs Ravens

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/refocused-baltimore-ravens-31-miami-dolphins-7

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:
OG JESSE DAVIS, 29.7

With little to be excited about on offense, the biggest struggles are naturally going to be highlighted. Backup guard Jesse Davis may have had the roughest night on the Dolphins’ roster, as he gave up a sack, a hit and two QB hurries, and also struggled to sustain blocks in the run game as well.

QB JAY CUTLER, 71.3
While the Dolphins were unable to sustain drives early in the game with Jay Cutler under center, his statline should have been better. Two of his three incompletions (on six official attempts) were a throw-away and a drop, and a 31-yard gain on a sideline comeback route was nullified due to a penalty. Expect to see a significant uptick in reps for him next week.

CB CORDREA TANKERSLEY, 87.0
The rookie from Clemson was all over underneath stuff Thursday night. He picked off one of his three targets and dropped another.

DI JORDAN PHILLIPS, 81.9
Seeing Jordan Phillips among the highest graded players is very encouraging after seeing him struggle through the first two seasons of his career. He had two pressures, a batted pass, and a stop on the day.

Phillips was a veteran playing against the 2's amd 3's though.

There are a lot of veterans who don't start in the NFL. Right now Phillips was a backup playing against other back ups. He also subbed in with the starters on the second series, but most of his snaps were against reserves. He hasn't played poorly in his few first string snaps in either preseason game. Miami's starters hasn't played much, but when they have and Phillips has been on the field with them he's been solid. I think we as fans are so used to the fact that once Miami gets past their starters it's mostly rookies or players who are barely NFL roster quality and we start to think that every other team is like that too. For example right now Miami is starting players like Jessie Davis on the o-line and then going to players that aren't as good as Davis for three quarters.

Last edited:
Tankersly will be a stud. I think he'll mask Lippett being hurt. He easily could have been drafted a lot higher.

Get used to that ISO of the mike. If the qb has more time on that 4th and 2 it's gonna be an easy conversion with mike hull and vs speed backs it's gonna result in rac vs cleared out carry coverage

It appears that the MILB position is a glaring weakness as I watched Hull last night. He had to put 110% into every play to even ATTEMPT to be consistent. I don't know if he can do it for 70+ snaps a game. I say 70+ snaps only because there is no one behind him that sustains even HIS level, which is average at best. I'm thinking we pick up a cut player or two after the preseason finished up.

It's a definite weakness. Teams aren't gonna be as nice in the regular season to let you just get ISO on a full back.

I like the rushing Kiko on the edge vs the tackle to ISO Harris on the guard and the power rush. But like I said you let teams ISO on mike hull and it's gonna pay off big barring immediate rush pressure forcing the ball out/qb off the spot

Of course short yardage you are gonna get caught in a lot of man if it's a pass play

I think they are waiting this week to practice and play against the Eagles. I have been thinking for years they like Mychal Kendricks at MLB and as a nickel back who can cover the middle zones. He could end up being had for a song if they are interested.

Phillips with a batted pass - certainly has a knack for that. Thanks for posting.

The second clip, that he says Harris does a good job bull rushing, I believe that's Wake and Suh on that side of the line. OK I see Harris now on the bottom of the shot, not where the circle is. Harris did get a good rush too on the play.

Look at this bullrush by Harris, our entire line collapsed the pocket in fact

Great pull by Eric Smith

Howard doing what he does

Just because...

Thanks brother I appreciate the highlights!! I am thrilled with what our Offense and Defense looked like. Maxwell had 2 FFs, Howard a pick, and Tank as well with a pick. I think Eric Smith will make the team. I didn't want a DE but man thank god I'm not the GM. Harris looks the part along with our other 2 rookie DTs that seem like they def belong. Howard looks like the shutdown corner we've been lacking for awhile. I know it's only preseason so I need to calm my excitement but I honestly think we have one of the most talented teams in the league. The play when Ajayi caught a 5 yd pass broke CJ Mosley's tackle while Jarvis was holding him up just to gain a few more yards speaks volumes of this teams will to succeed, coaching, and shows how much they care for one another. Cutler looked like he can get the job done. Sam Young ruined two beautiful plays on the same series lol I think with a little more experience and coaching Eric Smith can be the swing tackle ahead of Young. Look at little Jakeem blocking like a bada$$ lol

Back
Top Bottom