PFT: Bills fans should be nervous about losing their team to L.A.

Discussion in 'Beasts of the AFC East' started by Nublar7, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ld-be-nervous-about-losing-their-team-to-l-a/

2. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

I hope the Bills don't move.

3. Tunaphish429

Tunaphish429 1st Ballot Hall of Famer Donator

I think this will happen..

4. emeraldfin

emeraldfin Gary Speed RIP Donator

For as much as you hate them, you want to keep your rivals.

5. Tunaphish429

Agreed plus it makes it easy for me to go to a game.

6. Nublar7

If the Bills would move to Los Angeles I wonder if the NFL would realign the divisions again. The Bills would be better in the AFC West, the Dolphins really should be in the AFC South, etc.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

I think they would have to if the Bills went to LA.

8. Tunaphish429

I could see it happening...But who do they move?

The Chiefs? San Diego or Denver?

You know Oakland stays...and you dont wanna break up the rivalry between the other 3....Would be very hard to do..

9. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

They could move them to the NFC West, maybe move the Rams to the AFC South and the Colts back to the East? I don't know but there's no way they could keep an LA team in the Eastern division. They'd find some way.

10. Locke

Locke They looked like strong hands.

The entire reason the Dolphins were kept in the East was to keep the rivalry with the Jets and Bills. With the Bills completely gone, there wouldn't really be a reason to keep us in the East. I'd put Pittsburgh in the East, the Colts in the North, and us in the South. That would make a lot more sense geographically.

All that aside, I doubt they'd realign over a single team moving. A few more moves, or maybe an expansion team coming in, might be enough of a catalyst for a realignment though...

11. Nublar7

The thought seems to be they want two teams in LA. Say the Bills make the move to take one spot, I wouldn't be surprised to see the league expand to 34 teams in the next 5-10 years. Two expansion teams could be a second LA team and most likely an international team with Toronto the most likely spot.

The Dolphins should be in the South with the Jaguars, Texans and Titans. Colts would move back to the AFC East, the Bills to the West and then you have to start getting creative with moving teams back and forth between the AFC and NFC.

12. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Wort-wort-wort!!! Administrator Finheaven VIP

Someone needs to rush Al Davis into the grave then move the Raiders back to LA.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

The rivalry btw the Jets and phins is much bigger than the one btw the Bills and dolphins. they didn't keep Miami in the East b/c of the Bills.

I think Al would love to go back to LA.

14. jetsknicks1

jetsknicks1 Well-Known Member

It defly brings up alot of possibilities. If the Bills move to LA, maybe Denver to the North & Baltimore to the east? If any team is moved from one division to another, somebody's rivalry is going to have to be broken up.

15. Iroquois Joe

Iroquois Joe Starter

Who becomes the Bills, Jags or Vikings after they fold and LA or San Antonio take those two or three teams?

There is not that much seperates the profits and total revenue taken between the bottom 2/3s of the franchises after you get past Dallas, Washington, N.E and a couple of other major markets.

Buffalo was listed between San Fran and Atlanta on that list. Parity exists, for sure, in two forms, there is the top tier with the big money markets, and everybody else.

So who becomes the bottom of the barrel franchises that can't keep up with the Jones' when the league ends up with two or three power houses that win everything? Miami is a good candidate.

There will be one or two good games a week, instead of ten and it's MLB all over again.

Without revenue sharing, parity and a strong league from the bottom up, thats what you got.

Jones and Snyder can make all the money they want as far as I'm concerned, all the more power to them, but when their profits are tied to the salery cap and they are the only ones who can afford the premier rosters that bring in the Superbowls, what does the rest of the league have, the Twins and Royals competing with the Yankees and Red Sox.

16. Nublar7

Miami has the second richest owner in the NFL and so far he has had open pocket books when it comes to spending money on improving the team. How rich is Ross? Let's just say that he is worth over $1 billion more than Jerry Jones and is DOUBLE what Robert Kraft is worth. Daniel Snyder? Ross is worth three times more than him.

Keeping up with the Jones' of the league? Try keeping up with the Ross' of the league. He can buy and sell almost every owner in this league. Team income might be down, but that is mostly because of the recent struggles, you put some talented teams on the field and suddenly Miami is a high revenue team and one of those "power houses" that you mention.

17. Iroquois Joe

Iroquois Joe Starter

Good, Miami deserves to have a stable franchise with a competent owner. As does every fan base. It's a plus when the owner has the financial chops to keep his team afloat through lean times.

I guess the real debate is whether or not it is wise for the league as a whole to let teams with solid fan bases in smaller markets fail through the inability to keep pace financialy with the larger markets as far as crazy rises in roster and player contract increases go.

Or to keep some of the checks and balances through revenue sharing, cap limits and the like, which have brought the league success and allows the saviest owners through the selection of GM's, coaching, scouting dept. etc. field super bowl contenders. Or to throw what has kept the league competitve out the window, which would in turn allow someone like Dan Snyder, or even Ross to bankrole a contender, or worse, leave 10 or 12 franchises in the dust when it comes to competing for talent on the open market.

Beyond that, owners can pocket as much profit as they can. It's how that relates to the salery cap that needs to be renegotiated, imo.

There is nothing wrong with a healthy, competitive league that hasn't priced the average American family or individual out of the Stadium. Or the meaning behind the term "any given Sunday" either.

18. SpaceMountain16

SpaceMountain16 Disgruntled Donator

I hate them, but I wouldn't want to see them move. Their fans don't deserve that, they've been loyal to that p.o.s team for years. There's so many other cities that don't deserve an NFL franchise and you're thinking of taking one out of Buffalo?