PFT: Moore frustrated after depth chart (a thread for Moore haters to gather) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Moore frustrated after depth chart (a thread for Moore haters to gather)

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
Thought I'd help you gents out since most of you love him so dang much ..... LOL

Can't wait to watch the rest of the lazy beat writers make something out of nothing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ed-after-dolphins-depth-chart-lists-him-no-2/

When the Dolphins’ first depth chart of training camp listed David Garrard as the first-string quarterback, Matt Moore wasn’t happy.

Moore, however, pointed out that he still has plenty of practices and four preseason games to prove that he deserves to leapfrog Garrard and hold off first-round draft pick Ryan Tannehill and start the 2012 season where he ended the 2011 season, as the Dolphins’ starter.

“I guess it’s frustrating a bit,” Moore said of being second on the depth chart, via Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post, “but I’m not overly concerned that it’s going to wreck my performance or wreck my play from here on out.”

If getting rattled by his listing as the No. 2 quarterback does wreck his play, Moore could be in danger of not making the Dolphins’ roster at all. Moore doesn’t have the luxury of letting his frustration get him down, because he still has work to do, just to prove he belongs anywhere on the Dolphins’ depth chart.

We8NS-1.jpg

nfl source says teams are salivating over matt moore being released...omar said today that it would take a 6th rounder in trade to get it done...

I don't understand why he's frustrated when he said himself he thought he was somewhere in the middle of the pack in the QB race...and he's somewhere in the middle.

nfl source says teams are salivating over matt moore being released...omar said today that it would take a 6th rounder in trade to get it done...

I saw that also, and I agree with Omar when he says that there is no way Miami flat out cuts Moore. He has to much value for the Dolphins to just release him. A 6th round pick sounds right at the moment, but later in camp/preseason when/if some QBs start going down to injury his value will rise. A 5th or even a 4th round pick might not be out of the question. But if a team is not even willing to offer a 6th round pick, it is better for Miami to just hang onto him as a veteran backup than dump him.

As for Moore being frustrated about being #2, he should be. A true competitor never is happy being #2, he wants to start and that is how it should be. I assume Tannehill is "frustrated" being the #3. They all want to start.

the more comfortable tanny gets the further matt moore's foot gets out the door...

I don't see any reason for us to release him even if Tannehill looks great all pre-season. Nobody knows how well Garrard will hold up when the hits start coming. I'd be ok with trading Moore if we got a fair pick for him, but why cut him as cheap as he is? (not saying you are saying this)

I saw that also, and I agree with Omar when he says that there is no way Miami flat out cuts Moore. He has to much value for the Dolphins to just release him. A 6th round pick sounds right at the moment, but later in camp/preseason when/if some QBs start going down to injury his value will rise. A 5th or even a 4th round pick might not be out of the question. But if a team is not even willing to offer a 6th round pick, it is better for Miami to just hang onto him as a veteran backup than dump him.

As for Moore being frustrated about being #2, he should be. A true competitor never is happy being #2, he wants to start and that is how it should be. I assume Tannehill is "frustrated" being the #3. They all want to start.

i think you showcase moore in the early preseason games and if you can get a 6th round offer you trade him sooner than later...you wait and the more likely teams call your bluff that you won't release him...

if you somehow get a 4th by waiting pat yourself on the back...cause you pulled a rabbit out of the hat

He offers more value to Miami as insurance (injuries can come any time - eg Henne), than a 6th round draft pick.

Where did you see that about teams salivating after Moore?

Before any team gets the word fourth out of their mouth Miami better pull the trigger..."fo"...done, it's a deal...Matt Moore is your new QB. There is no way we get a fourth for Moore and if we do I'll take back all the bad things I've ever said about Jeff Ireland in my life.

I don't understand why he's frustrated when he said himself he thought he was somewhere in the middle of the pack in the QB race...and he's somewhere in the middle.

What's wrong with being frustrated? The guy wants to start in this league .... if this article were about Tannehill everyone would be like "I love this competitive spirit."

i think you showcase moore in the early preseason games and if you can get a 6th round offer you trade him sooner than later...you wait and the more likely teams call your bluff that you won't release him...

if you somehow get a 4th by waiting pat yourself on the back...cause you pulled a rabbit out of the hat
The question you have to ask, is Moore more valuable as a backup for 2012, or is having a 6th round pick in 2013 more valuable? That is a tough call, I think I would rather keep Moore.

it sounds to me like the league thought is moores getting released regardless of what might be being said in that complex...if i was an outsider and i was following things looking for a qb i'd be thinking the same thing...if a team wants to not have to compete with everyone else in free agency for moores services they'll pony up a 6th rounder...that money and cap # makes it worth it...i'd jump on it...i know its not much return but tanny being #3 on the depth chart this year makes no sense off what we are hearing...ask for a 5th but be willing to take a 6th...

as for if something happens to garrard which it probably will...i'd be playing tannehill...not thinking twice about it

Where did you see that about teams salivating after Moore?
Omar tweeted that teams are salivating at the thought that Miami might cut Moore. He goes on to say that Miami likely would not cut Moore, but if a team offered a 6th round pick, the Dolphins might do that deal.

it sounds to me like the league thought is moores getting released regardless of what might be being said in that complex...if i was an outsider and i was following things looking for a qb i'd be thinking the same thing...if a team wants to not have to compete with everyone else in free agency for moores services they'll pony up a 6th rounder...that money and cap # makes it worth it...i'd jump on it...i know its not much return but tanny being #3 on the depth chart this year makes no sense off what we are hearing...

I just don't see how Miami just cuts Moore. I would have to think there is an extremely slim chance of that ever happening. If Garrard goes down week one to a season ending injury, suddenly all you have for the rest of the season is Tannehill with no veteran backup. That is why I think a team would have to trade to get Moore, I don't see him being on the market.

Back
Top Bottom