PFT: Moore frustrated after depth chart (a thread for Moore haters to gather)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by enigmatics, Aug 7, 2012.

1. enigmatics

enigmatics Go get me a juice box!

Thought I'd help you gents out since most of you love him so dang much ..... LOL

Can't wait to watch the rest of the lazy beat writers make something out of nothing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ed-after-dolphins-depth-chart-lists-him-no-2/

[​IMG]

2. hoops

hoops exited stage left

nfl source says teams are salivating over matt moore being released...omar said today that it would take a 6th rounder in trade to get it done...

3. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

I don't understand why he's frustrated when he said himself he thought he was somewhere in the middle of the pack in the QB race...and he's somewhere in the middle.

4. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

I saw that also, and I agree with Omar when he says that there is no way Miami flat out cuts Moore. He has to much value for the Dolphins to just release him. A 6th round pick sounds right at the moment, but later in camp/preseason when/if some QBs start going down to injury his value will rise. A 5th or even a 4th round pick might not be out of the question. But if a team is not even willing to offer a 6th round pick, it is better for Miami to just hang onto him as a veteran backup than dump him.

As for Moore being frustrated about being #2, he should be. A true competitor never is happy being #2, he wants to start and that is how it should be. I assume Tannehill is "frustrated" being the #3. They all want to start.

5. hoops

hoops exited stage left

the more comfortable tanny gets the further matt moore's foot gets out the door...

6. fininpsl

fininpsl A True Fan

I don't see any reason for us to release him even if Tannehill looks great all pre-season. Nobody knows how well Garrard will hold up when the hits start coming. I'd be ok with trading Moore if we got a fair pick for him, but why cut him as cheap as he is? (not saying you are saying this)

7. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i think you showcase moore in the early preseason games and if you can get a 6th round offer you trade him sooner than later...you wait and the more likely teams call your bluff that you won't release him...

if you somehow get a 4th by waiting pat yourself on the back...cause you pulled a rabbit out of the hat

8. spiketex

spiketex Kiko, El Bravo 47 - the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

He offers more value to Miami as insurance (injuries can come any time - eg Henne), than a 6th round draft pick.

9. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

Where did you see that about teams salivating after Moore?

10. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Before any team gets the word fourth out of their mouth Miami better pull the trigger..."fo"...done, it's a deal...Matt Moore is your new QB. There is no way we get a fourth for Moore and if we do I'll take back all the bad things I've ever said about Jeff Ireland in my life.

11. enigmatics

What's wrong with being frustrated? The guy wants to start in this league .... if this article were about Tannehill everyone would be like "I love this competitive spirit."

12. Nublar7

The question you have to ask, is Moore more valuable as a backup for 2012, or is having a 6th round pick in 2013 more valuable? That is a tough call, I think I would rather keep Moore.

13. hoops

hoops exited stage left

it sounds to me like the league thought is moores getting released regardless of what might be being said in that complex...if i was an outsider and i was following things looking for a qb i'd be thinking the same thing...if a team wants to not have to compete with everyone else in free agency for moores services they'll pony up a 6th rounder...that money and cap # makes it worth it...i'd jump on it...i know its not much return but tanny being #3 on the depth chart this year makes no sense off what we are hearing...ask for a 5th but be willing to take a 6th...

as for if something happens to garrard which it probably will...i'd be playing tannehill...not thinking twice about it

14. Nublar7

Omar tweeted that teams are salivating at the thought that Miami might cut Moore. He goes on to say that Miami likely would not cut Moore, but if a team offered a 6th round pick, the Dolphins might do that deal.

15. Nublar7

I just don't see how Miami just cuts Moore. I would have to think there is an extremely slim chance of that ever happening. If Garrard goes down week one to a season ending injury, suddenly all you have for the rest of the season is Tannehill with no veteran backup. That is why I think a team would have to trade to get Moore, I don't see him being on the market.

16. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

Just to be clear the 6th rounder is just Omar speculating.

17. hoops

hoops exited stage left

its hard to say that moore will absolutely be released cause the moneys so low...if he was making good money we wouldn't have a trade market for him though...teams would definitely just wait for him to be cut and sign him on the cheap...tough call...i just don't see us carrying 3 qbs...devlin it now looks like to me is ticketed for the p squad again...seems like we might be hiding that kid...i'd go into week 1 with garrard and tannehill as my active qbs and not think twice about it...provided garrard shows he can take a hit in the preseason...if he doesn't i'd cut garrard cause if he's not healthy he's useless

18. King Dingaling

King Dingaling Well-Known Member

We should hold onto him until there is a camp injury. Why not wait until a team is desperate for a starter or a quality backup? He might also outplay Garrard in the Preseason or Garrard might get injured. I like Moore as a quality backup but that's it. He just doesn't have what it takes to be a consistent starter. You can say whatever you want about going 6-3 over the last 9 but he went 6-6 for the year. He also didn't beat a quality team and disappeared often in the 2nd half of games. I would wait till we're offered atleast a 5th that could conditionally become a 4th.

19. 1972fins

1972fins Well-Known Member

I don't think they would cut him, a trade is worth holding onto him.
    Who's to say he's not worth more than a 4th to someone in need.

20. hoops

hoops exited stage left

that's true...to me its in line though

21. Zounds

Zounds CPA4LYFE Donator

Let's just see if Garrad can make it through preseason without getting injured.....

22. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

It's different if you already know your place as Moore said, he was in the middle somewhere. I don't think frustrated should have been the word he used to describe what he feels after being named the #2...maybe motivated would have been better. Frustration leads to dissension and then to animosity...frustration indicates that he feels he should be the starter regardless of his performance or the performance of Garrard who has been outplaying him in practice so far. Moore has had good days in practice but Garrard has had more good days...the consistancy is critical for this coaching staff.

23. hoops

hoops exited stage left

for all we know they may privately view tannehill ahead of moore anyways right now...could have tanny #3 on the depth chart to try and provoke a trade for matt moore...and if that's the case you definitely trade matt moore...if he was the #3 you take what you can get while the irons hot...provided he has a trade market when you decide to make a move...

24. Show Me Your TDs

Show Me Your TDs My head's on Fire!

I would say a 5th rounder is more likely. Moore has a small contract and has shown decent starting experience. Why trade for less than a 5th. I've pointed this out before.....Thigpen was acquired for a 5th rounder after we really needed a vet backup. I would expect after the 3rd week of preseason you will see a trade or Moore stays until the trade deadline unless we have our own issues.

25. SA_BUTTA

SA_BUTTA Seasoned Veteran

All of this is just based off the first depth chart. We have not even played a preseason game yet. Who is to say the guy just doesn't flat out win the job? Even if he doesn't, I would hold on to him for insurance. Garrard is coming off back surgery, and while it has not been a concern it could be after taking some real game hits. I really don't see Tannehill beating both Garrard and Moore for the starting QB.

26. Kthurmus23

Kthurmus23 Tweet@KJoneZ13

Not only should we hold on to Moore in case another team gets an injury at QB and his value goes up, we should hold him in case we get an injury at QB. The season is still a ways off and Garrard could get hurt again. Wait until preseason is wrapping up before making any big decisions with the QB's. Who knows Moore could even win the job with a strong preseason.

27. enigmatics

Good to see some other people thinking straight in regards to all this .... especially concerning how early it is, not to mention his true value to both us and other teams.

28. rev kev

rev kev THE DEFLATOR

[​IMG]