PFT Story True: The Herald Names Names | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT Story True: The Herald Names Names

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
According to several sources within the Dolphins coaching staff, LSU assistant Derek Dooley and Dolphins defensive nickel package coach Bill Lewis spoke last week and during the conversation Dooley inquired about the talent on Miami's roster.

Dooley made it clear to Lewis he wanted to know about Miami's players because he would be coaching the Miami special teams once Saban is hired as the Dolphins head coach.

The conversation so incensed Lewis, he quickly terminated the call and promptly relayed the story to other Miami assistants before a staff meeting.

Not cool.

Dooley could not be reached for comment, but denied the incident through an LSU spokesman. A Saban source confirmed Lewis and Dooley spoke but denied Dooley projected himself as the next Dolphins special teams coach.

I don't think this is the case. But who knows.

I'm lost. Is Dooley a terrible coach or somthing? Or is this bad because the phins could get in trouble?

inFINSible said:
I'm not sure I see anything wrong with it.

It's just kind of a ****head move, ya know.

**** = the male anatomy.

Trackstar#6 said:
I'm lost. Is Dooley a terrible coach or somthing? Or is this bad because the phins could get in trouble?

Good point. I don't think the Phins could get in trouble per say. But they (Huizenga and Jones) could take a huge PR hit. After all, they are the top two figures in the franchise.

I don't think it will.

IMHO, he's sold on coming here.....much to the dismay of LSU fans.

This is the arguement I was going to make....

A Saban source confirmed Lewis and Dooley spoke but denied Dooley projected himself as the next Dolphins special teams coach.

I can't see anyone stupid enough to overtly throw it in the face of an outgoing staff and more than likely Lewis, got defensive and took a simple inquiry and turned it into an affront.

Muck said:
It's just kind of a ****head move, ya know.

**** = the male anatomy.
Yeah, it could be construed that way....It certainly lacked tact, obviously.

Wait, a PFT story was true!

OH MY GOD........it doesn't fit with the sterotype. PFT is garbage. We only believe the stories we want to believe off that site.

LOL, whatever!

inFINSible said:
This is the arguement I was going to make....

I can't see anyone stupid enough to overtly throw it in the face of an outgoing staff and more than likely Lewis, got defensive and took a simple inquiry and turned it into an affront.

I agree with you. Lewis probably felt he was using the wrong tone and misinterpreted a simple question to mean more than just that. It's also possible that Lewis is a bit more edgy that he would usually be because everyone's status is up in the air.

Back
Top Bottom