PFW: Parcells poor drafts drained Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW: Parcells poor drafts drained Dolphins

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity.
• “Is anyone going to give Bill Parcells a hard time for all the crappy picks he made in Miami? Is everyone afraid he is going to beat them up? I don’t know why it never gets addressed. He passed Matt Ryan for Jake Long and that’s fine, but what about everyone else? The cupboard is empty. It’s not just a lack of talent, though — you have to be able to work with the talent you have. I would have given up a (first-round pick) for Vontae Davis.”

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/09/09/insider-parcells-poor-drafts-drained-dolphins

But man tits is a legend? That gives him a pass on everything after he was given that distinction.

It was hilarious how ESPN speculated that once Sean Payton was hit in the bounty scandal that Parcells may be willing to fill in for the year. Can you imagine this guy trying to get the Saints to run his pre-historic offense?

I thought it was Ireland's fault? :idk:

Think the second part of that statement is pointed at Ireland:

It’s not just a lack of talent, though — you have to be able to work with the talent you have. I would have given up a (first-round pick) for Vontae Davis.”

I thought it was Ireland's fault? I think the point was not to just blame Ireland for what's happening to the team now. It's not only Ireland's fault, it's also Parcell's fault. Their both at fault. However, Ireland has had two years to turn this thing around but it looks like he's in over his head. Maybe he needs to go to somebody's scout team where he does not make the final decisions.

Ireland doesn't have an outdated philosophy. His philosophy is on-par for the league today.

Ireland should be cut off from making picks in the first 3 rounds, and should take over from 4-7 and UDFA.

He does pretty well in the later rounds.

Bess, Hartline, Matthews, Clay, Lane, Clemons, Jones, Kheeston, Donald Thomas, Derrick Shelby, Marcus Thigpen, Wake, etc.

Its the first 3 rounds that destroy him.

Ireland doesn't have an outdated philosophy. His philosophy is on-par for the league today.

Ireland should be cut off from making picks in the first 3 rounds, and should take over from 4-7 and UDFA.

Bess, Hartline, Matthews, Clay, Lane, Clemons, Jones, Kheeston, Donald Thomas, Derrick Shelby, Marcus Thigpen, Wake, etc.

We got Wake from the CFL.

Donald Thomas was a good pick? Since when?

Back
Top Bottom