PFW: Parcells poor drafts drained Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW: Parcells poor drafts drained Dolphins

Stick around. Unless he goes 19-0 and is super bowl MVP, the clowns will be in full force calling him an average qb and how lucky we are we didnt draft him.

So true. I wish we had their success, and the funny thing is that they were in the same situation as us and they turned it around in one season and kept winning. We had one fluke season, and 3 losing seasons after.

So true. I wish we had their success, and the funny thing is that they were in the same situation as us and they turned it around in one season and kept winning. We had one fluke season, and 3 losing seasons after.

The thing that makes me chuckle is when people say that us fans couldn't do any better and that we aren't experts. While the expert part may be true, here is a list of players many, and I mean many, fans were hoping we select at the time of selection. Matt Ryan, earl Thomas, gronk, jimmy graham, Alshon Jeffrey, Stephen hill, jpp So yeah. I honestly believe a great many of people here could of done a superior job of drafting than Jeff Ireland.

The thing that makes me chuckle is when people say that us fans couldn't do any better and that we aren't experts. While the expert part may be true, here is a list of players many, and I mean many, fans were hoping we select at the time of selection. Matt Ryan, earl Thomas, gronk, jimmy graham, Alshon Jeffrey, Stephen hill, jpp So yeah. I honestly believe a great many of people here could of done a superior job of drafting than Jeff Ireland.

Ireland would also never trade up to get a play maker at WR like they did for Julio Jones. Seems like a successful move for the Falcons.

i wouldn't want to be the front office guy that gives up a first round pick and thinks he can "work with" vontae "i wanna call my grandma" davis. or the colts for that matter. the lights may be on, but there is definitely nobody at home.

Did anything Parcells showed here suggest that he gave a damn enough to put the effort in to have input on a full draft? Ireland held his title for a reason. Besides half-assed edicts from on high like Long over Ryan and Pat White, I don't think Parcells had much to do with any of the drafts.

It's a ridiculous situation when fan consensus would have provided us with more successful drafts than what the professionals came up with.

The article made the point that they are both to blame.
He only repeats parts of articles that fit his agenda. He's a Sparano, Ireland supporter. He's the guy who said Sparano would be coaching the team in 2012. Enough said.

Parcells being responsible for drafts is a myth that defies any logic - a myth that Ireland spread around the local hacks to keep himself in a job and a myth that a lot of people continue to swallow

There's been no difference in drafting since Parcells left the building

It’s not just a lack of talent, though — you have to be able to work with the talent you have. I would have given up a (first-round pick) for Vontae Davis.”

This is where it becomes ireland's fault.....

It's amazing how people see what they want to see. Now it's Ireland who couldn't work with Davis??? And that stuff about giving up a 1st for Davis, I don't buy it. I think Ireland got the most he could get for him.

I mean, there's stuff we can criticize about Ireland, but when conversations start going "How about those tipped interceptions yesterday?" " Yeah, man it's Ireland's fault!". Then it's gone too far.

Drafting has been terrible, you tell me who is in charge there. Only the boardroom knows for sure. Did Parcell's state what he though and Ireland followed suit to "pad his tenure". Who knows. But we do know teams don't have to take this long to turn around. Miami is currently a joke. Sad but true.

I love blaming people. It feels good to point fingers.
We should blame ourselves for the poor drafts...? What's wrong with holding people responsible for the things they're responsible for?

There in no GM in the NFL that would have given a 1st for Vontae.

There in no GM in the NFL that would have given a 1st for Vontae.

Agreed. This guy feeding quotes tp PFW is full of it. Saying Vontae is worth a first round pick completely discredits him .

Back
Top Bottom