Philbin not a fan of Jennings? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbin not a fan of Jennings?

13Dolfan87

Scout Team
Reaction score
Saw Peter King retweet this just a few minutes ago. Never heard this before. Interesting...

Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn Things can always change, but I've been told that #Dolphins' Joe Philbin isn't a huge fan of Greg Jennings as a player. Needs a WR but ...

McGinn covers the Packers

I would find this strange. Jennings was always a productive player for Joe.

Anything is possible I suppose

Well he knows the player best, if he doesn't want him he doesn't want him...............remember Flynn.

I can't believe any of these speculations, good or bad, at this time. It's all about mis-direction and hopefully not driving up the demand and thus the cost of these players. If this has any truth, it is my speculation that it could be age related, since he would not be a long term answer.

yeah its about misdirection right now but why would a packers writer say it...I could understand if one of our writers said it (hey leak this story)...

Don't believe this at all. Jennings played for Philbin for a few years. He said during mulyiple interviews that he would love to be reunited with Philbin. I would have to think if Philbin was not high on Jennings, he would have sensed that. How can you not like the guy as a WR? Something doesn't make sense there.

i think this was the guy who reported that "unnamed scouts" said RG3 was all hype last year, and that Bjoern Werner wasn't a special player this year. who knows what his angle is?

Jennings wants to be united with Steve Ross's checkbook.

If this is true, Mike Wallace is the only real "splash" type player available in free agency at the WR position. Sounding more and more like the WR position will be addressed in the draft, not free agency.

First impression is that this doesn't sound like something a Packer's writer would pull out of thin air. Could be a reach, or over-interpretation, but has to have some sort of causation...

I just read an interesting article by Bob McGinn outlining the Packers draft. It was one of the most interesting and down right honest articles I've ever read concerning the draft. He has a lot of quotes from GM's and Scouts from around the league in his evaluations of all the players covered in the article. He NEVER said Werner, "Wasn't Special", it was a quote from someone in the League who covers the draft. As far as Jennings goes, it's quite possible Philbin isn't as high on Jennings as some of us would like to believe. Case in point, all the talk of Matt Flynn, coming to the Dolphins last off season. We shall see very soon.

Regardless where this "report" came out of, it is highly suspicious that it is reported right now before FA. There's always a reason these types of things magically appear this time of year. I put zero stock in it. Doesn't mean Philbin does or does not want Jennings here or not, just that I doubt he'd share his interest with anyone that would leak it to the press.

Back
Top Bottom