Philbin not a fan of Jennings? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbin not a fan of Jennings?

don't totally buy it. I could see Philbin and Ireland not wanting to give big bucks whose missed significant time the last 2 seasons and has only played 16 games 3 times in his career. But that's it

First impression is that this doesn't sound like something a Packer's writer would pull out of thin air. Could be a reach, or over-interpretation, but has to have some sort of causation...
The people involved know if they are fans of each other, so it would serve little purpose to state an untruth. It would have little impact on financial talks so to speak.

Going to be a beautiful thing watching Tannehill throw to another awful WR corps. One without Brian Hartline and a bunch of unproven rookies? Goodbye Ireland.

Joe Philbin better pray we promote Gaines or sign another GB reject. It won't be long....

You could be very cynical and say its all part of a complicated way to try and push down the market for Jennings. Leak info the Dolphons supposedly want Wallace, further leak (through a friend in the Packers media) that a longterm coach of Jennings who needs a WR doesnt rate him... then the second free agency opens go hard for Jennings.

I do think our supposed interest in Wallace is a bit if a smokescreen. Hopefully for Jennings.

If this is true, Mike Wallace is the only real "splash" type player available in free agency at the WR position. Sounding more and more like the WR position will be addressed in the draft, not free agency.

Mike Wallace isn't a "splash" HE IS A BLACK HOLE. If he becomes a Dolphin for his 12-14 mil a year he will drag this team to hell.

Philbin wants to build through the draft...its that simple.

We have what 9 picks? We're building through the draft regardless of what is done through FA. Considering we have a ton of cap room and have to use a majority of it, Miami won't be quiet in FA.

Bowe, Austin, Jennings, Welker, Wallace, Miami will land one of them. No doubt in my mind.

How much is Stephen Ross playing a role in this, I think Ross really pushed for Tannehill, I think Ross wants Wallace more than Philbin and Ireland. Ross should just let the football guys do their thing. Im just speculating

How much is Stephen Ross playing a role in this, I think Ross really pushed for Tannehill, I think Ross wants Wallace more than Philbin and Ireland. Ross should just let the football guys do their thing. Im just speculating

Nah, the beat reporters etc. have never found a sniff of evidance of Ross interfering. He really does seem to leave Ireland etc to it.

It must be all Ross, why would Ireland and Philbin won't an explosive playmaker who's only 26 years of age. It just doesn't make sense.

/sarcasm

We have what 9 picks? We're building through the draft regardless of what is done through FA. Considering we have a ton of cap room and have to use a majority of it, Miami won't be quiet in FA.

Bowe, Austin, Jennings, Welker, Wallace, Miami will land one of them. No doubt in my mind.

Naw we would be better off getting lineman & T/E in F/A, and get our W/r in the draft.............

Naw we would be better off getting lineman & T/E in F/A, and get our W/r in the draft.............

When was the last time we drafted a WR and he made an immediate impact? I think it's time to resign Camarillo.

I'm sure Philbin hated all 53 tds Jennings scored at Green Bay
and I'm sure he hated the 3-1000+ yards receiving seasons as well as the 2-900+ yards receiving seasons

yesterday the packers were considering tagging Jennings to try & force a team to trade for him. now today Philbin is not a fan of one of the most productive recievers he has ever coached? .... not a coincidence people. this is clearly gamesmanship

Back
Top Bottom