Phillip Wheeler is underrated | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phillip Wheeler is underrated

PrOpAiN

It is what it is...
Club Member
Reaction score
I know I'm gonna get killed for this, but I really believe Phillip Wheeler is underrated and a lot of fans take him for granted.

Bends at hips and has good hip fluidity

Underrated instincts

Great work ethic

Tight space burst

Has potential to make big plays with very good speed

Plays faster than given credit for

good at rushing the QB, but wasn't utilized correctly

Tackling is not as bad as some make out, he just has some technique issues which are teachable

Good in pass coverage

Now these are all my opinions, but I know other people out there share the same feelings and are afraid of the backlash.

Have at it, but if you agree add some more traits you feel Phillip Wheeler has that makes him underrated.

I think he s slightly overpayed but if used correctly, I think he has potential to net a pretty good season... But Coyle has to use his strengths, he s just wasting him right now...

From what I've seen his instincts are terrible and he misses making way too many plays that he should make. Jmo.

Last year was his first year in a new system, he will be much improved this year with another off season of chemistry.

I think he sucks every bit as much as advertised, frankly. He definitely has athletic gifts but he doesn't appear to have a clue how to utilize them. I don't see how his instincts can be underrated when they seem to be just about non-existent. He is constantly out of place or late getting to the ball. Phillip "Day Late and Dollar Short" Wheeler, imo. I wish Zach Thomas had been blessed with Wheeler's physical gifts.

I know I'm gonna get killed for this, but I really believe Phillip Wheeler is underrated and a lot of fans take him for granted.

I had to give you a thumbs up because you have some balls sir

PS - Wheeler blows

I think he sucks every bit as much as advertised, frankly. He definitely has athletic gifts but he doesn't appear to have a clue how to utilize them. I don't see how his instincts can be underrated when they seem to be just about non-existent. He is constantly out of place or late getting to the ball. Phillip "Day Late and Dollar Short" Wheeler, imo. I wish Zach Thomas had been blessed with Wheeler's physical gifts.
well all our LBs suck, at some point how much does the coaching staff shares responsibility?

Comical. Wheeler had a free run on the QB last week and jumped at a pump fake. He stinks even when he has nobody blocking him

Seeing is believing. He's not playing on his 3rd team for no reason.

He puts himself in position he just needs to execute better, a little work on technique and discipline and he blows things up!

He cant tackle worth **** and takes horrible angles, 2 very important traits to being an NFL LB. Other than that, ya hes ok. SMH

Back
Top Bottom