Phins cap savings by J.Clayton | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins cap savings by J.Clayton

4THand10

Active Roster
Reaction score
Here is the list of money the dolphins have saved for this years salary cap by John Clayton.It only shows the players released so far.

Miami Dolphins

Player Cap number 2004 savings

OL Mark Dixon $933,333 $466,666
QB Brian Griese $6.97 million $6.4 million
S Brock Marion $2.65 million $1 million
WR James McKnight $2.16 million $1.44 million
S Trent Gamble $585,000 $485,000
G Todd Perry $1.75 million $1.15 million
C Tim Ruddy $3.8 million $2.7 million

I think you need to check your figures clump.

Your page mentioning the dolphins salarys and the saving for a player to be cut before June 1st and after are wrong.

1 example: You got Grau's salary as $380,000.And if we cut him before June 1st we would take a $380,000 cap hit.This is so wrong.Grau has no bonus money or garuntee money.
The savings would $380,000 as John Clayton reports.The Dolphins have not paid 1$ for Graus 2004 salary yet.

As far as your 52 player theroy your wrong also.The cap works by the 52 highest salarys on the current roster.If a player gets cut who has cap hit, it will apply to the cap.Thus eliminating this persons salary but not the cap hitThen the player with the 53 highest salary moves up to the 52nd spot.

Also your cap savings for some of the players are also wrong to.

Another thing that affects the players cap and savings is special bonuses such as off seaon attendance bonuses.And this you don't have the inside info to this.

Alot of your info is misleading.
Sorry but I will beleive John Clayton who has all the inside information that you don't have.

top 51. If someone in the top 51 is released, then the 52nd highest enters the top 51

His salary is $380,000. His cap hit while on the roster is $380,000. When released his cap savings is $75,000 because the 52nd highest cap hit is $305,000. You are reading the chart wrong

Off-season attendance information is not commonly released, thus I cannot include this. Besides, that amount is trival when compared to the overall cap numbers. If I had access to that then I would include the hundreds of dollars that it counts on the cap.

If you find errors, then by all means, please post what you believe to be correct. Don't say they are wrong, prove it!

Page 99

(a) Paragraph 5.

(i) The highest applicable Salary set forth in Paragraph 5 of the NFL Player Contract shall be included in Team Salary in the year earned, except that, between March 1 and the first day of the regular playing season, only the following amounts from Paragraph 5 shall be included for players whose Player Contracts are not among the Team’s 51 highest valued Player Contracts, tenders and Offer Sheets (as determined under this Section 7)

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Page 99

(a) Paragraph 5.

(i) The highest applicable Salary set forth in Paragraph 5 of the NFL Player Contract shall be included in Team Salary in the year earned, except that, between March 1 and the first day of the regular playing season, only the following amounts from Paragraph 5 shall be included for players whose Player Contracts are not among the Team’s 51 highest valued Player Contracts, tenders and Offer Sheets (as determined under this Section 7)

Contract language. Contract language. No doubt about the number 51 or 52 now. :horsey:

Originally posted by 4THand10

Alot of your info is misleading.
Sorry but I will beleive John Clayton who has all the inside information that you don't have.

John Clayton's salary cap information for all 32 teams is great reference information. But you don't seem to appreciate that it is of no use to analyze or understand an individual players' or a particular position's situation. How would you ever know if a team is spending too much for offense or defense??? How would you know if a team is spending too much or has a steal of a deal with any particular player???

Another point you don't seem to understand is that when you are talking about Millions of dollars, Thousands of dollars are insignificant. When talking about Thousands of dollars, Hundreds of dollars are insignificant. This is usually the case when talking about players' individual salaries.

Something else you fail to realize is that we use Clayton's and all the other insiders' information when it makes sense.

I didn't go anywhere clump.

I am waiting for you to update your salary structure page.Its a little out dated.

We're waiting until more figures become available and more moves to be finalized (Madison) before we do another update.

Back
Top Bottom