Phins Cap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins Cap

Dont know for sure, but by doing a little math you can probably get an idea. Chambers is to receive 6.9mil in 2004, 5.5mil of which is up front signing bonus. So, my guess is that his base salary is 1.4mil. The 5.5mil signing bonus is applied to the cap over the duration of the contract, so it counts only 1.1mil in 2004. 1.1+1.4=2.5mil against this year's cap. Before the extention, we were about 10.4million under the cap. Subtract 2.05million (chambers new cap number minus the 450k we was going to count) and that should leave us about 8.35million under. This is only a ballpark number of course. The actual number could change depending on any incentives in the deal that would be deemed likely to be earned.

You forgot the rookies numbers taken off that 10.4

PhinsmissedFG said:
You forgot the rookies numbers taken off that 10.4
Yep, you're right, I sure did. Thats a little more difficult because I dont know how much of Carey's 6.3million for 2004 is signing bonus. But since the total contract is only 8.3million over 5 years then a guesstimate would be that he will have the minimum rookie salary ($230K) and the rest of his 6.3mil is bonus. Which would put his cap number somewhere around 1.4-1.5 million for this season. That from the 8.35 we had left after Chambers' extention leaves around 6.85mil under the cap.

Back
Top Bottom