Phins Misdirection With Harris Before The Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins Misdirection With Harris Before The Draft

FinJay614

Active Roster
Reaction score
I love this. Grier and Tannenbaum knew that other teams keep an eye on who visits which teams. Knowing that Harris was high on their board, they chose not to bring him in to make others think he wasn't a target.
[h=2]Misdirection in Miami[/h]Defensive end Charles Harris remembers his disappointment last month when the Miami Dolphins cancelled a pre-draft visit to South Florida without explanation.
“I was like, ‘Man, that’s messed up,’” Harris said.
The former University of Missouri standout thought he had a great meeting with the Dolphins at the combine in February. However, the team didn’t request a personal workout and then Harris’ visit to its facility was terminated, which created doubt. But those questions were erased when Miami selected Harris with the No. 22 pick. The Dolphins purposely went silent with Harris two months before the draft.
“Everyone is tracking visits and all this stuff. Last year, we selected a bunch of players that we had in here” for one of the 30 allowed pre-draft visits, Grier said. “Teams track that stuff and I know it is your job [in the media] to do that, and that is fine. It’s just there are some players that we purposely try and stay away from once we are comfortable with the player, his character and what type of kid we are getting. We just do not feel the need to spend any more time with them.”
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/237355/nfl-draft-deception-the-art-of-the-smoke-screen

Tricky tricky

I like it. This is gonna make this harder for us fans in the future

I will remember this come next year when everyone is trying to figure out who our pick is. It is probably one of the other 900 that we didn't visit the pro day of or have to the facilities, haha!

Everyday this FO seems to make me even more a believer.

These guys are different.

I truly think Gase is destined for greatness along with the genius name Chris Grier.

Tricky tricky

I like it. This is gonna make this harder for us fans in the future

We now realize that Grier can be pretty tricky. I recall an interview he gave about a month ago where he let it slip that he learned a lot from last year by inviting the players down for interviews. He even went so far as explaining how Xavien Howard did pretty poorly in the Indianapolis short interview, so they invited him back down to Miami so he and the coaches could get to know him better. Grier explained that it went so well with Xavien that he ended up drafting him. Net effect - I fell for it and thought that the days of subterfuge were over and the players invited down were the players we were seriously interested in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I buy this up to a point. Why then give Armando our top target list to publish before the draft? If you're going to be secretive do it right. I doubt the cancelling of the workout fooled anyone.

I'd rather they research the players than play stupid kids games.

I bet you're fun at parties.

2791950-7736198272-39276.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I like it but doesn't this kind of show their cards for next years draft?
ehhh.... I guess it makes us harder to figure out... I like it.

If the weren't doing this then they should have been fired. Who the hell would be stupid enough to say who they were going to draft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like it but doesn't this kind of show their cards for next years draft?
ehhh.... I guess it makes us harder to figure out... I like it.

You're totally right... The Dolphins are picking one of the 870 other guys they didn't bring in for visit!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom