Phins to meet with Baker | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins to meet with Baker

I hope some of you have plenty of cigarettes after this mental masturbation​

So are you going to make a thread for every single prospect we meet with?

We meet with tons of dudes every year, as truth showed, but that doesn’t fit your agenda, so it’s “fake news”

Someone needs to revoke thread starting ability

The quote on Gase is, "I see him as our starting QB"
That, to me, says: "I expect him to start. But...."
I'll tell you what- Shula drafted Marino the year after David Woodley took the team to the Super Bowl. Shula said he should have started Marino Day 1 of his rookie season, but the press would have run him out of town if he(Shula) had benched the Super Bowl QB right out of the gate- But Shula knew he had an upgrade sitting there, looking him in the eye at #27 on Draft Day 1983. If Mayfield slips (and who knows what will happen) don't be surprised if we pounce. I'm not vehemently pro-Mayfield or anti-Tannehill, but the big thing for me is Tannehill's age coming off an injury, plus he hasn't played in like 22 games or something. If Gase wants to re-boot this team, drafting Mayfield is the way to do it. Get a couple o-lineman, a TE, another RB, load the offense and then worry about the defense. If they are going to invest in a QB, give him every chance to be protected and successful to start. To ultimately win in this league you need to score tons of points. The O is where it's at.

Draft a QB every year like the Packers used to under Ron Wolf. At the very least, you develop a guy you can spin off for some high draft picks to a QB needy (and desperate team) like the Falcons did with Schaub and the Packers used to do with guys they'd develop. At best, you've got a guy you're set with for a decade.

It's a win-win. I'm not necessarily sold on Mayfield, but, I'm not the guy calling the shots, either.

Mayfield’s interviews will be important based off the noise around him about character concerns. As far as he goes as a prospect on the field I really don’t know. The glaring issue is size. Brees and Wilson have succeeded at a similar size but they had elite traits to make up for it. For instance Brees was hyper accurate. I don’t really see elite traits like that in Baker.
That said there are posters who know a lot more about the draft than me who like him so he may end up being really good.

Oh well, if they're meeting him for dinner, then they're DEFINITELY drafting him. And this 100% proves @Tannchise agenda about Tannehill. Because NFL teams never ever perform smokescreens. Or if they sign a player it 100% means they don't believe in any other players they have in that position.

i can care less who qb is as long as we are winning. a game manager is not going work in Miami. that why jets bills and dolphins are playing for second to last place every yr in afc east.

Ok let's trade him and do this...

Your score is: 20276 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 11: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 2 Pick 10: Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia (A+)
Round 3 Pick 9: Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina (A)
Round 4 Pick 11: Frank Ragnow, C/OG, Arkansas (A+)
Round 4 Pick 30: Jaylen Samuels, RB/WR, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 9: B.J. Hill, DT, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 5: Isaiah Prince, OT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 11: Fred Warner, OLB, Brigham Young (A+)

I'm all ears - I don't know squat about the guy but if you guys say he's good, and he seems enthusiastic about coming here, it's time to have plan B in place at the very least. Best case scenario we get a guy like this and Tannehill makes everyone look dumb by rendering the pick completely unnecessary.

Plan B is smart but if you think any rookie will be starting over Tannehill at beginning of season barring injury then you are in for some major disappointment.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eting-with-baker-mayfield-before-his-pro-day/

let's see what the pro-Tannehill fans have to say about this. Didn't Gase say they were set at qb?
Gonna be (as predicted) a diff offseason

He will not be taken in the 1st round, he might be taken in the 2nd if he happens for some reason to fall, an if he is there in the 3rd by some rediculous chance, I have no doubt Gase yells hard he wants him....Miami is/will be in the market for a backup.

Back
Top Bottom