Photo shows matthews feet were clearly down. Stadium refused to show replay.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phinatic1399, Oct 28, 2013.

1. phinatic1399

phinatic1399 Diehard Phinatic!

Both feet down & this was huge turning point in game it was 3rd & long mid 4th qrt down 20-17 this completion put us in patriots territory but the stadium never showed any more angles. Plays like this are reviewed 99% of the time.

Attached Files:

2. wallace17

wallace17 Active Member

Quick get this to the NFL's front office maybe they'll award us a win.

3. AEGBRG

AEGBRG 9th Season Coming Soon

Is it still too late for Philbin to challenge?

4. normaldude

normaldude Starter

Philbin should have thrown the red flag

5. SabanHater

SabanHater ***** in the House!

too close not to challenge that.

6. natetherock

natetherock Well-Known Member

I was surprised there was no challenge. There was plenty of time between plays for the guys upstairs to have a look. Someone must have missed what is clearly shown in the picture above and sent word that it wasn't worth the challenge.

Honestly, I initially thought it was not a catch because they only replayed it once or twice and didn't really show good angles. I was perfectly fine with the decision until everyone on here decided to post pictures make me feel worse lol

7. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

the refs ****ing blow beyond blow in the nfl.

however, that call, i cant blame that, as when u have to make a call in live action that quick, it could have gone either way.

miami should have challenged that play. they had all the momentum going, and that completion could have maybe given it to us back.

it was a bad job not to challenge by philbin.

the refs need to make better calls on many things, but these things happen so fast and can go either way in game time speed.

8. hoops

hoops exited stage left

the only angle philbin got was the one we got on tv and you couldn't see it enough to challenge it...pats even have the replays they show on the jumbo trons in their favor...

i don't blame philbin for not challenging the play given we would have lost a timeout and the guys in the booth never got a good look...

9. jvw

jvw Starter

He should have thrown the flag regardless......that was a big point in the game, we were losing momentum, the D couldn't get off the field.....yes it would have cost us a time out if he lost but at least the D would have had a couple of more minutes to suck it up and hopefully and stop there momentum....Philbin has to realize you don't have to win every challenge....I was screaming for the flag

10. mnphinfan

mnphinfan Lifelong Fin Fan

What I want to know is this. For Miami, who is the person in charge of reviewing the footage in the booth? Why does this person still have a job?

P.S. Dammit, between all the people in my office saying how the Fins got screwed (nationally televised in Minnesota this week) and the replay pics from today I am in an even worse mood today than yesterday.

11. iambanned

iambanned Banned Hammered

Yeah, isn't that the whole point of replay? To slow the action down to a craw and get really good looks to see what really happened? Why have the flag in your pocket, Philbin?

Philbin really seems like he won't fight for his team. This is the 3rd time this season where I really felt like Philbin should've thrown the challenge flag and he didn't.

12. Fintastic2124

Fintastic2124 A True Fan

Complete chicken **** no challenge on philbin a part. What would it of hurt?

13. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

Even though the stadium didnt show the replay, doesnt Sherman have that ability in the booth on a separate monitor!? I dont see how the booths wouldnt be equiped with monitors that record the game thus gving them the ability to review the plays themselves. If I can do it on my DVR from, one would think the coaches could at the game.

14. hoops

hoops exited stage left

we just got screwed so bad in that game...i mean call after call after call...nauseating...infuriating...bs

15. Spiff

Spiff Starter Finheaven VIP

Yeah, I agree that it all happens so fast it's very hard to make these decisions but it seems that the refs give some teams and/or players the benefit of the doubt and some are always at the wrong end of the calls. For example, that incomplete pass to Wes Welker in - I think - the 2nd game this year which was called a catch or Roddy White's "catch" on 3rd down against us where, when he gets up, the ball is lying on the ground and the refs rule it a complete pass nonetheless. We never seem to get the benefit of the doubt, this is what irritates me.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

still photo is nice but did he maintain complete possession when he hit the ground? did the ball move at all? a still photo can only show so much, there's much more to this play. It may have been a catch but we cannot determine that based solely on this photo.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

no excuse for blowing that lead and the fumble call was the correct call. bad luck for you guys but the correct call.

17. Rhoadsy13

Rhoadsy13 Starter

It wasn't that foot that it showed it was the back foot that it didn't show if it was down before he went out. Plus 2 officials were there on the line & both called it out. I don't blame Philbin yes in hindsight it may have been good to use but there wasn't clear evidence & it didn't show the back foot.

18. TannehillRules

TannehillRules Banned Hammered

philbin's fault

19. Drfletcherdc

Drfletcherdc A True Fan

Philbin should have walked right up to the ref with a little weight in the flag and threw it right at his balls.

20. hoops

hoops exited stage left

you got an official on the backside of that play and one on the front side of that play...the front side guy can't see the 2nd foot but the back side sure can...and no that ball did not move when he went to ground...he had that catch all the way

worse the pats only show the replay that doesn't show the other foot i'm pretty sure what tv gets is what the booth gets as far as replay is concerned and so we got no angle from cbs on the 2nd foot...

21. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

o, no disagreement here man.

we get ****ed every game at the worst possible times.

the refs blow a ton of calls, and unfortunately they are never held accountable for it, but a play like the matthews one, they can call that either way in game time speed.

what pisses me off is not a call like that as much, but rather a call like the one that gifted the pats 3 pts before the end of the half when they should have punted.

22. Kencoboy

Kencoboy Starter

Couldn't say it any better myself. When I saw the play I was yelling challenge before the replay. At that point in time it was worth a try and yet another turning point in the game ignored by Philbin that may have swung in our favor. There is no earthly reason not to challenge that play at that point in the game if you're a head coach in the NFL getting hosed by the refs and still have a chance to win. I'm having severe doubts about Philbin's ability to understand the ebb and flow of a 60 minute NFL game.

23. dolpns13

That was the part of the replay the DID show and yes, he controlled the ball all the way to the ground and got up with it. It was a catch.

24. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

He would have lost, because it was very obvious the Ref knew what they were doing.

They would have gone through the motions of looking at the video, then probably come back with, "Because the Video was inconclusive, the call on the field stands"....Miami would have been in the same boat, minus a TO.

25. AquaInferno

AquaInferno Pro Bowler Donator

Well the left foot was on the edge and the right foot had to be somewhere. Even though you couldn't see it in the angle take a chance assume it's in and in this case be proven right.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

26. dolpns13

Haha.. Holy cow I laughed hard at this one

27. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

at no point did the ball move as he hit the ground? if so it was a catch. what was the game situation of the play?

28. hammersmithlad

hammersmithlad Rookie

Philbin doesn't have the balls to do this.

Currently, my opinion of him is still a co-ordinator and not a head coach. Good coaches surround themselves with good people - I don't see that with Philbin.

Regardless of a challenge, the team collapsed 2nd half and someone needs to take responsibility.

29. dolpns13

Dude, the ball didnt move, he controlled it. Up until I saw this picture I was saying it was a no catch only because he didnt get his right foot in bounds. The this picture surfaced and eliminated any doubt that it was a catch. Not like it matters at this point, we'll be lucky to win another game all season, but for arguments sake it was definitely a catch (after seeing this photo).

30. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

The picture only shows you so much, did he have complete control w/ both feet in bounds? can't tell from the pic. It sounds like it was a catch but I'd like to see some real evidence. if someone has a clip please post.

31. dolpns13

I watched the game. My eyes in combination with this picture makes it a clean catch. Also clearly he controlled the ball as that hasnt come up once in this thread - and that is being completely unbiased as well. I dont know how to post videos on the site otherwise I would.

32. canadian finfan

canadian finfan Rookie

but he changled an obvious INT!?

33. Atila

Atila Atila - the freshmaker. Finheaven VIP

I don't blame Philbin - I blame the people upstairs who told him it wasn't worth the challenge.

How do we get this angle but they don't? From what I saw on TV, it looked like the right choice not to challenge, but if someone is able to get this still, so should the people upstairs - and we should have challenged.

**** like this is the worst.

34. KTDolphins

KTDolphins You have made me angry very angry indeed

This is the play where I lost it. No excuse for not challenging that.

35. KTDolphins

KTDolphins You have made me angry very angry indeed

I watched the game in standard definition and could still tell it was in. Even my GF was like "WTH"

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

There is INCHES between his back foot and out-of-bounds, but they had no problem calling the questionable interception good.

36. CallMeDaddy

CallMeDaddy CMD Finheaven VIP

Philbin didn't challenge the NE interception, all turnovers are automatically reviewed.

Come on now.

37. Fins_of_Fury

Fins_of_Fury In a contract year

Junc....your team lost by 40....somehow that makes me feel better about this game.

38. hoops

hoops exited stage left

on replay they cant assume anything...they have to have evidence...you won't get an overturned call off an assumption

39. Phinfan

Phinfan Dolphins Newest Fan Baby James!

Unfortunately the play was called incomplete on the field. There is no way it was going to be overturned using the video replay shown. You cannot see if his right foot came down inbounds. Philbin had the flag in his hand and the TV only showed 1 replay. I dont think they have access to different angles or footage from the networks.

40. Keonxl

Keonxl Well-Known Member

I was shocked he didn't. I have seen him throw the flag for way less obvious reasons without hesitation.