Photo shows matthews feet were clearly down. Stadium refused to show replay. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Photo shows matthews feet were clearly down. Stadium refused to show replay.

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
Both feet down & this was huge turning point in game it was 3rd & long mid 4th qrt down 20-17 this completion put us in patriots territory but the stadium never showed any more angles. Plays like this are reviewed 99% of the time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 1,381
Quick get this to the NFL's front office maybe they'll award us a win.

I was surprised there was no challenge. There was plenty of time between plays for the guys upstairs to have a look. Someone must have missed what is clearly shown in the picture above and sent word that it wasn't worth the challenge.

Honestly, I initially thought it was not a catch because they only replayed it once or twice and didn't really show good angles. I was perfectly fine with the decision until everyone on here decided to post pictures make me feel worse lol

the refs ****ing blow beyond blow in the nfl.

however, that call, i cant blame that, as when u have to make a call in live action that quick, it could have gone either way.

miami should have challenged that play. they had all the momentum going, and that completion could have maybe given it to us back.

it was a bad job not to challenge by philbin.

the refs need to make better calls on many things, but these things happen so fast and can go either way in game time speed.

the only angle philbin got was the one we got on tv and you couldn't see it enough to challenge it...pats even have the replays they show on the jumbo trons in their favor...

i don't blame philbin for not challenging the play given we would have lost a timeout and the guys in the booth never got a good look...

He should have thrown the flag regardless......that was a big point in the game, we were losing momentum, the D couldn't get off the field.....yes it would have cost us a time out if he lost but at least the D would have had a couple of more minutes to suck it up and hopefully and stop there momentum....Philbin has to realize you don't have to win every challenge....I was screaming for the flag

What I want to know is this. For Miami, who is the person in charge of reviewing the footage in the booth? Why does this person still have a job?

P.S. Dammit, between all the people in my office saying how the Fins got screwed (nationally televised in Minnesota this week) and the replay pics from today I am in an even worse mood today than yesterday.

Yeah, isn't that the whole point of replay? To slow the action down to a craw and get really good looks to see what really happened? Why have the flag in your pocket, Philbin?

Philbin really seems like he won't fight for his team. This is the 3rd time this season where I really felt like Philbin should've thrown the challenge flag and he didn't.

Complete chicken **** no challenge on philbin a part. What would it of hurt?

Even though the stadium didnt show the replay, doesnt Sherman have that ability in the booth on a separate monitor!? I dont see how the booths wouldnt be equiped with monitors that record the game thus gving them the ability to review the plays themselves. If I can do it on my DVR from, one would think the coaches could at the game.

we just got screwed so bad in that game...i mean call after call after call...nauseating...infuriating...bs

the refs ****ing blow beyond blow in the nfl.

however, that call, i cant blame that, as when u have to make a call in live action that quick, it could have gone either way.

miami should have challenged that play. they had all the momentum going, and that completion could have maybe given it to us back.

it was a bad job not to challenge by philbin.

the refs need to make better calls on many things, but these things happen so fast and can go either way in game time speed.
Yeah, I agree that it all happens so fast it's very hard to make these decisions but it seems that the refs give some teams and/or players the benefit of the doubt and some are always at the wrong end of the calls. For example, that incomplete pass to Wes Welker in - I think - the 2nd game this year which was called a catch or Roddy White's "catch" on 3rd down against us where, when he gets up, the ball is lying on the ground and the refs rule it a complete pass nonetheless. We never seem to get the benefit of the doubt, this is what irritates me.

Back
Top Bottom