Photo shows matthews feet were clearly down. Stadium refused to show replay. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Photo shows matthews feet were clearly down. Stadium refused to show replay.

still photo is nice but did he maintain complete possession when he hit the ground? did the ball move at all? a still photo can only show so much, there's much more to this play. It may have been a catch but we cannot determine that based solely on this photo.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

we just got screwed so bad in that game...i mean call after call after call...nauseating...infuriating...bs

no excuse for blowing that lead and the fumble call was the correct call. bad luck for you guys but the correct call.

It wasn't that foot that it showed it was the back foot that it didn't show if it was down before he went out. Plus 2 officials were there on the line & both called it out. I don't blame Philbin yes in hindsight it may have been good to use but there wasn't clear evidence & it didn't show the back foot.

Philbin should have walked right up to the ref with a little weight in the flag and threw it right at his balls.

you got an official on the backside of that play and one on the front side of that play...the front side guy can't see the 2nd foot but the back side sure can...and no that ball did not move when he went to ground...he had that catch all the way

worse the pats only show the replay that doesn't show the other foot i'm pretty sure what tv gets is what the booth gets as far as replay is concerned and so we got no angle from cbs on the 2nd foot...

Yeah, I agree that it all happens so fast it's very hard to make these decisions but it seems that the refs give some teams and/or players the benefit of the doubt and some are always at the wrong end of the calls. For example, that incomplete pass to Wes Welker in - I think - the 2nd game this year which was called a catch or Roddy White's "catch" on 3rd down against us where, when he gets up, the ball is lying on the ground and the refs rule it a complete pass nonetheless. We never seem to get the benefit of the doubt, this is what irritates me.
o, no disagreement here man.

we get ****ed every game at the worst possible times.

the refs blow a ton of calls, and unfortunately they are never held accountable for it, but a play like the matthews one, they can call that either way in game time speed.

what pisses me off is not a call like that as much, but rather a call like the one that gifted the pats 3 pts before the end of the half when they should have punted.

Philbin should have walked right up to the ref with a little weight in the flag and threw it right at his balls.

Couldn't say it any better myself. When I saw the play I was yelling challenge before the replay. At that point in time it was worth a try and yet another turning point in the game ignored by Philbin that may have swung in our favor. There is no earthly reason not to challenge that play at that point in the game if you're a head coach in the NFL getting hosed by the refs and still have a chance to win. I'm having severe doubts about Philbin's ability to understand the ebb and flow of a 60 minute NFL game.

That was the part of the replay the DID show and yes, he controlled the ball all the way to the ground and got up with it. It was a catch.

still photo is nice but did he maintain complete possession when he hit the ground? did the ball move at all? a still photo can only show so much, there's much more to this play. It may have been a catch but we cannot determine that based solely on this photo.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

no excuse for blowing that lead and the fumble call was the correct call. bad luck for you guys but the correct call.

Philbin should have thrown the red flag

He would have lost, because it was very obvious the Ref knew what they were doing.

They would have gone through the motions of looking at the video, then probably come back with, "Because the Video was inconclusive, the call on the field stands"....Miami would have been in the same boat, minus a TO.

the only angle philbin got was the one we got on tv and you couldn't see it enough to challenge it...pats even have the replays they show on the jumbo trons in their favor...

i don't blame philbin for not challenging the play given we would have lost a timeout and the guys in the booth never got a good look...

Well the left foot was on the edge and the right foot had to be somewhere. Even though you couldn't see it in the angle take a chance assume it's in and in this case be proven right.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That was the part of the replay the DID show and yes, he controlled the ball all the way to the ground and got up with it. It was a catch.

at no point did the ball move as he hit the ground? if so it was a catch. what was the game situation of the play?

Philbin doesn't have the balls to do this.

Currently, my opinion of him is still a co-ordinator and not a head coach. Good coaches surround themselves with good people - I don't see that with Philbin.

Regardless of a challenge, the team collapsed 2nd half and someone needs to take responsibility.

at no point did the ball move as he hit the ground? if so it was a catch. what was the game situation of the play?

Dude, the ball didnt move, he controlled it. Up until I saw this picture I was saying it was a no catch only because he didnt get his right foot in bounds. The this picture surfaced and eliminated any doubt that it was a catch. Not like it matters at this point, we'll be lucky to win another game all season, but for arguments sake it was definitely a catch (after seeing this photo).

Dude, the ball didnt move, he controlled it. Up until I saw this picture I was saying it was a no catch only because he didnt get his right foot in bounds. The this picture surfaced and eliminated any doubt that it was a catch. Not like it matters at this point, we'll be lucky to win another game all season, but for arguments sake it was definitely a catch (after seeing this photo).

The picture only shows you so much, did he have complete control w/ both feet in bounds? can't tell from the pic. It sounds like it was a catch but I'd like to see some real evidence. if someone has a clip please post.

Back
Top Bottom