Photo shows matthews feet were clearly down. Stadium refused to show replay. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Photo shows matthews feet were clearly down. Stadium refused to show replay.

The picture only shows you so much, did he have complete control w/ both feet in bounds? can't tell from the pic. It sounds like it was a catch but I'd like to see some real evidence. if someone has a clip please post.

I watched the game. My eyes in combination with this picture makes it a clean catch. Also clearly he controlled the ball as that hasnt come up once in this thread - and that is being completely unbiased as well. I dont know how to post videos on the site otherwise I would.

the only angle philbin got was the one we got on tv and you couldn't see it enough to challenge it...pats even have the replays they show on the jumbo trons in their favor...

i don't blame philbin for not challenging the play given we would have lost a timeout and the guys in the booth never got a good look...
but he changled an obvious INT!?

I don't blame Philbin - I blame the people upstairs who told him it wasn't worth the challenge.

How do we get this angle but they don't? From what I saw on TV, it looked like the right choice not to challenge, but if someone is able to get this still, so should the people upstairs - and we should have challenged.

**** like this is the worst.

This is the play where I lost it. No excuse for not challenging that.

I was surprised there was no challenge. There was plenty of time between plays for the guys upstairs to have a look. Someone must have missed what is clearly shown in the picture above and sent word that it wasn't worth the challenge.

Honestly, I initially thought it was not a catch because they only replayed it once or twice and didn't really show good angles. I was perfectly fine with the decision until everyone on here decided to post pictures make me feel worse lol

I watched the game in standard definition and could still tell it was in. Even my GF was like "WTH"

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

the refs ****ing blow beyond blow in the nfl.

however, that call, i cant blame that, as when u have to make a call in live action that quick, it could have gone either way.

miami should have challenged that play. they had all the momentum going, and that completion could have maybe given it to us back.

it was a bad job not to challenge by philbin.

the refs need to make better calls on many things, but these things happen so fast and can go either way in game time speed.

There is INCHES between his back foot and out-of-bounds, but they had no problem calling the questionable interception good.

Junc....your team lost by 40....somehow that makes me feel better about this game.

Well the left foot was on the edge and the right foot had to be somewhere. Even though you couldn't see it in the angle take a chance assume it's in and in this case be proven right.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

on replay they cant assume anything...they have to have evidence...you won't get an overturned call off an assumption

Unfortunately the play was called incomplete on the field. There is no way it was going to be overturned using the video replay shown. You cannot see if his right foot came down inbounds. Philbin had the flag in his hand and the TV only showed 1 replay. I dont think they have access to different angles or footage from the networks.

you think it really would have mattered with those refs?

Exactly. When the WWE fix is in with the refs, they will come out and say that despite his feet touching inbounds, his body or feet or whatever's 'natural' motion carried him out of bounds blah blah blah like they did to I think it was Wallace a few games back.

ive said this earlier today on a semi related note, these refs need to be held accountable, pass interference, and these bs automatic first down game changing defensive penalties need to be reviewable.

ive said this earlier today on a semi related note, these refs need to be held accountable, pass interference, and these bs automatic first down game changing defensive penalties need to be reviewable.
Don't hold your breath. Goodell is Bob Kraft's lap dog. I'm sure Bobby gave Roger a verbal lashing after the loss to the Jets. There was no way the Phins were leaving with a win.

Each stadium does this... it's part of the "home field advantage". That was NE's home , so there was no way that they would keep showing a play on the big screen that would go Miami's way. If it was to NE's advantage, then the stadium would show it over and over until someone decided to challenge.

Back
Top Bottom