Photo shows matthews feet were clearly down. Stadium refused to show replay. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Photo shows matthews feet were clearly down. Stadium refused to show replay.

Without any doubt, if Philbin challenged, CBS would have shown another angle. The difference was that Philbin didn't challenge and the flow of the game continued and CBS dropped this issue. CBS has cameras all over the stadium...they would have had a shot from behind the play showing both feet. The refs are then allowed to combine different angles to make the call, so they could have then watched the replay showing full control as Matthews hit the ground.

Philbin blew this, plain and simple. He had the flag in his hand and didn't have the guts to throw it because someone in the booth didn't tell him to throw it. He is a meek, unqualified disaster as a head coach.

I was upset when Sturgis missed the field goal that gave New England momentum. This catch by Matthews would have given the momentum back to the Dolphins. And when Joe Philbin didn't challenge that I knew the game was over. I then switched to Dallas vs. Detroit. This catch would have been more important than any amount of timeouts the Dolphins had to lose if they lost the challenge. Because IMO the game was riding on that one play. I am done with Joe Philbin, he can't get out of here fast enough.

For all we know. NE would have done something to shut down replay. Walt would have come out and said due to the replay system being down the play stands as called. They are cheaters, proven fact. LOL.

Plus the refs were in their hip pocket all day long!

Here is the issue, it wasn't the stadiums fault. It was the tv crews fault. They only showed one replay on tv as well, the angle which you show. They didn't show anything else so there wasn't anything else for the coaches in the booth to review. They only had that angle and that was the only angle shown in the stadium.

That said....it was clear as day from that angle he caught it and Philbin didn't throw the flag. They waited until the last possible second to see if another replay was going to be shown and they never did. CBS is to blame on this one because the refs and the stadium get all the replays tv gives them.

I watched the game. My eyes in combination with this picture makes it a clean catch. Also clearly he controlled the ball as that hasnt come up once in this thread - and that is being completely unbiased as well. I dont know how to post videos on the site otherwise I would.

Look at the picture again, his right foot it not touching the turf. Are you sure you aren't letting your brain tell you what you want to see? By the time that foot touches down his left knee is already touching the sideline.

Look at the picture again, his right foot it not touching the turf. Are you sure you aren't letting your brain tell you what you want to see? By the time that foot touches down his left knee is already touching the sideline.
Yamilo, trust me that left knee and left elbow came down in bounds. Once the elbows come down in bounds it is a completed pass. Philbin should have challenged that call. No Excuses.

BOttom line as a previous poster said... the Coaches in the booth only see the replays that TV ( CBS in this case ) show. The ONLY replay that was shown was inconclusive. This morning on the Joe Rose Show Phil Simms said he had yet to see another angle. It is inexcusable that there was only one angle of this play. The Game was the National game for CBS which mean ALL camera angles should have been covered. They should have been showing multiple angles of that play.
you start seeing too many calls like in sunday's game an lack of replay views along with the series of calls in the Ravens game, it just makes you start to question the integrity of the game.

( as I post this shortly after Browner for the Seahawks gets called for unnecessary roughness when the receiver lowered his head into the path of browners shoulder that was chest high )

The fact is that from the angle that was shown on TV it wasn't 100% conclusive that the other foot hit the ground. It was clear to me it hit something but there was a shadow of a doubt that it might have landed on the defenders foot/ankle. Now that being said, when you add up the positives vs negatives with the negative being you lose a TO and positives being numerous like critical 3rd down conversion at midfield, with the score being what it was, the chance to take the momentum back.

The only thing I can imagine that was going through Philbin head was "OMG we need all our timeouts because I forgot to have the guys practice the hurry up offense this week :'("

My cousin and I both saw it clearly on the first replay. I understand it was a tough angle but I actually saw both feet in what I didn't see clearly was the catch, if he had possession until he landed.

What I want to know is this. For Miami, who is the person in charge of reviewing the footage in the booth? Why does this person still have a job?

P.S. Dammit, between all the people in my office saying how the Fins got screwed (nationally televised in Minnesota this week) and the replay pics from today I am in an even worse mood today than yesterday.

hell i knew that they got screwed the day they played the Pats , i seen the PI that wasnt , i seen the catch that Mathews caught , there was a couple of the Pats in the netural zone on a couple sacks they made on Tannehill , theres NOWAY IN HELL Miami should have lost that Game Against the pansies , with everybody back healthy for us , and the pats was without talib ,Mayo , Vince Wilfork , and amendola way less than 100% Rob Gronkowski was about 50%-60% and from what i had seen from Miami at the start of the season , i would have bet anybody that Miami could contend with the Pats even with all there players in there , and even the sports broadcasters was saying the same thing , and with ALL THOSE PLAYERS FOR THE PATS Hurt and us with a 14 point lead we still couldnt beat them ? thats bull and the only team that we should have lost to THIS YEAR would be the Saints ,we should have won every game except that one , and when you see that WE DO HAVE THE PLAYERS TO COMPETE like we did the first of the season , then we gotta put the blame on the ones that are the blame , THE COACHING STAFF ..but as for that one game in patsy land , the Refs had 70%,, a hand in Miami getting beat , and when that happens theres NOWAY IN HELL TO BEAT A TEAM .

My cousin and I both saw it clearly on the first replay. I understand it was a tough angle but I actually saw both feet in what I didn't see clearly was the catch, if he had possession until he landed.

O YEAH he had the ball secured WAYYYYYYY better than he had his feet down , and you could perfectly see on the video that BOTH FEET WERE DOWN . and the Refs and Camera men had a better angle than we had , BUT , evadently we must have had a better look at it than they did ?? bull**** ,, they can look on the replay and see a nat crawling in the grass , on the field . COME ON MAN !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom