Votes: 15 32.6%
  • RB Zach Charbonnet UCLA

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • TE Darnell Washington Georgia

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • CB Emmanuel Forbes Mississippi State

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
Lower round Linemen are rarely ready early, even the top rated guys seem to struggle more often than not. With our limited resources, I just don't see it this year.
I have been wrong before, but I really think we stand pat this year-- only bringing in Shell-type veterans and reclamation projects.
Oh I agree. I was just pointing out it is far more common to find a 1st year starter at G/C in the 2/3 round then a tackle. Especially C, a lot of times the top rated C doesn't even go until 2/3 round. You just don't see many 1st round C picks unless they are real real top end ones. Basically if you are looking for help next season on the OL, and with us not picking till late 2nd the choices at G/C for and guy that is ready to play will be greater then T.

Thoughts on Josh Wylie of Cincinnati as a later round tight end?
From what I have read he is a pass first guy who is coming along as a blocker.

He has gotten bigger and has improved as a blocker.

Maybe in the 5th or later as a developmental guy.

I think Miami might try to find a solid vet who can block in FA but TE might well be good value when they pick.

Darnell Washington would be hard to turn down.

Oh I agree. I was just pointing out it is far more common to find a 1st year starter at G/C in the 2/3 round then a tackle. Especially C, a lot of times the top rated C doesn't even go until 2/3 round. You just don't see many 1st round C picks unless they are real real top end ones. Basically if you are looking for help next season on the OL, and with us not picking till late 2nd the choices at G/C for and guy that is ready to play will be greater then T.
Absolutely...
...and it's one of the reasons that I pooh pooh the idea that Tackle is on our draft list. A drafted Tackle probably wouldn't start, and might not play at all. Drafting a Tackle does not make us better right away, and we are probably in a 2-3 year window.
Drafting a RB, a Guard, or a MLB, and you might get an immediate starter. No guarantee, but the likelihood is higher.

Absolutely...
...and it's one of the reasons that I pooh pooh the idea that Tackle is on our draft list. A drafted Tackle probably wouldn't start, and might not play at all. Drafting a Tackle does not make us better right away, and we are probably in a 2-3 year window.
Drafting a RB, a Guard, or a MLB, and you might get an immediate starter. No guarantee, but the likelihood is higher.

Or a CB, a TE definitely will see significant snaps.

Or a CB, a TE definitely will see significant snaps.
Agreed on the TE. My only reservation is the fact that most rookie TEs don't do much. Very rarely are rookie TEs effective.
Now that said, since we are looking for a blocking TE, it might work.

Back
Top Bottom