Pick 9 Contract projects ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pick 9 Contract projects ?

satz

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Any one know how much signing bonus and salary does a Top 9 pick will get.
With 18 million in cap i am curious to see how much that will drop it appx by after his signing.
Then ofcourse to fill the roster .need another 12 more players for cheap.

Any one know how much signing bonus and salary does a Top 9 pick will get.
With 18 million in cap i am curious to see how much that will drop it appx by after his signing.
Then ofcourse to fill the roster .need another 12 more players for cheap.

There will be restructuring and cuts that will free up a lot more money for us!

Even though every one is up in arms i except not more than 1 salary restruture.If you want to get rid of them then that is fine .Also., no one is talking about cap hit.They think if you cut some with 5 million salary you get back 5 million.That is not the case.You might get a 2-3 million or so and need to replace with a player who is cheaper than 2-3 million to gain cap room.Again at that point the aviablabilty of FA dictates this .

let assume we sign a Qb at 9 with 5-7 million signing bonus.That would leave11 milion to fill 12 roster spots.,At the start of training camp you need 80 players and all of them need a signin bonus and salary.for some reason how the math is going to add makes no sense.

He'll probably make nthe same amount of money or a little less then the 8th round pick.

Thats my guess.

He'll probably make nthe same amount of money or a little less then the 8th round pick.

Thats my guess.

Well it will depend on the position too. Remember last years picks inflated the price do to the increase in the Cap. At 8 i cannot remember Whitners base but I know something like 17 mil of it is garenteed. (off the top of my head). So another DB at 9 would be about the same contract.

Back
Top Bottom