Pick up Asomaough? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pick up Asomaough?

PFT: Report: Eagles to cut Asomugha today

[h=1]Report: Eagles to cut Asomugha today[/h]Posted by Mike Florio on March 6, 2013, 10:45 AM EST
nnamdiasomughanewyorkjetsvphiladelphiasr-1.jpg
Getty Images

The Dream Team is dead. Long live the Dream Team.
Less than 20 months after emerging as the unexpected winner of the Nnamdi Asomugha sweepstakes, the Eagles will release the veteran cornerback, according to Howard Eskin of WIP94 in Philly and FOX29.
Asomugha was due to make a base salary of $15 million in 2013. But the Eagles owe him $4 million guaranteed, without offset.
This means that Nnamdi will get $4 million from the Eagles, in addition to anything he earns elsewhere.
At the time Asomugha picked the Eagles, the Jets and Cowboys were chasing him. If the Jets jump back in now, it would be the clearest sign yet that they intend to trade Darrelle Revis.

Might be willing to take a pay cut if the the Eagles owe him $4M anyway.

Remember him getting beat alot last year. He didn't look the same.

We can get a younger and cheaper option.

Nnamdi and DRC got abused last year because of the scheme the Eagles ran.

Nnamdi and DRC are both PURE MAN CB's.

Eagles ran a zone scheme that Nnamdi and DRC are not suited for.

Worth a look.

I am not sure he fits Miami's scheme. If Sean Smith doesn't, I don't think Nnamdi does either.

I am not sure he fits Miami's scheme. If Sean Smith doesn't, I don't think Nnamdi does either.

I don't think anyone said Sean Smith doesn't fit the Dolphins system. He is just not worth the money he is asking for.

I don't think anyone said Sean Smith doesn't fit the Dolphins system. He is just not worth the money he is asking for.

our system wasn't a great fit for Smith at all.

Namdi is definitely an upgrade from what we have back there. People forget that he was the man a couple years ago. He was the "shut down" guy before Revis exploded on the scene. He's worth taking a look at, the Eagles did a poor job of using him. On paper they had one of the best secondaries in the league and their scheme got them torched back there. It was def the coaching!

Willing to do some homework and maybe take a flyer for a cap friendly deal since he is still getting 4 mil from the eagles. He does need to be in a man press secondary and I have confidence in coyle using him the right way because we saw the production he got out of the talent in Cincinnati but my concern is that Namdi is that he is not excited about playing football anymore or striving to be the man anymore and has changed his mindset to what will I do after football ect... But if he recommitts and is cap friendly who wouldn't give a serious look, but again not getting into a war for his services more like here is what u r worth to us if u wanna ride

Smith has to be replaced. Whatever money is left after Wallace and Hartline should go to the best CB that money can buy. I wanted someone like Freeney but I think we need the secondary help more because we have more talent with Vernon or Kaddu than we do with the secondary options on our roster.

Do we play press man? Or soft zone mainly? I haven't really gone back and studied our games but, and I've mentioned this before, SMith would bail on his press all the time. Very frustrating as I see him as a press corner as well. Nmadi might be a cheap vet option to come in, I was thinking maybe bring him in for cheap and stick him at FS. That's where he started his career. I think at his size and speed he could cover backs and tight ends pretty easily from the FS spot.

Back
Top Bottom