Pipe Dream of mine......... possible reality I doubt it? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pipe Dream of mine......... possible reality I doubt it?

Rev Kev

Tank for Tua Apologist
Club Member
Reaction score
CAN YOU IMAGINE

If one of the top 3 QBs fall to #19 we could have a trade down barring that if -> if it is Bridgewater, Bortles or Manziel -> we CAN select him and listen to pitches over-night -> I could see a better second day package..., some teams may not think we'll do it, Arizona for instance may think we are full of "B.S"... Teams wonn't believe it till they see it but wow we could get something good the next day -> but the GM on the clock has to have the balls to make the selection

This is the kind of attitude I want from Hickey

Yea you don't draft and trade. You trade the draft pick while your on the clock. Otherwise your stuck with a player everybody knows you wanna trade. Deflates any value you might get

Yea you don't draft and trade. You trade the draft pick while your on the clock. Otherwise your stuck with a player everybody knows you wanna trade. Deflates any value you might get

I agree unless it is a top level QB -> i think it opens up the possiblity -> I think it is a little like Russian Roullette for sure

Teddy could be no.1 overall or drop to the second rd

Wouldn't other teams realize they have us "over the barrel" because we don't really want the guy and now get less in return?

at least one of the qbs will fall, and at 19 they wont be hot property

I think if we drafted a QB at #19 with hte expectation of trading him that night, we may get stuck with him and have buyer's remorse. Any team trading for our QB will be holding all the cards.

I do believe that we are a prime spot to trade out of #19 if a QB falls being the the Cardinals are right behind us and looking for a QB. Some team may want to jump in front of the Cardinals for a QB.

Just killing time - but I like some ingenuity from my GM - this scenario could breed buyers remorse unless 2 teams wanted the same player

I think the trade opportunities are plentiful in this draft. Personally i would trade with new Orleans pick up another 2nd and take moses in the 1st. Then i have my RT. I have 2 2nds and a 3rd to take a guard, LB and WR. The rest is gravy. Probably take the best RB in the 4th

Back
Top Bottom