Plain Truth, We Have Dumb Players | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Plain Truth, We Have Dumb Players

Juwan James makes dumb plays every game! Last night I was saying, “why is he so dumb?!”
Funny you bring it up.

A. Suh does not belong on that list. That's absurd. That man balled last night.
B. Do not confuse intelligence with physical and mental mistakes.
C. Directly related to B above, try watching other teams. They ALL have these issues. Teams with greater stability in the trenches tend to minimize the impact of them.
D. The ridiculous array of flags on both teams last night is not indicative of this team's brains. The zebras were flag-happy when they needn't have been and restrained when they should have thrown a flag in several instances.

Juwan James makes dumb plays every game! Last night I was saying, “why is he so dumb?!”
Funny you bring it up.

Jawuan James is our best offensive lineman. I seen people on this board today saying Khalil Mack is overrated and they weren't impressed by him. You know why they are saying that? Because James played really well last night.

That play where he was not on the line of scrimmage? Go back and watch the game again and look at where the tackles lined up on every play last night, for both teams. You could have dinged the Raiders AT LEAST twice on that exact same penalty if you called it just as stringently.

Listen to some of our players when they talk to the media. Some can't talk plain or even string a sentence together. It's sad. Makes you wonder what their intelligence level is.

Like who? the only players that are noticeably not comfortable talking to the media are Kiko Alonso and maybe Timmons. Everyone else seems to give good insight and talks with sense. I'll wait.

I would disagree regarding the NBA. On average they come across as smarter, more thoughtful and more articulate than players from other sports. I've never fully understood it but it's been a distinct trend throughout my life.

I dont all the way agree with this either. But it could be that maybe football players have been
c_100_us.png
getting there heads banged in since 6 years old maybe? You guys want 100 percent scholars on your team or u want good and talented football players? Just because someone doesn't know how to speak publicly doesn't mean they are "dumb" in fact, it is a dumb assumption. And How primitive is this analysis to judge a persons intelligence by how they conduct a football press conference? Come on yall.

I have a hard time listening to Clyde Christensen's press conference. I would never say the guy is dumb, but he sounds like hes talking to one of his friends in starbucks.

One thing you can count on is them to perform a penalty on a positive play. Make a critical mistake after a positive play. I'm surprised any of these guys have feet left after shooting them off so often

are you implying that people who drink starbucks coffee are smarter than those who drink dunkin donuts or folgers coffee?

Oh, on the contrary, have you seen what Starbucks charges for coffee? I make my own damn coffee drinks, and they're better than Starbucks, and instead of paying $8 for one cup of coffee, I just buy milk and sugar and bricks of Cuban coffee for $1.99 a pop. Easy peasy.

One thing you can count on is them to perform a penalty on a positive play. Make a critical mistake after a positive play. I'm surprised any of these guys have feet left after shooting them off so often

So most of these penalties are coaching related and maybe there isnt any repercussions for these infractions. Shula teams didn't commit penalties like this. We always give coaching praise when we are one of less penalized teams than others, but when we commit multiple penalties consistently from game to game, we have dumb players. The players are to blame, but I believe more the coaches.

Oh, on the contrary, have you seen what Starbucks charges for coffee? I make my own damn coffee drinks, and they're better than Starbucks, and instead of paying $8 for one cup of coffee, I just buy milk and sugar and bricks of Cuban coffee for $1.99 a pop. Easy peasy.

So do I. TBH it could be any establishment where people gather and talk. Thanks for messing up my analogy!

Back
Top Bottom