Player interviews 5/30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Player interviews 5/30

Very encouraging interview. Good for him. Kid looks like he is self aware and looking to be better. Players really want to play for each other with this coaching staff. Saw a bunch of stuff in the offseason where Phillips was working out with Suh, on Suh's IG. Really hope this guy can become more consistent. Could be a huge difference in our D if he can take the next step. Our D will go from bottom 20 to top 10.

Talk of him coming out was he seemed to look like he would lose interest and take plays off...if his drive matches his potential and athleticism, we will be MUCH improved in the middle of the D

Love the self awareness and desire to be better. In addition, Laremy Tunsil is looking jacked!

It pisses me off to know that we drafted a guy in the 2nd round that we KNEW had motivation and work ethic issues. Only to have those same issues affect him in the NFL.. SMDH. Hope he figures it out.

Trade Parker for Danny Shelton

Been waiting to hear or see the beast come out of this guy since he was drafted.......love it

It pisses me off to know that we drafted a guy in the 2nd round that we KNEW had motivation and work ethic issues. Only to have those same issues affect him in the NFL.. SMDH. Hope he figures it out.

I just think some times we expect more from players early in their careers than is realistic.
Here are the 10 players selected before and after Phillips in the 2015 draft.

Before: Jalen Collins - CB, Benardrick Mckinney - LB, Hau'oli Kikaha - LB, Eric Kendricks - LB, Jaquiski Tartt - S, Eric Rowe - CB, Denxel Perryman - LB, Mitch Morse - G, Ronald Darby - CB and Nate Orchard - DE.

After: Jake Fisher - T, Ameer Abdullah - RB, Maxx Williams - TE, Senquez Golson - CB, Rob Havenstein - T, Markus Golden - DE, Ty Sambrailo - T, Randy Gregory - DE, Ali Marpet - G and Quinton Rollins - CB.

I think there are only 4 or 5 players selected before Phillips that you could say have turned out to be clearly better players at this point of their careers and even fewer on the after list. Of the 20 players listed I would say Phillips is equal or better than 12 or 15 of them.

After watching Phillips' interview, I have a question for you guys. Forgive me if I am not asking this right, but can a guy like Phillips, who lacks a high motor, learn to play with one? If by human nature, you are passive and laid back, can you change and learn to bring more energy and attitude? Can a guy like Parker find it within himself to play like Landry? Can Phillips play like an Aaron Donald?

After watching Phillips' interview, I have a question for you guys. Forgive me if I am not asking this right, but can a guy like Phillips, who lacks a high motor, learn to play with one? If by human nature, you are passive and laid back, can you change and learn to bring more energy and attitude? Can a guy like Parker find it within himself to play like Landry? Can Phillips play like an Aaron Donald?
Very interesting topic. Can a passive player learn to be aggressive? I think it's a hard thing to learn and he will always revert back to being passive sometimes.

I think people can change and become more motivated for sure. Really it's drive and desire that has guys playing harder than others. Happens all the time with every day folks say wanting to lose weight for example. I know people that went from 300lbs of lazy unmotivated misery, to losing the weight and doing body building shows now. Always up to the individual and helps to have a good supporting cast imo.

Interesting little side comment from Reshad Jones when talking about the DBs, he complimented X (Xavien Howard) and then said that Tony Lippert is playing the best football since he's been here.
Other thing that attracted my attention were Jordan Phillips' comments. He sounded like he knows he has to lift his game and be more consistent. No sugar coating, he sounded genuinely serious and eager to show what he can do on the field. Also interesting to note that he trained with Ndamukong Suh at the Nike facilities in Portland to help get him in better condition. Last year he played at 336 lbs and wants to get down to 320 lbs (currently around 335 lbs). This is Phillips' third season and it's time for him to show what he can do.

Back
Top Bottom