Player Trades for Draft Picks Could Start Tomorrow | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Player Trades for Draft Picks Could Start Tomorrow

PaPhinz

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I was/am watching PFT Live and they just had Greg Aiello on and said that if the stay is not granted today, trading players for draft picks would start tomorrow. He also said if the stay is not granted, they will decide on when to start the new league year and then free agency would start then. If the stay is granted, then the lockout would continue as it is now.

That's interesting because if we find out about the stay before the draft starts, trades will essentially begin tonight with teams picking players for other teams. I can just see the Phins trading down to 20, picking Mallett, getting everybody excited overnight and then shipping him off tomorrow to the Bengals for Carson Palmer and a 2nd. Heads will explode here...

It'll be interesting to see whether or not teams will be prepared to make deals. I'd love to unload henne, hartline, and merling.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Thank the lord: The only players the Dolphins seem to actually get as contributors around draft time are undrafted free agents.

Maybe we can trade Phillip Merling, Chad Henne, and Brian Hartline for Cincinati's 2nd rounder.

I've been drinking..... today was just too much. First Pouncy then the Blazers. FML

Back
Top Bottom