PLayer's Salary Question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PLayer's Salary Question

Agent51

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If players are paid for each game then what happens to teams who make the playoffs? I'm assuming their salaries are divided by 16 and then paid weekly, or 8 and bi-weekly, so what happens when your team makes the playoffs, are you NOT paid for those games, or is it bonus money or what? You can't predict if you're gonna make the playoffs before the season, or the variables like 1st round bye or elimination, so you can't really set it up to divide it by MORE than 16 (or 8) games. I'm not even positive that's how they get paid, I just see all the time "so and so fined one games pay" or something like that, so it made me think their salaries are divided up by the games. So what's the deal with player's pay that don't make the playoffs versus those who do?

*EDIT* Sorry, this doesn't really have to do with Miami so I guess it's in the wrong forum.

You get a paycheck every week but basically you get what you signed for or else the salary cap would be messed up

You would have to players more thus making the cap uneven possibly

Playoffs are for pride not extra money

*I could be wrong*

I might be wrong, but a players salary is for the season, regardless of whether or not the team makes the playoffs. Now I believe that there are bonuses that are paid to the players for the playoffs and Super Bowl.

I could be wrong though

i think it depends on each player contract, some players only get their salary, and other players have signing and playoff bonuses. i'm not sure though

I'm pretty sure that the only additional player payments comes directly from the NFL. I believe it's based on whether you win the superbowl, appear in it, or reach the conference championship. Those appearing in other play-off games get a set payment. This payment is the same for all players.

Well yea, this is what I was thinking, but I was wondering if their checks just come 16 times so basically in the playoffs they don't still get checks for the games? Like I know they don't make EXTRA money for the playoffs, I was just wondering if they stop getting checks after week 16, aside from any bonus/incentive money. I'm assuming it has to be that way because they can't really tell if they're gonna make the playoffs or not so the can't really set up payments to be divided by more than 16 weeks. Thanks for the answers everyone.

And yes, Alex, how the HELL do you have that many posts in a month? It's almost DOUBLE mine and I've been a pretty active member since April, lol, thats 9 months.

The players' base salary is divided into 17 installments. Following each week's games (including the bye week), the players get a check for 1/17th of their base salary.

For the playoffs, the league sets up a separate pool. Each player on the active roster of a playoff team gets an identical bonus share, depending on how far his team advances in the playoffs. Just for last year's Super Bowl alone, a player on the Patriots received $68,000, while a player on the Eagles got $38,500.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
The players' base salary is divided into 17 installments. Following each week's games (including the bye week), the players get a check for 1/17th of their base salary.

For the playoffs, the league sets up a separate pool. Each player on the active roster of a playoff team gets an identical bonus share, depending on how far his team advances in the playoffs. Just for last year's Super Bowl alone, a player on the Patriots received $68,000, while a player on the Eagles got $38,500.

Yep...All the Bengals, giants, Jags and Bucs players Got $17,000 for that one game.

hdjetta6316 said:
Yep...All the Bengals, giants, Jags and Bucs players Got $17,000 for that one game.

As did all of the winning teams' players...except for Washington's Sean Tayloogie. :sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom