Players should cut ahead of Ajayi | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players should cut ahead of Ajayi

Rules must are in place for a reason, being a prima donna is one thing, showing disrespect and acting like an ass is another. Gase made a decision on a player that was causing a problem, unfortunately that player was a fan favorite.

Gase is in charge. Players need to do it his way or they will be sent on their way. Gase has a belief in himself and he wants players who buy in. I like his strong approach, the way he holds people accountable and the fact that he does not care what anyone thinks. Gase said Ajayi had to go, so Ajayi needed to go. I for one like Gase's approach and am excited that the Dolphins have an unflinching, strong-willed coach at the helm. Players take heed...it is a privilege to be a Dolphin. Step in line, do as your coach says or catch the next bus out of town.

It’s a scapegoat move bro, if gase really wanted to replace guys who didn’t care he would’ve ditched the guards, cutler, and Thomas long ago. Ajayi had the most heart and effort every game but he didn’t put up with gase’s bs so he traded him instead of blaming the real probem which is his trash play calling because gase is weak.

It's just too difficult to compare the impact of a running back and two wide receivers, but Ajayi is not in the same class as an NFL player as OBJ. Not even close. Beckham is consistently great.

OBJ is a player that I don't give a **** about his "baggage"..... I take him on my football team at any price tag no matter what.

You guys can have them and I’ll take guys who truly love the game, no what they’re doing and give it they’re all on every play. Give me Edelman, Amendola and Hogan. You can have your primadonnas, I’ll take my rings.

It’s a scapegoat move bro, if gase really wanted to replace guys who didn’t care he would’ve ditched the guards, cutler, and Thomas long ago. Ajayi had the most heart and effort every game but he didn’t put up with gase’s bs so he traded him instead of blaming the real probem which is his trash play calling because gase is weak.

Ah so he had heart the first game of last season??... Oh that's right, he wasn't there because he was butt hurt he wasn't handed the starting job and handed the workload based upon Lamar Miller was no longer there instead of idk.. actually proving and showing he was worth the starting nod and workload? HEART goes well beyond the 4 hours on Sunday/Monday/Thursday time frame for the game(s). HEART is shown also during practice(s) and offseason, look at Lamar Miller, each offseason he did something different to improve, he even worked out with Frank Gore and learned from him until he began to master his craft and eventually became the starter(later on had reason to be upset at the total number of his carries after he developed).

I enjoyed watching Jay play, am I a bit eh that he is gone? Yes, but I am not going to be like welp FML now we are bottom of the barrel team(because in reality, we were close to that mark already). At the same time, I can get why it was easy to ship him out or even cut if needed be, he was on a rookie contract, where as cutting Jay Cutler or Thomas is flushing millions down the drain with no back up plan, truly sending a message would have been cutting Thomas/trading him if a team was silly enough to trade for him at this point but reality is, the NFL is about sending a message when it fits into your current cap/roster situation, otherwise it's dead air being breathed out.

Cut Maxwell the message still wasn't clear apparently. I hate Ajayi is gone but I trust Gase with this team.

Well we shall see if its the chicken or the egg here pretty soon. Did Gase make Jay or Jay make Gase last year. Jay just appeared after the Seattle game last year at a time when we were a 1-5 team going no where and as he had sucess so did we. Coincidence I do not think so. This year teams were more prepared for Jay plus they had less to fear from our QB. Hum

I completely disagree. Say what you want about Cutler, but he has given a lot to this team. He was practically begging to play last week. If he didn't care, as you say, he would say his ribs hurt too much to play and he would hold his clipboard and cash in his $10M. The guards just don't have talent, has nothing to do with not caring. They're busting their butts, they're just awful. Thomas is old and slow, not sure how much he cares but not caring and just being bad are completely different. Do I think it was a mistake to bring in Cutler, absolutely. That money could have been used to sign the players we want to keep, but in no way can you say he doesn't care.

As far as Ajayi, he may have played with heart on game days, but if he didn't put the work in during the week, he doesn't have heart. Studying his playbook and learning his assigments are putting up with Gase's bs? No, it's his job. They butt heads because Gase called him out on it. Are we better without him, absolutely not, but anyone who was starting to slack off and follow in his footsteps will think twice about it now. I have a feeling over the next few weeks, the play calling will change. Gase has basically already said he needed to dumb it down to Ajayi's level. Guess we'll see.

Ummmm, what's the character limit on these posts? ... because my list would be long.

He didn't put up with Gase's BS?

What the hell does that mean.

I completely disagree. Say what you want about Cutler, but he has given a lot to this team. He was practically begging to play last week. If he didn't care, as you say, he would say his ribs hurt too much to play and he would hold his clipboard and cash in his $10M. The guards just don't have talent, has nothing to do with not caring. They're busting their butts, they're just awful. Thomas is old and slow, not sure how much he cares but not caring and just being bad are completely different. Do I think it was a mistake to bring in Cutler, absolutely. That money could have been used to sign the players we want to keep, but in no way can you say he doesn't care.

As far as Ajayi, he may have played with heart on game days, but if he didn't put the work in during the week, he doesn't have heart. Studying his playbook and learning his assigments are putting up with Gase's bs? No, it's his job. They butt heads because Gase called him out on it. Are we better without him, absolutely not, but anyone who was starting to slack off and follow in his footsteps will think twice about it now. I have a feeling over the next few weeks, the play calling will change. Gase has basically already said he needed to dumb it down to Ajayi's level. Guess we'll see.

Agree. I think a lot of the players who are playing poorly are just not very good.

Ah so he had heart the first game of last season??... Oh that's right, he wasn't there because he was butt hurt he wasn't handed the starting job and handed the workload based upon Lamar Miller was no longer there instead of idk.. actually proving and showing he was worth the starting nod and workload? HEART goes well beyond the 4 hours on Sunday/Monday/Thursday time frame for the game(s). HEART is shown also during practice(s) and offseason, look at Lamar Miller, each offseason he did something different to improve, he even worked out with Frank Gore and learned from him until he began to master his craft and eventually became the starter(later on had reason to be upset at the total number of his carries after he developed).

I enjoyed watching Jay play, am I a bit eh that he is gone? Yes, but I am not going to be like welp FML now we are bottom of the barrel team(because in reality, we were close to that mark already). At the same time, I can get why it was easy to ship him out or even cut if needed be, he was on a rookie contract, where as cutting Jay Cutler or Thomas is flushing millions down the drain with no back up plan, truly sending a message would have been cutting Thomas/trading him if a team was silly enough to trade for him at this point but reality is, the NFL is about sending a message when it fits into your current cap/roster situation, otherwise it's dead air being breathed out.

To say jay didn't have heart is like saying a california sky isn't blue, gase sat him because ajayi knew he earned the starting job and was the better back, gase didn't like that, probably because foster was brought in and by all accounts of his behavior up to this point didn't want to look stupid, gase is a true egomaniac in all the most petty unproductive ways. Ajayi had the most heart on our team by far, he single handedly carried us to the playoffs last year and for that he gets rewarded with a trade for nothing. He was a rare gem we found in the 5th of which many 1st rounders don't come close to, and we give him away for the same basically when he has probably 2-3 years of dominance left, maybe if we trade thill, suh, timmons and jones for a 1st and a 2nd it would equal the ajayi trade in stupidity. Gase didn't get rid of the true people dont don't care on this team, the guards, cutler, and thomas, he gave away the guy who cared the most, if that doesn't tell you this guy is pure egomaniac with no regard to productivity nothing will.

Back
Top Bottom