Players should cut ahead of Ajayi | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Players should cut ahead of Ajayi

I completely disagree. Say what you want about Cutler, but he has given a lot to this team. He was practically begging to play last week. If he didn't care, as you say, he would say his ribs hurt too much to play and he would hold his clipboard and cash in his $10M. The guards just don't have talent, has nothing to do with not caring. They're busting their butts, they're just awful. Thomas is old and slow, not sure how much he cares but not caring and just being bad are completely different. Do I think it was a mistake to bring in Cutler, absolutely. That money could have been used to sign the players we want to keep, but in no way can you say he doesn't care.

As far as Ajayi, he may have played with heart on game days, but if he didn't put the work in during the week, he doesn't have heart. Studying his playbook and learning his assigments are putting up with Gase's bs? No, it's his job. They butt heads because Gase called him out on it. Are we better without him, absolutely not, but anyone who was starting to slack off and follow in his footsteps will think twice about it now. I have a feeling over the next few weeks, the play calling will change. Gase has basically already said he needed to dumb it down to Ajayi's level. Guess we'll see.

Any post that says cutler cares and ajayi doesn't have heart is pure blasphemy at its finest. Cutler has the attitude and urgency of a 80 yr old lady making oatmeal in the morning, not to mention refuses to take any hits whatsoever, guy does not give a single damn, which, by the way is the same way he has been his whole career. Meanwhile, Ajayi carries the team on his back for an entire year, realizes even he can't compete against what gase's play calls are limiting him to and calls him out on it, gets shipped out, and gase uses his age old excuse train to scapegoat his bs. A few players not knowing a few plays does not limit your offense with plenty of talent available to one of the worst in history, that's on the hc play calling, maybe start with calling more than 5 plays the same every series? How many times has gase said "I/we need to get better, we will change things up." Good luck on the 15th time being the charm.

To say jay didn't have heart is like saying a california sky isn't blue, gase sat him because ajayi knew he earned the starting job and was the better back, gase didn't like that, probably because foster was brought in and by all accounts of his behavior up to this point didn't want to look stupid, gase is a true egomaniac in all the most petty unproductive ways. Ajayi had the most heart on our team by far, he single handedly carried us to the playoffs last year and for that he gets rewarded with a trade for nothing. He was a rare gem we found in the 5th of which many 1st rounders don't come close to, and we give him away for the same basically when he has probably 2-3 years of dominance left, maybe if we trade thill, suh, timmons and jones for a 1st and a 2nd it would equal the ajayi trade in stupidity. Gase didn't get rid of the true people dont don't care on this team, the guards, cutler, and thomas, he gave away the guy who cared the most, if that doesn't tell you this guy is pure egomaniac with no regard to productivity nothing will.
Interesting. So, throwing a hissy fit because you're not being given the starting job when you think you should be is showing heart ... but Gase asking you to do things his way (the coach's way, by the way) is egomania? Interesting way of viewing things in my book.

As for single handedly taking us to the playoffs .. that's just rude to the likes of our top TD scorer (Stills), leader of the offense (Tannehill) amongst others.

I guess if you think he single handedly brought us to the playoffs, maybe that explains your views on him / Gase. Maybe you, like Ajayi believe there is only an I in team.

Interesting. So, throwing a hissy fit because you're not being given the starting job when you think you should be is showing heart ... but Gase asking you to do things his way (the coach's way, by the way) is egomania? Interesting way of viewing things in my book.

As for single handedly taking us to the playoffs .. that's just rude to the likes of our top TD scorer (Stills), leader of the offense (Tannehill) amongst others.

I guess if you think he single handedly brought us to the playoffs, maybe that explains your views on him / Gase. Maybe you, like Ajayi believe there is only an I in team.

That's certainly a fancy way of stating nonsense, difference between thinking and knowing you earned the starting job and knowing you're better, and if the coach then tells you his guy is starting regardless, obviously you're not going to be happy. Remember, Tannehill didn't take off until Ajayi started carrying the team on his back because even then Gase's offense needed a handicap. Through no coincidence, its the same as this year, only its not coming because his play calling has somehow gotten worse, gase is making philbin look good which i didn't think was possible.

I'm actually a team guy but I certainly won't deny what he's done for this team and scapegoat one player to save myself unlike Gase. Without Ajayi going crazy last year we definitely don't make the playoffs and likely end up with a very bad record, I won't be naive to that to protect my favorite coach. There is plenty of talent on this team, there is no excuse for us to consistently be this bad, and it certainly had nothing to do with Ajayi.

Any post that says cutler cares and ajayi doesn't have heart is pure blasphemy at its finest. Cutler has the attitude and urgency of a 80 yr old lady making oatmeal in the morning, not to mention refuses to take any hits whatsoever, guy does not give a single damn, which, by the way is the same way he has been his whole career. Meanwhile, Ajayi carries the team on his back for an entire year, realizes even he can't compete against what gase's play calls are limiting him to and calls him out on it, gets shipped out, and gase uses his age old excuse train to scapegoat his bs. A few players not knowing a few plays does not limit your offense with plenty of talent available to one of the worst in history, that's on the hc play calling, maybe start with calling more than 5 plays the same every series? How many times has gase said "I/we need to get better, we will change things up." Good luck on the 15th time being the charm.

Guess we'll agree to disgree, especially on the Cutler part. The guy doesn't show a sense of urgency and has a very laid-back demeanor but that doesn't mean he doesn't care. If he refuses to get hit, how did he break his ribs? I get your frustrations with him because based on how he plays, now and in the past, I have thought the same thing, but I have learned a lot about him this year watching press conferences and how he interacts with the other QBs and teammates, and I've realized I was wrong. Not happy we spent money on him, but he does care.

I'm not getting into Ajayi again. I've said what I needed to and we will see if any of the play calling changes.

Don't Odell Beckham and Dez Bryant score TD's?

Since when does production not matter?

Finheaven isn't for everyone.

Not really sure about Odell but I think anyone would be hard pressed to say that Dez is not well versed in what Dallas does offensively.....

In line at the cafeteria?

Primadonna attitudes require that you do your job at an elite level....Jay was not a complete back.

His poor pass protection and receiving skills limited the offense when he was in the game.

It worked in the beginning....but teams figure you out when you have blaring weaknesses like Jay does.

Teams will stack the line and he will struggle...getting hit even more and shortening an already likely short career.

It’s a scapegoat move bro, if gase really wanted to replace guys who didn’t care he would’ve ditched the guards, cutler, and Thomas long ago. Ajayi had the most heart and effort every game but he didn’t put up with gase’s bs so he traded him instead of blaming the real probem which is his trash play calling because gase is weak.

This sounds like a typical new age fan response that doesn't understand what a "team" is...or what it takes for a team to be successful overall.

This subject has been beat to death already...but Ajayi's limitations and how he limited this offense in regards to play calling and overall effectiveness are obvious.

Landry.

He limits the offense when you “best” wr can’t run but 5 ****ing routes.

This team needs Parker to be and stay healthy for it to take the next step, and Tannehill to be healthy again.

Landry.

He limits the offense when you “best” wr can’t run but 5 ****ing routes.

This team needs Parker to be and stay healthy for it to take the next step, and Tannehill to be healthy again.

Landry has the passion to do it. I think this is a case where the coaching staff and the player need to huddle up and figure out a way to get him where they need him. Whereas I do not blame the staff for anything with Ajayi (except maybe being TOO ACCOMMODATING TO HIM), I do feel like they've failed with Landry. Yeah, some guys are going to take longer than others to pick things up, but I refuse to believe that Landry simply can't do it.

Not really sure about Odell but I think anyone would be hard pressed to say that Dez is not well versed in what Dallas does offensively.....

Too bad Dez pretty much is invisible when he goes up against good CB's. Even with the best running game in the league.

I admit I'll a little shocked that the most prolific WR in the NFL (catch wise) since he came into the league can't run routes. I guess our nightmare of him going to NE and killing us is a fantasy than. If you can't run routes the way Tommy boy expects in NE you're out.

This sounds like a typical new age fan response that doesn't understand what a "team" is...or what it takes for a team to be successful overall.

This subject has been beat to death already...but Ajayi's limitations and how he limited this offense in regards to play calling and overall effectiveness are obvious.

You're an obvious homer, if you fall for that bull of Ajayi limiting Gase's offense that's a complete joke, that's a scapegoat for trash play calling, plain and simple. I love how you completely ignored him not getting rid of the real trash players on the team instead of the one that was producing the most over the past year and a half, good logic, homer.

You're an obvious homer, if you fall for that bull of Ajayi limiting Gase's offense that's a complete joke, that's a scapegoat for trash play calling, plain and simple. I love how you completely ignored him not getting rid of the real trash players on the team instead of the one that was producing the most over the past year and a half, good logic, homer.

No...you obviously don't know what your watching...Ajayi sucked in past pro....sucked as a receiver...plain and simple...the results prove it.

If you think any coach is getting rid of a complete back...your confused.

I trust Gase when he States Ajayi was not performing his assignments or learning them...and that goes beyond just running the ball.

Back
Top Bottom