Players that MAY bring draft picks

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BigNastyDB13, Nov 30, 2009.

1. BigNastyDB13

BigNastyDB13 A True Fan

Do we have anyone we can trade for extra draft picks this season? This would be a good draft to add extra picks in. Not to mention we've been known to waste draft picks here and there so the more the better. Think we could get a 5th for Porter? 3rd for Ginn? (maybe the Raiders/Ravens would be interested), 5/6th for Camarillo? Crowder for a 3rd? Ayodele for a 5/6th? Anybody have any ideas?

2. das8929

das8929 Starter

5th for Porter, 6th for Cam(hopefully), 4th for Crowder, can of worms for Ginn

3. mmikel30

mmikel30 Starter

your not gonna ge more than a 6th for akin or camarillo crowder might bring a 5th..maybe

4. JCfinfan

JCfinfan FinHeaven VIP

People, please understand no team will trade for Porter. He is too old, makes too much money and play has gone down. If we cut him some team will sign him to a min vet type salary with incentives.

I'd say Ginn for 3rd or 4th. Not that I agree, but maybe Brown thrown into a deal for a #1 wideout. That may be it.

5. Gadsden86

Gadsden86 #1 Oronde Gadsden & Cameron Wake Fan

So what now we trade all our WR's. Cam has been great w/ clutch catches.... just dont get some fans logic.

6. oasis

oasis Lost in the fog

Big mistake not trading Porter this past offseason. Coming off a huge season, his value was as high as it ever could have been. Might have been able to pull in a 2nd. Now best case I'd guess is 4th or worse.

7. Dphins4me

Dphins4me A True Fan

Porters value this offseason was no higher then it was the prior yr. No team is going to give up a high pick for an aging Lber with big contract & a bum knee.

8. Dphins4me

Dphins4me A True Fan

Trade deadline has passed.

9. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

I think he was thinking this upcoming offseason.

10. 3rdandinches

3rdandinches Seasoned Veteran

T.Ginn and Y.Bell - 2nd

G.Cam and J.Porter - 4th

1st round pick - for a later 1st and 2nd

11. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

Ronnie Brown will be a RFA. Wouldn't be surprised at all if there's a team in the league that tries to go after him.

12. NashPhin

NashPhin Run the Ball. Stop the Run.

No way any team in its right mind (read: everybody except Oakland) would give up a 2nd for Ginn.

13. MiamiDolfan85

MiamiDolfan85 DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

we wouldn't get a popsicle stick for Ginn about now....

14. Tiko377

Tiko377 A True Fan

greg cam for a 4th or 5th

lex hillard for a 6th?

i dunno about the rest of the people but i dont think those 2 are really needed hartline is the same wr cam is

15. hardhitn

hardhitn Play Hard

I would. He doesn't have the cleanest slate when it comes to injuries. He's pretty banged up. If anything a team will send a high draft pick that we'll refuse in a heartbeat.

16. BigNastyDB13

BigNastyDB13 A True Fan

Thought that was kind of obvious :ponder:

I'm a big Ronnie fan but if we could get a mid to high 1st for him I'd be all for it. I don't see that happening with his injury this season.

17. mmikel30

mmikel30 Starter

ill take the draft pick for brown....we have way to many needs on this team

18. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Who D Best?

I can see Nate Garner getting traded sorta like how we traded Alleman and Ndukwe. I also can see Philip Merling getting traded with how good Starks and McDaniel is playing plus we still have Dotson. I don't know what the compensation would be though.

19. MrEd

MrEd A True Fan

Actually, I think MIA will just replace ONE of our WR's with a Andre Johnson type of starter. And I believe that odd man out will be Turner.

Ginn will become the backup speedster to the #1 WR we aquire and be our starting KR. Hartline will battle it out Camarillo, Turner, and Bess for the remaining 3 WR spots with likely Turner being the odd man out.

With the addition of a playmaking TE and the #1 Andre Johnson type, we wont have such a big need for Turner's big body and Hartline, Camarillo, and Bess will beat him out, JMO.

Of course, should MIA be able to trade Camarillo for a draft pick, then I can see them keep Turner in that scenario..

20. Lorenzo Rules

Lorenzo Rules A True Fan

the problem with this is that we dont have any trade bait our stock is bare as a babys butt.

21. SabanHater

SabanHater ***** in the House!

do you think someone will give us back our #9 pick for Ginn? Wouldn't that be great

22. McMichael

McMichael Seasoned Veteran

I think we need to somehow arrange a private workout with Al Davis and Ted Ginn... Get Ginn to just run in straight lines for an hour. Then we show him all the kick and punt returns from college and NFL and tell him "if your offense can't score this guy will score on special teams for you, he is too fast".

If our execs did that we could walk out with a 1'st or at the very least their high 2'nd... instead of a 3'rd like Ginn is probably really worth.

23. qmar

qmar Well-Known Member

Wow, I think this is a bit unrealistic. I would love to get an Andre type WR, but we're talking about the TOP tier of WR's. He's there with Larry Fitz, Moss, and maybe Wayne and Calvin Johnson. I'm sure you just meant a #1, but as you will see, that may not be that easy.

I think we are more likely to land a Brandon Marshall/Boldin type but this may be very difficult as well. I just don't see Denver letting Marshall go (unless he goes off and does something stupid again). Boldin we would have to get in a trade. We are not getting Vincent Jackson. There is no way the Chargers let him go after taking the 2-3 years of developement time. He gets a big contract from the Chargers next year. Than to get a playmaking TE on top of all of this is a bit of a stretch as well. I think you have to expect Parcells to go defense again for the first couple of picks and I don't think we sign a playmaking TE in FA.

24. McMichael

McMichael Seasoned Veteran

I think next years receivers will be

#1 Either draft, free agent, or trade.
    #2 ginn
    #3 hartline.. trade or cut either camarillo/turner, keep Bess and let him play slot only.. if we had a real threat on the outside it would free up Ginn and Bess so much more than they are now.

We NEED a #1 receiver through either draft or FA.

25. wildvillage519

wildvillage519 Starter

I think we would be able to trade Charlie Anderson for a 3rd or 4th round pick. I wouldn't want to because I really like CA, but I think some other team would go for that.

I also think Phiilip Merling could fetch us a mid-to-late round pick.

26. Slim

Slim VIPeezy

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

27. haoleboy

haoleboy Starter

Why, I mean WHY not see what Turner can do on the field? WR has been the biggest area of complaints all year yet we have a BIG dude with hands not seeing the field. Just give him a shot!!!!!!

28. eger

eger Starter

Matt Roth... oh wait...

29. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

I am not sure Marshall would be a stretch here. You could give up a mid first round pick and get Marshall from Denver (which "oh by the way" we are going to have).

The question: "Would the front office trade the pick and is it beneficial to the needs of the team?"

Value wise I am certain you would not get such an immediate impact out anyone you draft in this year’s draft.

Look at the needs: LB, WR, NT, Safety and TE (listed in no particular importance).

If you are not going to draft a LB in the first why not trade the pick for a receiver of Marshall’s size and talent? You would spend less money then you would on the first round pick and fill a need with a young player. Of course his behavior in the drawback and he has been labeled as a “pour mans TO”, which probably kills this speculation in its tracks.

None the less it is at least interesting conversation to speculate on between now and the draft.

30. BigNastyDB13

BigNastyDB13 A True Fan

Andre Johnson is a top 3 WR if not the best. Going to be kind of tough to find a WR anywhere close to him. Be awesome if we drafted someone who ends up being top 3 but its asking a lot.

31. BigNastyDB13

BigNastyDB13 A True Fan

I'd want at least a 3rd for Merling. He was the 32nd guy taken just 2 yrs ago. I'd prefer to keep him if we can't get anything better than a 3rd.

32. R_t_Kraken

R_t_Kraken A True Fan

:lol: Good joke. We'd be lucky for someone to even trade a pick for Ginn. Should someone be that eager for a kick returner, maybe we'll get a 5th or 6th.

Bell is not worth any 2nd either. Maybe a 4th. Talk about overvaluing our players.