Playoffs or not, Ireland's got to go | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs or not, Ireland's got to go

Can't imagine its happened too often. Still though, look at his 2nd round picks since being here. Even if you want to say he's not responsible for Pat White because that was a Parcells guy, whatever. In reality he hasnt drafted a single player besides Charles Clay outside of the first round who isn't totally replaceable.
Even his first round picks aren't anything special. I'm sold on Tannehill now, but Dion Jordan hasn't done anything, Pouncey is a good player but centers grow on trees, Odrick is good but we could have had Dez Bryant or Demaryius Thomas, and Gronk or Hernandez later in that draft. That could have set us up very nicely offensively at this point.
The bottom line is that Jeff Ireland has been at best unimpressive and at worst incompetent over the last few years. If you take 08 and 09 into account, then the guy shouldve been out the door with Soprano. We can do a lot better than Jeff.

hartline, jones, carroll.....I wouldn't look to replace them. if you would.....totally disagree. your not watching or givingcred where its due. the whole reason there is still is a debate on Ireland is because he did score on guys.

I think Martin f'd this team on the OL. Ireland cant be a genius to know he would pull this stunt. the only thing here could be the golf course deal and Ireland deciding to keep incog. lot of money wasted this year.

Martin was one bad player that left an already bad o-line. Many of us knew he wasn't a very talented lineman long before Ireland decided that Martin was good enough that we could even move him to the left side. Ireland didn't find us a decent left tackle because his piss poor evaluation of Martin's talent made him think Martin was the guy.

And Ireland brought in Incognito. Is there any place that Incognito has played that wanted to keep him once his contract was up? Is there a college that he played for that didn't bounce his dysfunctional sociopathic ass out the door? Anyone that looked into his past even a little bit had to know that Incognito was going to cause trouble for us at some point. Apparently, that didn't bother Ireland because he signed him anyway.

So no, Ireland couldn't predict what JMartin was going to do, but he damn sure could have predicted the trouble Incognito would cause.

hartline, jones, carroll.....I wouldn't look to replace them. if you would.....totally disagree. your not watching or givingcred where its due. the whole reason there is still is a debate on Ireland is because he did score on guys.

I'd get rid of Carroll in a heartbeat. That dude gets lost out there too often. But yes, Ireland has managed to find a few late round nuggets that outshine his earlier picks... the one's that should be way more reliable. As someone said here earlier this week, Ireland is great at finding 5th round talent in the 2nd round.

Just reading the breakdown of his career failures with offensive line draft picks and free agent busts tells me that there is a level of incompetence that is just not tolerable. Add in the fact that we spent 2 2nd-round picks for Marshall and got two 3rds back with no playoff appearances in his too-short tenure and just a whole bevy more of total clown shoes moves? Come.On.
You just can't squander resources like that. They're just too precious to be left in the hand of someone who has PROVEN to fail at the most critical part of his job. Then, add in the fact that he's not respected by players league wide and the whole executive branch seem like douchebags and you have a recipe for contraction or relocation of the franchise. He inspires loathing.

After squeaking out a win vs NE, I said it was up to the players, but the utter lack of depth and talent at OT, OG and LB just makes contending for playoff legitimacy a non-reality. Then you factor in that our coaching has proven pretty clueless and out of their depth, at least with Philbin and Sherman (package deal, as well as the sick nepotism of the QB coach hire) and there's just an insane level of incompetence there.

Sherman was Tanny's set of training wheels in year one (when Ireland's WR debacle crippled Tanny's chance at rookie success), but those training wheels are nothing but a hindrance.

Listen, tenure has to be earned. Good executives stay because they're good, not the other way around. I think people confuse the dynamic. Stability is earned by competence.

Ross needs a GM that can look at our current roster and determine who the right coaches would be to maximize our personnel with the least amount of roster tweaking. Who has the scheme concepts to best utilize our talent? Certainly not Sherman and Coyle's stewardship is in some question as well. As far as Philbin goes, I'm just not sure there's a 'there' there. I've been floating the term 'cipher' since Hard Knocks regarding Philbin. Guys like Dansby are run out of town while 'cheap-shot' Wheeler is brought in to flat-out lose us ball games. You could tell that Philbin hated the leadership council. How dare veteran players assert leadership!
These are Ireland's guys. I think they gotz t' Go-Go Go.

136490_700b-1.jpg

Martin was one bad player that left an already bad o-line. Many of us knew he wasn't a very talented lineman long before Ireland decided that Martin was good enough that we could even move him to the left side. Ireland didn't find us a decent left tackle because his piss poor evaluation of Martin's talent made him think Martin was the guy.

And Ireland brought in Incognito. Is there any place that Incognito has played that wanted to keep him once his contract was up? Is there a college that he played for that didn't bounce his dysfunctional sociopathic ass out the door? Anyone that looked into his past even a little bit had to know that Incognito was going to cause trouble for us at some point. Apparently, that didn't bother Ireland because he signed him anyway.

So no, Ireland couldn't predict what JMartin was going to do, but he damn sure could have predicted the trouble Incognito would cause.

three years later? Some think Suh is a troublemaker....would you take him. and remember, incog made the PB last year. that aint easy to do.

hindsight 20-20. fits the fieland agenda. one point 4 you.

Just reading the breakdown of his career failures with offensive line draft picks and free agent busts tells me that there is a level of incompetence that is just not tolerable. Add in the fact that we spent 2 2nd-round picks for Marshall and got two 3rds back with no playoff appearances in his too-short tenure and just a whole bevy more of total clown shoes moves? Come.On.
You just can't squander resources like that. They're just too precious to be left in the hand of someone who has PROVEN to fail at the most critical part of his job. Then, add in the fact that he's not respected by players league wide and the whole executive branch seem like douchebags and you have a recipe for contraction or relocation of the franchise. He inspires loathing.

After squeaking out a win vs NE, I said it was up to the players, but the utter lack of depth and talent at OT, OG and LB just makes contending for playoff legitimacy a non-reality. Then you factor in that our coaching has proven pretty clueless and out of their depth, at least with Philbin and Sherman (package deal, as well as the sick nepotism of the QB coach hire) and there's just an insane level of incompetence there.

Sherman was Tanny's set of training wheels in year one (when Ireland's WR debacle crippled Tanny's chance at rookie success), but those training wheels are nothing but a hindrance.

Listen, tenure has to be earned. Good executives stay because they're good, not the other way around. I think people confuse the dynamic. Stability is earned by competence.

Ross needs a GM that can look at our current roster and determine who the right coaches would be to maximize our personnel with the least amount of roster tweaking. Who has the scheme concepts to best utilize our talent? Certainly not Sherman and Coyle's stewardship is in some question as well. As far as Philbin goes, I'm just not sure there's a 'there' there. I've been floating the term 'cipher' since Hard Knocks regarding Philbin. Guys like Dansby are run out of town while 'cheap-shot' Wheeler is brought in to flat-out lose us ball games. You could tell that Philbin hated the leadership council. How dare veteran players assert leadership!
These are Ireland's guys. I think they gotz t' Go-Go Go.

This is like your 20th hate post on Ireland.

three years later? Some think Suh is a troublemaker....would you take him. and remember, incog made the PB last year. that aint easy to do.

hindsight 20-20. fits the fieland agenda. one point 4 you.

Apples and oranges. Incognito causes off the field trouble for his own team and he's done that EVERY F'N PLACE HE'S PLAYED. Bounced out of Nebraska, bounced out of Oregon in 1 week, unwelcome in St. Louis when his contract expired, unwelcome in Buffalo when his contract expired. Defend him and Ireland's signing of him all you want, it's not going to change how many feel about either.

Apples and oranges. Incognito causes off the field trouble for his own team and he's done that EVERY F'N PLACE HE'S PLAYED. Bounced out of Nebraska, bounced out of Oregon in 1 week, unwelcome in St. Louis when his contract expired, unwelcome in Buffalo when his contract expired. Defend him and Ireland's signing of him all you want, it's not going to change how many feel about either.

im not defending Ireland or incog. just pointed out facts. incog was a good boy for years after buffalo.

man will yall stop obsessing over Ireland. Its like some of yall dont care about anything else. Even if we won the superbowl, the first thing on your mind is FIRE IRELAND. Man do yall ever get tired of repeating yourself.

By the way MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

I really dont care what Incognito did somewhere else. I feel he was falsely accused. I am not comfortable with a thief like Martin to dictate what should happen with an organization. Your only problem should be has Incognito done wrong to the dolphins.

I really dont care what Incognito did somewhere else.
Then you'd be a lousy GM just like Ireland.

I feel he was falsely accused. I am not comfortable with a thief like Martin to dictate what should happen with an organization.
Was he falsely accused of groping that woman at the golf tournament too? And I'm not sure what you mean by Martin being able to "dictate what should happen with an organization." The organization made their own decisions. Martin didn't "dictate" anything. But feel free to show me anything the Dolphins did because JMartin told them they had to do it.

Your only problem should be has Incognito done wrong to the dolphins.
He was part of the problem that brought on this drama. He shares in the blame. He's a douche raised by a douche who tried to come on this board and steer the argument. I'm very happy to see his ass moving on.

Last year it was the WRs and we had to do something about that. We upgraded the position at the expense of the OL and look where that's gotten us. Hans only has so many fingers to plug the dyke. Year to year Ireland seems to be doing the best he can with what hes got. As far as the draft goes its a crap shoot he hits and misses like most GMs, some better some worse.

Im just looking for a little continuity between the GM and HC for a few years. I like the looks of the progress of the WCO and would like to see how that develops into next year with or without Ireland. I wish I could say the same about Sherman but I think we are going to have to let him tag along. When this O is hitting on all cylinders it is unstoppable and I see flashes of that

Was he falsely accused of groping that woman at the golf tournament too?

Totally separate incident and I pay no attention to people who only want to make noisy about something when they feel they can capitalize off of it. She felt it wasnt much of an issue then dont come later screaming and yelling.

And I'm not sure what you mean by Martin being able to "dictate what should happen with an organization." The organization made their own decisions. Martin didn't "dictate" anything. But feel free to show me anything the Dolphins did because JMartin told them they had to do it.

He was part of the problem that brought on this drama. He shares in the blame. He's a douche raised by a douche who tried to come on this board and steer the argument. I'm very happy to see his ass moving on.

Yes or No do you really believe Martin left because of Incognito?

Back
Top Bottom