Playoffs, Playoffs???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Playoffs, Playoffs????

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Between NE, Jax, Ten, Pit, KC, Buf, etc........The playoffs are looking further in the rearview mirror for the Fins. Not that most of us expected to make them anyway however it is putrid to go through another failed season. Buffalo loses by 37 points at home to N,O, today and are still ahead of he Fins. Do you think the Fins go into Buffalo and do that to the Bills? I don't think so. We would make them look like champions. With 2 games remaining against the Patriots and the Bills are goal would be considered arduous. So in the immortal words of Jim Mora the playoffs are a pipedream for sure.

We're closer to a top 10 pick than we are to making the playoffs. As of now we'd be drafting 14

Ozzy rules!!

Yeah it’s nice to say you made the playoffs. But this team is not built to succeed in the playoffs if they should get so lucky. All a playoff berth would do is embarrass Miami on a national stage and hurt their draft standing. Hell, it might even fool the staff into keeping players that shouldn’t be here next year because they made the playoffs with them.

Yeah it’s nice to say you made the playoffs. But this team is not built to succeed in the playoffs if they should get so lucky. All a playoff berth would do is embarrass Miami on a national stage and hurt their draft standing. Hell, it might even fool the staff into keeping players that shouldn’t be here next year because they made the playoffs with them.

Isn't this their story year after year? It's getting quite tiresome.

Last edited:
Making the playoffs is always better IMHO no matter what....

Granted I'm not saying we should / would...

But if Denver could pull one out tonight, today would certainly be very encouraging....

If would make tomorrow's must win a lot more intriguing....

I certainly don't see us making the playoffs this season for sure. This team has a long way to go before we start talking playoffs.

We're closer to a top 10 pick than we are to making the playoffs. As of now we'd be drafting 14

Ozzy rules!!

Are you sure, I count Miami as one of only 7 teams in the AFC at .500 or better, so 9 teams in the AFC alone are behind Miami. I doubt all but 4 teams in the NFC are .500 or better.

Last edited:
The simple fact is Miami still controls their own destiny facing New England twice and being two games behind them. Until that equation is out of the picture I don't see the point of offseason talk.

The simple fact is Miami still controls their own destiny facing New England twice and being two games behind them. Until that equation is out of the picture I don't see the point of offseason talk.

Not to mention only being 1/2 game behind Buffalo for the final wildcard spot and playing they twice down the stretch. I'm nit saying Miami is going to make it, but Buffalo and Jacksonville didn't look like teams you would just conseed a playoff spot to today. Let's see where we stand at week 10 or 12 before we start counting the season as over. The Carolina, Tampa, Denver, and both Buffalo games could go either way. The CHiefs could have their division wrapped up prior to week 16 and could be resting players when they play Miami. So it's possible that only the 2 Patriot games will be out of the question, and even they have looked vulnerable at times.

Last edited:
Are you sure, I count Miami as one of only 7 teams in the AFC at .500 or better, so 9 teams in the AFC alone are behind Miami. I doubt all but 4 teams in the NFC are .500 or better.
As of right now there are 14 teams with lower records than ours so actually we'd pick 15 at this time. Of course that will change after tomorrow night one way or the other. If we lose we'd draft a little higher and if we win then a little lower. Long way to go yet but at this time I'd think we'll be drafting middle of the first round once again unless T-dumb decides to trade our 1st round pick to the Eagles for the eagles 2nd round pick....lol

Ozzy rules!!

As of right now there are 14 teams with lower records than ours so actually we'd pick 15 at this time. Of course that will change after tomorrow night one way or the other. If we lose we'd draft a little higher and if we win then a little lower. Long way to go yet but at this time I'd think we'll be drafting middle of the first round once again unless T-dumb decides to trade our 1st round pick to the Eagles for the eagles 2nd round pick....lol

Ozzy rules!!

I guess I'm off some how. I count 9 AFC teams as below .500 (Jets, Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Texans, Colts, Raiders, Broncos and Chargers) and 6 NFC teams (Redskins, Giants, Bears, Bucs, Cardinals and 49ers). That would mean Miami would be 16th at the moment wouldn't it? Which teams with losing records would be ahead of Miami's 4-4?

Between NE, Jax, Ten, Pit, KC, Buf, etc........The playoffs are looking further in the rearview mirror for the Fins. Not that most of us expected to make them anyway however it is putrid to go through another failed season. Buffalo loses by 37 points at home to N,O, today and are still ahead of he Fins. Do you think the Fins go into Buffalo and do that to the Bills? I don't think so. We would make them look like champions. With 2 games remaining against the Patriots and the Bills are goal would be considered arduous. So in the immortal words of Jim Mora the playoffs are a pipedream for sure.

Buffalo lol

Well NE, Pittsburgh, and KC are division leaders and will get in that way. Jags and Titans are going to be a division winner and the other a possible WC. You say Buffalo is ahead of Miami. Well yes, they’ve played a game more so that makes sense.

If Miami for whatever reason was to win tomorrow they’d be tied for the 6th seed. That’s all that matters after tomorrow should it happen that way.

Back
Top Bottom