Please clarify..When is the earliest we can hire a Head Coach? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please clarify..When is the earliest we can hire a Head Coach?

zach attach

Active Roster
Reaction score
Afterthe game on Sunday, can Ross name a HC? Does the season end there, or after the playoffs and SB? I believe I heard it said that Ross can interview potentials like Gruden, Billick and Cowher now, while working coaches need to wait until the season is over.

Can someone clear this up, thank you.

Right after the regular season ends on Sunday. Ross can "officially" start interviewing candidates on Monday. Don't think though that this will only take hours or a few days. This will probably take around 1-2 weeks until a head coach is introduced.

As long prospective coaches team are in the regular season or playoffs the Dolphins can't talk to them. The exception is the 4 teams that get byes can have coaches interviewed the first week. After that, no coach can be interviewed until his team is eliminated from the playoffs.

I can't wait to get them in here so they can start going through their offseason strategies!!!

Now. (unless, as previously stated, the coach in question's team is still playing)

I know we have Ross on "Airplane watch" and thats good to know where he's going. I believe the next really exciting thing for me is the process of interviewing. Who comes to town, how many get interviewed, and the fans and media's reactions. I still am on the fence about the next game. Yes, id love to eliminate the jests, but I'm also looking at the draft placement. So hard! Haha!

Can't be now. He has to officially give an interview to a minority even though Bowles is coaching the team, he has to grant him an interview for the position of head coach.

Highly doubtful they would interview more than one candidate per day so the first round of interviews will probably take a week, second round could take another week and then they have to negotiate a contract with the potential head coach's agent. If they come to an agreement I would say it could be close to 3 weeks...if the coach and his agent don't like the contract and decide they don't want to be part of the organization then the process could take longer.

I would rather they be very thorough and careful in the process than hurry the process through and screw it up...again.

I know we have Ross on "Airplane watch" and thats good to know where he's going. I believe the next really exciting thing for me is the process of interviewing. Who comes to town, how many get interviewed, and the fans and media's reactions. I still am on the fence about the next game. Yes, id love to eliminate the jests, but I'm also looking at the draft placement. So hard! Haha!

You can look at it as a win-win situation....that's how I'm looking at it. If we win and knock out the Jets, awesome! If we lose and move up in the draft, awesome! Either way I won't be disappointed.

You can look at it as a win-win situation....that's how I'm looking at it. If we win and knock out the Jets, awesome! If we lose and move up in the draft, awesome! Either way I won't be disappointed.

Im with you there, I'll celebrate the outcome either way..

And Im with you on being thorough. I was wanting to know when was the earliest we could BEGIN (Not soon enough!) these important interviews. I think all of us fans can't wait!! I'm very excited to get the process finally going for a very needed and wanted new hire.

More than likely Bowles will get the first interview on Monday or Tuesday of next week. This is customary for an interim head coach, then expect them to start lining up other candidates.

if it takes longer than a few weeks it tells me that our candidate is still coaching as then you can't interview anybody while their season is still going on unless they are in a bye week. Even then, you can't hire them right away

I say who cares about the Jets. I would much rather have a better draft pick. Besides, they need quite a bit of help anyway.

Back
Top Bottom