Please no David Garrard!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by tazthenomad, Sep 6, 2011.

1. tazthenomad

tazthenomad FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Armando is speculating on the possibility of our getting David Garrard. PLEASE NO!!!

Any possible chance of Henne's success would be completely sabotaged. I'm not sure it would be worth getting Carson Palmer at this point. We need to know if Henne will succeed, Palmer is a band-aid and Garrard is the second coming of Dante Culpepper.

2. Romy148

Romy148 Well-Known Member

Agree!!!Forget it we do not need that stuff now, The season starts in 2 days and I ride or Die with Henne!! He is our guy and that is it. No Garrard or Palmer.

3. callaway1234

callaway1234 Starter

I agree, it's Henne's last and final chance to see if he's improved with the personnel changes and getting rid of the dinosaur offensive coordinator. At least at the end of this season we'll know definitely whether Henne is worth keeping or not, no questions about the play-calling or any other factors.

4. Arsenal WV

Arsenal WV LIVESTRONG

How do you spell his name wrong in the title, but spell it right in the text box?

Can't explain that...

5. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

dont worry. just media gettin worked up into a frenzy again.....

i believe we have made a statement on the matter. na ga da.

6. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

what if? henne has good year but not great year? say we end up in playoffs but lose 1st round.

Do we re-up henne long term?

7. Perfect23

Perfect23 A True Fan

It depends if there is any qb worth taking with a high pick.

8. Cobra84

Cobra84 Scout Team

It would be far too late to switch QBs. Cutting him now is a classless move by the Jaguars.

9. Built2Win

Built2Win A True Fan

cutting garrard saves jaguars 8.5 million in cap space
    signing garrard after week 1 costs vet minimum
    The offensive line could cause some injuries at qb
    having a vet that has a 2 to 1 touchdown to interception ratio last year
    might just salvage the season should henne or moore falter..

This is the nfl the best of the best a little competition is not a bad thing..

10. flplaydoh

flplaydoh Scout Team

Of course we should!!!

People, lets think about this for a second... Get a starting caliber NFL QB when he is available or to improve our roster or just stay the way we are with Henne, Moore and scrubX ect..?

This isn't even a hard one, the reality is that you should always try and improve your team! The adition of an able veteran on the roster is a must, I agree that Henne should be the starter day 1 (I still don't like him) but please don't give me no stupid *** lines like "he was one of the statistically best QB's in the preseason" HEY it's the ****ing PRESEASON!!!

Lets ask this question, what if Henne gets hurt against the PATS? Wouldn't you like to have Gerrard then? This is the NFL players can get hurt a any moment and it is very important that you have a backup plan! He is 33 and is very reliable so all of you that say no must just be Henne banwagonners, we will see what your opinion is after week 1...

GO PHINS!!!

11. UHHS

UHHS Banned Hammered

I knew the second it was annnounced he was released the drums would start pounding for him to be in Miami. We have to have some of the most jacked off fans in the NFL. I can see why the national media just mostly ignores S. Florida. Combine that with some of the worst overall media coverage and beat writers on the planet earth and yeah, its pitiful.

12. enJeppesen

enJeppesen Well-Known Member

He will never sign for vet min. 4-5 mio a year at least.

13. uga3406

uga3406 Pro Bowler

I think he has a better chance of ending up in seattle then miami

14. Built2Win

Built2Win A True Fan

Peyton manning having serious neck issues i could see indi calling or san fran or washington

15. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

This isn't happening until after the first week so the fans will get their first dose of Henne in a meaningful game in 2011 before this will happen. If Henne comes out and balls and the offense looks good, this will be an afterthough . . . but if Chad has a 1 TD, 2 INT performance and the Dolphins lose . . . .well, his name is going to be tossed around alot in connection with Miami.

That being said, I don't see how Indy doesn't jump on this . . . especially if Manning is hurt.

16. SuperMarksBros.

SuperMarksBros. Formerly Fiedler for MVP

Yeah what a horrible signing that would be. Winner, career 61% completions and 2 to 1 td-int ratio, all this while having a running back and incosistent Mike Sims-Walker as his best weapons, and all this while being backed by one of the bottom defenses in the league. Unless Henne has improved considerably, Garrard would easily be the best QB on our roster.

17. flplaydoh

flplaydoh Scout Team

I totally agree, the guy is a starter that the Jags just didn't want to pay when they already are on the hook for the rookie Gabbert.

18. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

It all depends on your comfort zone with Henne, I don't see Garrard getting signed here, but Palmer is another story.

I would love to have Palmer here should the Henne of the past resurface once again, it could be the difference between a special year and another losing one.

19. enJeppesen

enJeppesen Well-Known Member

So you think the Colts, who have 32 million dollars invested in the QB position this season alone will bench Kerry Collins and get Garrard? I highly doubt that. Seahawks is a team that could be interested, though.

20. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

If he's still WC-style mobile, it's likely he'll end up in the bay area ripping his hair out over Teddy Ginn's route-running and tackle-avoidance and Braylon's stone mitts... by their 6th game. Right now that's all they've got. Somehow I'd think Harbaugh would prefer him as a Kaerpernick mentor to Alex Smith :idk:

21. walt

walt A True Fan

I knew the second it was announced that someone on Finheaven would post a thread against the idea of signing him, and everyone would be lining up to agree. I realize that as defending SB champs we don't need to improve, but what exactly is wrong with bringing in a proven starting QB to back up Henne in case he falters?

22. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Fixed spelling in title for those who care :idk:

23. Cauby

Cauby Banned Hammered

David Garrad, would be a down grade. The last few games against us, he sucked BALLS. We destroyed him. No chance we bring him in, it would make no sense.

24. Skunkape Serape

Skunkape Serape Active Member

He's had two career regular season games vs. us. One was a bad game, the other was a good game.

What really makes no sense is to discredit signing him for that reason.

25. Uruguayfinfan

Uruguayfinfan Uruguayan fin lover

Ugh, would be an ugly signing. If there's no upgrade over henne, i rather not get any other QB.

26. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

yea the stupidity of bringing in competent backup in case Henne fails lol

27. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

At this point they have committed to Heene with Moore waiting in the wings. I doubt Garrard lasts long with teams like SF knowing they have a crap QB and the Colts needing help in Mannings absence

The Fins need to roll with Henne and determine the direction they need to go once and for all.

28. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Why cant we roll with Henne and pick up Garrard for insurance. Undoubtedly he is a better qb than Moore, hell we can keep Moore as the third qb dont see how Garrard disrupts anything.

29. MadDog 88

Really not enough to compare Garrard with Moore but Garrard will probably be seeking more then what Miami would pay.

30. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

how is there not enough to compare. Thats like saying U cant say garrard is better than John beck. Moore lost his job in one season was replaced by a rookie midway through year and the team made no effort to resign him even with two rookies on the roster at Qb. Garrard has been a solid qb for years . Anybody in their right mind knows Garrard is a better qb than Moore. Not sayin u are not in your right mind but seriously to think that Moore waiting in wings is better than Garrard waiting in wings is crazy.

31. walt

walt A True Fan

This makes no sense. We have a wallet of unlimited size here on Finheaven.

32. Kistner10

Kistner10 Starter

I think Garrard is a decent QB but I don't think it'd be a good signing for us.

It's taken 4 years for Henne to finally win over the locker room and with Garrard as his back up, all hell would break loose after Henne's first rough outing. Plus it'd take Garrard a while to learn our new offense and by the time he learned the playbook I doubt he'd make much of an impact of our season. It would've been great a month ago but now it doesn't make much sense. Stick with Henne/Moore/Devlin, and if the season turns out to be a bust than try to get some PT for Moore/Devlin to evaluate them for next season.

33. flplaydoh

flplaydoh Scout Team

No, we should always be trying to upgrade and make the team better. We have no allegiance to Henne, if there is a better player available then you get that player.

34. napsndreds

napsndreds A True Fan

so i dont get it...if henne tanks its not good to have other options?

35. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Some things on this site perplex me like that opinion. Hell carry three qb's if need be. I mean really u would miss Spitier that friggin bad or one of our Te's. Even though I get labled all kind of things I want my team to win and if Henne goes down, Garrard is a much better option than Matt frickin Moore

36. Tureo

Tureo Seasoned Veteran

We can't bring in anyone to possibly challenge Henne. That ship has sailed an I doubt they take that chance.

37. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

nobody is going to hand him a job or let him compete at this late stage. He can come in as a backup and if the starter falters then he gets his chance. I dont get why this is such a bad idea as opposed to relying on Matt Moore who has been anything but awesome in the NFL

38. MadDog 88

No doubt Garrard is better then Moore. I like Garrard and at this point has been far better then Henne and it helps that he is free. What I dont like is the possibility of a divided locker room. They have committed to Henne at this point and should roll with it. Henne had to step up and assume a leadership roll in the lockout and reports are he did well. He seems to be better inDabolls offense and I dont like the thought of taking a step back again.

Its a tough decision and I wouldnt oppose it if they signed him I just disagree with it.

The comparison is more of how he fits the balance of the team vs where they are now mentally. I aplogize for not elaborating better.