Please no David Garrard! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please no David Garrard!

tazthenomad

Club Member
Reaction score
Armando is speculating on the possibility of our getting David Garrard. PLEASE NO!!!

Any possible chance of Henne's success would be completely sabotaged. I'm not sure it would be worth getting Carson Palmer at this point. We need to know if Henne will succeed, Palmer is a band-aid and Garrard is the second coming of Dante Culpepper.

Agree!!!Forget it we do not need that stuff now, The season starts in 2 days and I ride or Die with Henne!! He is our guy and that is it. No Garrard or Palmer.

I agree, it's Henne's last and final chance to see if he's improved with the personnel changes and getting rid of the dinosaur offensive coordinator. At least at the end of this season we'll know definitely whether Henne is worth keeping or not, no questions about the play-calling or any other factors.

How do you spell his name wrong in the title, but spell it right in the text box?

Can't explain that...

dont worry. just media gettin worked up into a frenzy again.....

i believe we have made a statement on the matter. na ga da.

what if? henne has good year but not great year? say we end up in playoffs but lose 1st round.

Do we re-up henne long term?

what if? henne has good year but not great year? say we end up in playoffs but lose 1st round.

Do we re-up henne long term?

It depends if there is any qb worth taking with a high pick.

It would be far too late to switch QBs. Cutting him now is a classless move by the Jaguars.

It would be far too late to switch QBs. Cutting him now is a classless move by the Jaguars.

cutting garrard saves jaguars 8.5 million in cap space
signing garrard after week 1 costs vet minimum
The offensive line could cause some injuries at qb
having a vet that has a 2 to 1 touchdown to interception ratio last year
might just salvage the season should henne or moore falter..

This is the nfl the best of the best a little competition is not a bad thing..

Of course we should!!!

People, lets think about this for a second... Get a starting caliber NFL QB when he is available or to improve our roster or just stay the way we are with Henne, Moore and scrubX ect..?

This isn't even a hard one, the reality is that you should always try and improve your team! The adition of an able veteran on the roster is a must, I agree that Henne should be the starter day 1 (I still don't like him) but please don't give me no stupid *** lines like "he was one of the statistically best QB's in the preseason" HEY it's the ****ing PRESEASON!!!

Lets ask this question, what if Henne gets hurt against the PATS? Wouldn't you like to have Gerrard then? This is the NFL players can get hurt a any moment and it is very important that you have a backup plan! He is 33 and is very reliable so all of you that say no must just be Henne banwagonners, we will see what your opinion is after week 1...

GO PHINS!!!

I knew the second it was annnounced he was released the drums would start pounding for him to be in Miami. We have to have some of the most jacked off fans in the NFL. I can see why the national media just mostly ignores S. Florida. Combine that with some of the worst overall media coverage and beat writers on the planet earth and yeah, its pitiful.

cutting garrard saves jaguars 8.5 million in cap space
signing garrard after week 1 costs vet minimum
The offensive line could cause some injuries at qb
having a vet that has a 2 to 1 touchdown to interception ratio last year
might just salvage the season should henne or moore falter..

This is the nfl the best of the best a little competition is not a bad thing..

He will never sign for vet min. 4-5 mio a year at least.

This isn't happening until after the first week so the fans will get their first dose of Henne in a meaningful game in 2011 before this will happen. If Henne comes out and balls and the offense looks good, this will be an afterthough . . . but if Chad has a 1 TD, 2 INT performance and the Dolphins lose . . . .well, his name is going to be tossed around alot in connection with Miami.

That being said, I don't see how Indy doesn't jump on this . . . especially if Manning is hurt.

Back
Top Bottom