Please start paying attention

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Turnaround 06, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Turnaround 06

Turnaround 06 Well-Known Member

Don't weigh in on the draft if you haven't seen the prospects play or pine for players who won't even be in the draft.

Its going to be a long offseason and some of the posts in here will make it seem like a typical Sopranos hiatus. At least read up on prospects before you comment on them. Think about what this team really needs before going on and on about a first round WR or LT you know little about.

This group is getting ridiculous. I don't know how many times I'm going to read about Brady Quinn and Vince Young. They aren't relevant. They aren't coming out. Get it through your thick skulls. You don't contribute to draft discussions by throwing in players who aren't in the draft.

And this blind "D'Brick" worship is silly, too. He was last year's hot prospect and that doesn't mean spit this year. Anyone who throws around Walter Jones as a comp player has no credibility.

Also, don't say we don't need Va Tech CB Jimmy Williams. What did Saban just say? He wants corners who tackle. Williams is big and physical and the "fan" who said we don't need him is an embarrassment. Think, stop reacting like teenagers who have watched two seasons of football.

I don' t mean to lecture but I'm sick of reading the same lazy, ill-informed threads day after day in here. Please raise the level or don't post.

2. nando03

nando03 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I agree with some of the things you say. However don't you think people are entitled to have their own opinions whether informed or not? I personally think we should take Jimmy Williams in the 1st round myself. But that doesn't mean that someone else might not want to take D'Brick.

3. nando03

Check this out and tell me what you think. This is my opinion.

Notable FA Signings:
    WR Reggie Wayne- Although not suitable to be a #1 receiver he would make a pretty good tandem with CC.

C LeCharles Bentley- He has been consistent for years and he is huge upgrade from McKinney.

OLB Julian Peterson- We have the money and with him Zach and Channing we would have a great core of LB's.

QB David Carr- I think Houston is going to draft Leinart and not give Carr the $. Carr has a great arm. Good mobility and with an HH O-line/R & R/good WR's. He could Flourish in our offense.

Trades:
    WR Marty Booker- I like Marty, he's been pretty consistent however I think Saban is going to trade him for a 3rd round pick maybe a 4th. To who you ask? Well teams like: Houston, Philly, Titans, B-more, Carolina, San D, G-Bay, or Minny.

Draft:
    1st round: CB Jimmy Williams (Miami)- Best CB in draft. Saban likes bigger CB's. He's 6' 3". He's fast, leads all CB's in tackles for losses. He is as good a corner as you can get in the draft.

2nd round: LT Marcus McNeil (Auburn)- Reunited with his buddy Ronnie Brown. He played extremely well at Auburn and could have gone in the 1st round last year had he declared. Well Tackles like Winston/Ferguson/etc have made him an early 2nd round choice for 1st round talent.

3rd round (1): QB- I would love Jay Cutler to be available here, however I don't think he will be. Therefore I would go with someone like Paul Pinnegar/Brodie Croyle/or Omar Jacobs(if he falls this far). Depending on who declares I'm sure one of these will be available here and would be a good back-up for Carr and gives us time to develop him.

3rd round (2): WR Maurice Stovall (Notre Dame)- 6'5" 220 WR who has good hands, great leaping ability and would look great on the field with CC/Wayne/Stovall in the slot with Welker in the slot as well. Has good speed and runs his routs well. I'd love to have Brady Quinn available to us to throw to him but Quinn will probably stay in school a la Leinart.

4th round: OLB- Gerris Wilkerson would be nice here. He is a big OLB like Saban likes with good speed and vision. He has played DE in college and MLB. However he won't fall that far probably so therefore we look at guys like Pierre Woods from Michigan who has also played both DE and OLB or William Kershaw from Maryland who runs a 4.55 and is 6'3" 232lbs and plays OLB. This is a project for his 2nd season in the NFL when Channing moves to MLB and Zach has most likely retired. He would be playing OLB with Peterson a great OLB for him to learn from.

Other notes:
    Travis Daniels- Moves to his natural position of FS. This is where Saban is going to play Travis and he is well suited to play FS for the fins. Spliting time with Yeremiah Bell who has come on as of late.

Lance Schulters- Moves to SS and has another solid year for us also splitting time with Travares Tillman who has been doing well lately as well.

4. Mcganiel

Mcganiel A True Fan

5. nando03

I understand that, but I figure Omar Jacobs would be a solid back up and can eventually be groomed to start. Should we pick up David Carr as a FA we wouldn't need him to start right away and Jacobs can be groomed for a few years.

6. Turnaround 06

Sorry, its just hard to respect and pay attention to people who obvioulsy don't watch college football but who tell you in the strongest terms possible "that we have to take D Brick, he's a franchise LT" or "Vince Young will solve all our QB problems this year"

Why do people who obsess about the Dolphins not take the time to learn and understand what they are talking about? Put down the bongs and the Game Boys and do some research. It isn't that hard to do.

The quality of this forum suffers big time when these draft experts weigh in on every discussion with no knowledge base.

7. nando03

I understand where you are coming from completely, but sometimes you just have to read and not really take it to heart. I love the dolphins and I do my research and I watch college football and I watch pro football. I watch players and when I find out whether or not they might be available I watch them closer. But does that mean everyone else has that kind of time? No. So I read but when I see things I don't think are realistic or someone has played too much madden I just put it behind me. Move on to the next post with some value in it.

8. dominizzo

dominizzo CAMERON EARTH WAKE

I wonder what round Omar would go

9. inFINSible

inFINSible Don't believe everything you think.

I don't know you and I don't mean to offend you but, this sounds like you're just trying to weed out those who don't agree with you.

If not....
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you think somebody's opinion doesn't count in your world, then don't read them and don't reply to them. You won't change anyone else so, the best thing to do is change yourself.

10. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Well, you said there yourself. These are people to "obsess" and not understand football, coaching or rebuilding a team. Personally, would I think Brady Quinn would be a great addition to our team? Yes, but is that going to happen? More than likely not...for two reasons. One, he's only a Junior and will probably return for his Senior year or if he does declare, he'll go to another team and two, I think Saban realizes that the offensive line is top priority for next year. Ricky and Ronnie aren't getting the holes they need nor has Frerrotte gotten the protection he needs to make effective passes.

11. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

i'm going to disagree with everything you say here because i hate you

12. Doktor Ivel

Doktor Ivel A True Fan

i like julian. we should try getting leinhart 1st round, and if we cant, we should get hawk

13. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

lol, we're going to sign FOUR huge free agents? we don't have the money for 2 of those guys (that's assuming you want to sign the draft picks)

14. RLMIAMI

RLMIAMI Starter

Unless you are a professional college scout on a NFL team, your opinion matters as much as the next guy. Offer your opinion like we all do and discuss. I live in S FLA, and to be honest with you I think I know a little more about what college talent is since my College on average fields 2 to 3 first round prospects and numerous pro bowl caliber player.. I'll give you 3 guesses to find out which college it is...here;s a hint ... My team usually beats the F out of your team ....

15. msg

msg Seasoned Veteran

if you don't want everyones opinion theres always the VIP forum

16. nando03

I may be wrong, but according to other threads on here and confirmation that I read on those threads from guys like Clumpy we are in a very favorable cap situation. Like top 5 in the league as far as money available for next year. Plus that was before we traded away Feeley and his contract. Also not taking into consideration that Seau might retire at the end of the year as well. Reggie Howards contract most like will not be with us as well.

So I think we will have the money to sign guys like Julian Peterson, Reggie Wayne, and still sign our draft picks.

17. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

we have about 10-12 million under the cap IF we make some moves, and it's POSSIBLE after a TON of different deals that we could end up with 20+ million. regardless, there's NO WAY we would sign all those guys. first of all, i doubt ANY of them want to play here. MAYBE julian peterson. if we were to get the other guys, we'd have to break the bank for them, thus not allowing us sign our draft picks

18. Turnaround 06

Its not everyone. Its the dopes who continue to bring faulty premises into every discussion and this new idiot who is intent on telling everybody that Miami can't even sign two free agents this offseason.

Further proof that Miami fans are as ignorant and clueless as even Jet fans. Its sad. They don't even try to know what they are talking about.

Draft time should be a blast with this collection of Forrest Gumps. "Draft Brady Quinn or Vince Young, draft Joe Delaney, draft the injured Left Tackle, Draft OJ"

If it weren't so pathetic it would be funny

"I hate you, so I'm going to disagree with everything you said"

That about sums up the collective intelligence of many "fans" in here.

19. nando03

Reggie Wayne I'm sure would like to come home to Miami. Julian Peterson I'm sure would love to play here. We should be about 25+Million under the cap next offseason. That's what I read. Without taking into consideration Feeley and Howard. Why would we not do whats best to help us. Peterson is young as well as Wayne. Guys who would produce for a while. Believe me we'll be able to afford our draft picks. They aren't going to be gettin Ronnie Brown money. We aren't going to be picking #2 in the draft I hope. We'll have money for 2-4 big FA signings and some left over. You think David Carr is going to get a huge contract? Lets be real here. He'll be given a chance to start and based on his stats most teams won't give him that money with the other QB's available.

20. Turnaround 06

21. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

reggie wayne is from new orleans. we will ONLY be 25+ million under the cap if we make a TON of different deals. mueller said it was POSSIBLE to have that big of a number, and somehow everyone thinks it's set in stone. it's most likely to be around 10 million. but no matter how much it is, we just won't sign that many big names. get real. big names don't want to play for bad teams, period. the vikings signed 3 good defensive players last year, and they had about 30 million under the cap, AND they were a good team last year. there's no chance we get those guys. and carr will get a lot of money (if he's even released, which he probably won't be)

22. nando03

Well Reggie Wayne played at Miami chief! I think players do want to play in Miami. We'll have the money to sign them. It's not going to take much to be further then 10 million under the cap. We are 10+ under the cap as we speak. probably closer to 15 if I'm not mistaken. If Houston picks 1st Carr could be out.

23. kastofsna120

kastofsna120 A True Fan

oooooooh! never would've known that if not for you

guess what? "home" is not where you played college. that logic is out

24. ether79

ether79 Down but not out!

While I agree with the premise of your post there is a better way to go about this. Instead of being holier than thou, you could possibly take on what you don't like to see with a case against what you see as wrong. If you see someone that says don't draft J. Williams tell them why they are wrong..if you don;t want to do that ignore the guy..that is what the ignore function is for.

25. nando03

I'm sorry you are right. Since Reggie Wayne played college ball at Miami and has spent considerable amount of time there, he might want to come play here over other places because of that. I don't think that logic would be out just because his "home" was in New O. I'm sure he would be happy playing in the same city where he went to college.

26. badfoot

badfoot nonpredictor

I find if a post is that bad the best thing to do is ignore it and dont post on it ... that may be the only way to not get mad for your sake.

27. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Help save our Reefs ~ www.ReefCheck.org

Actually, home is where someone feels home is.
    He could love Miami from playing here or he could hate Miami from playing here. Only Reggie would know that so I really don't think you can rule out that logic, you just can't count on it.

I don't think the logic of players not wanting to come here based on past records is going to be an issue either.
    Teams can turn the tide in a few years now in the NFL and I'm sure the players are well aware of that.

If a FA speaks with an organization's mgmt, coaches, players and comes away feeling they agree with the strategy and direction the team is going in then I don't see past records meaning squat in the end. JMO.

28. nando03

Agreed!

29. caneaddict

caneaddict Pro Bowler

What NFL team do you work for?

Your opinion that D'Brick and Young are garbage runs counter to what every knowledgeable scout has said. Maybe YOU should watch more football and stop posting until you get a better understanding of the game.

Young and Brady are both leaning towards staying in school but that does not guarantee that they will. There will be millions of dollars waiting for them.

Personally I don't want D'Brick, I really like Young but in no way would I consider someone not knowledgeable because they disagree with me.

And for those of you that say we should sign Wayne, I fully agree the main problem is that Pioli said there is no way they let him go. They will do anything necessary to keep Reggie; he's as productive (if not more so) than Harrison and is younger. They have the best QB in the game so taking away his weapons doesn't make alot of sense.

30. FinfanInBuffalo

FinfanInBuffalo Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

What? Ronnie Brown is averaging 4.8 yards per carry and have allowed only 14 sacks.

31. DolphinzD

DolphinzD Boom!! How you like that??

How do you know Quinn and Young aren't coming out?? Have they told you personally?? I know it would make sense, especially for Quinn, to stay because Notre Dame will have a great shot at the National Championship next year, but there's no guarantee. And a lot of the posts I have read have said "I would like Quinn IF he comes out" or "I would like Young IF he comes out." Shame on these "thick-skulled" fans for speculating on what might or might not happen.

32. Winbaby#23

Winbaby#23 A True Fan

I watched Omar Jacobs play last night, wasn't impressed with him at all. I hope we don't draft him.

33. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG ~LACUNA LEGIONS~

Sorry, but I think this thread is posted in extremely bad taste. No class what so ever in my opinion. Someone should ban this guy fom all further draft discussion until it's over. That's my personal opinion on the subject....

PHINZ RULE!!!