Please start paying attention | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please start paying attention

Turnaround 06

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Don't weigh in on the draft if you haven't seen the prospects play or pine for players who won't even be in the draft.

Its going to be a long offseason and some of the posts in here will make it seem like a typical Sopranos hiatus. At least read up on prospects before you comment on them. Think about what this team really needs before going on and on about a first round WR or LT you know little about.

This group is getting ridiculous. I don't know how many times I'm going to read about Brady Quinn and Vince Young. They aren't relevant. They aren't coming out. Get it through your thick skulls. You don't contribute to draft discussions by throwing in players who aren't in the draft.

And this blind "D'Brick" worship is silly, too. He was last year's hot prospect and that doesn't mean spit this year. Anyone who throws around Walter Jones as a comp player has no credibility.

Also, don't say we don't need Va Tech CB Jimmy Williams. What did Saban just say? He wants corners who tackle. Williams is big and physical and the "fan" who said we don't need him is an embarrassment. Think, stop reacting like teenagers who have watched two seasons of football.

I don' t mean to lecture but I'm sick of reading the same lazy, ill-informed threads day after day in here. Please raise the level or don't post.

Turnaround 06 said:
Don't weigh in on the draft if you haven't seen the prospects play or pine for players who won't even be in the draft.

Its going to be a long offseason and some of the posts in here will make it seem like a typical Sopranos hiatus. At least read up on prospects before you comment on them. Think about what this team really needs before going on and on about a first round WR or LT you know little about.

This group is getting ridiculous. I don't know how many times I'm going to read about Brady Quinn and Vince Young. They aren't relevant. They aren't coming out. Get it through your thick skulls. You don't contribute to draft discussions by throwing in players who aren't in the draft.

And this blind "D'Brick" worship is silly, too. He was last year's hot prospect and that doesn't mean spit this year. Anyone who throws around Walter Jones as a comp player has no credibility.

Also, don't say we don't need Va Tech CB Jimmy Williams. What did Saban just say? He wants corners who tackle. Williams is big and physical and the "fan" who said we don't need him is an embarrassment. Think, stop reacting like teenagers who have watched two seasons of football.

I don' t mean to lecture but I'm sick of reading the same lazy, ill-informed threads day after day in here. Please raise the level or don't post.

I agree with some of the things you say. However don't you think people are entitled to have their own opinions whether informed or not? I personally think we should take Jimmy Williams in the 1st round myself. But that doesn't mean that someone else might not want to take D'Brick.

Check this out and tell me what you think. This is my opinion.

Notable FA Signings:
WR Reggie Wayne- Although not suitable to be a #1 receiver he would make a pretty good tandem with CC.

C LeCharles Bentley- He has been consistent for years and he is huge upgrade from McKinney.

OLB Julian Peterson- We have the money and with him Zach and Channing we would have a great core of LB's.

QB David Carr- I think Houston is going to draft Leinart and not give Carr the $. Carr has a great arm. Good mobility and with an HH O-line/R & R/good WR's. He could Flourish in our offense.

Trades:
WR Marty Booker- I like Marty, he's been pretty consistent however I think Saban is going to trade him for a 3rd round pick maybe a 4th. To who you ask? Well teams like: Houston, Philly, Titans, B-more, Carolina, San D, G-Bay, or Minny.

Draft:
1st round: CB Jimmy Williams (Miami)- Best CB in draft. Saban likes bigger CB's. He's 6' 3". He's fast, leads all CB's in tackles for losses. He is as good a corner as you can get in the draft.

2nd round: LT Marcus McNeil (Auburn)- Reunited with his buddy Ronnie Brown. He played extremely well at Auburn and could have gone in the 1st round last year had he declared. Well Tackles like Winston/Ferguson/etc have made him an early 2nd round choice for 1st round talent.

3rd round (1): QB- I would love Jay Cutler to be available here, however I don't think he will be. Therefore I would go with someone like Paul Pinnegar/Brodie Croyle/or Omar Jacobs(if he falls this far). Depending on who declares I'm sure one of these will be available here and would be a good back-up for Carr and gives us time to develop him.

3rd round (2): WR Maurice Stovall (Notre Dame)- 6'5" 220 WR who has good hands, great leaping ability and would look great on the field with CC/Wayne/Stovall in the slot with Welker in the slot as well. Has good speed and runs his routs well. I'd love to have Brady Quinn available to us to throw to him but Quinn will probably stay in school a la Leinart.

4th round: OLB- Gerris Wilkerson would be nice here. He is a big OLB like Saban likes with good speed and vision. He has played DE in college and MLB. However he won't fall that far probably so therefore we look at guys like Pierre Woods from Michigan who has also played both DE and OLB or William Kershaw from Maryland who runs a 4.55 and is 6'3" 232lbs and plays OLB. This is a project for his 2nd season in the NFL when Channing moves to MLB and Zach has most likely retired. He would be playing OLB with Peterson a great OLB for him to learn from.

Other notes:
Travis Daniels- Moves to his natural position of FS. This is where Saban is going to play Travis and he is well suited to play FS for the fins. Spliting time with Yeremiah Bell who has come on as of late.

Lance Schulters- Moves to SS and has another solid year for us also splitting time with Travares Tillman who has been doing well lately as well.

Mcganiel said:
Did yo see Omar Jacobs play last night. He's got good numbers but he just doesn't look comfortable in the pocket. Nice numbers, check it out http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=134244

I understand that, but I figure Omar Jacobs would be a solid back up and can eventually be groomed to start. Should we pick up David Carr as a FA we wouldn't need him to start right away and Jacobs can be groomed for a few years.

nando03 said:
I agree with some of the things you say. However don't you think people are entitled to have their own opinions whether informed or not? I personally think we should take Jimmy Williams in the 1st round myself. But that doesn't mean that someone else might not want to take D'Brick.

Sorry, its just hard to respect and pay attention to people who obvioulsy don't watch college football but who tell you in the strongest terms possible "that we have to take D Brick, he's a franchise LT" or "Vince Young will solve all our QB problems this year"

Why do people who obsess about the Dolphins not take the time to learn and understand what they are talking about? Put down the bongs and the Game Boys and do some research. It isn't that hard to do.

The quality of this forum suffers big time when these draft experts weigh in on every discussion with no knowledge base.

Turnaround 06 said:
Sorry, its just hard to respect and pay attention to people who obvioulsy don't watch college football but who tell you in the strongest terms possible "that we have to take D Brick, he's a franchise LT" or "Vince Young will solve all our QB problems this year"

Why do people who obsess about the Dolphins not take the time to learn and understand what they are talking about? Put down the bongs and the Game Boys and do some research. It isn't that hard to do.

The quality of this forum suffers big time when these draft experts weigh in on every discussion with no knowledge base.

I understand where you are coming from completely, but sometimes you just have to read and not really take it to heart. I love the dolphins and I do my research and I watch college football and I watch pro football. I watch players and when I find out whether or not they might be available I watch them closer. But does that mean everyone else has that kind of time? No. So I read but when I see things I don't think are realistic or someone has played too much madden I just put it behind me. Move on to the next post with some value in it.

Turnaround 06 said:

I don't know you and I don't mean to offend you but, this sounds like you're just trying to weed out those who don't agree with you.

If not....
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you think somebody's opinion doesn't count in your world, then don't read them and don't reply to them. You won't change anyone else so, the best thing to do is change yourself.

Turnaround 06 said:

Well, you said there yourself. These are people to "obsess" and not understand football, coaching or rebuilding a team. Personally, would I think Brady Quinn would be a great addition to our team? Yes, but is that going to happen? More than likely not...for two reasons. One, he's only a Junior and will probably return for his Senior year or if he does declare, he'll go to another team and two, I think Saban realizes that the offensive line is top priority for next year. Ricky and Ronnie aren't getting the holes they need nor has Frerrotte gotten the protection he needs to make effective passes.

Turnaround 06 said:

i'm going to disagree with everything you say here because i hate you

nando03 said:
Notable FA Signings:
WR Reggie Wayne- Although not suitable to be a #1 receiver he would make a pretty good tandem with CC.

C LeCharles Bentley- He has been consistent for years and he is huge upgrade from McKinney.

OLB Julian Peterson- We have the money and with him Zach and Channing we would have a great core of LB's.

QB David Carr- I think Houston is going to draft Leinart and not give Carr the $. Carr has a great arm. Good mobility and with an HH O-line/R & R/good WR's. He could Flourish in our offense.
lol, we're going to sign FOUR huge free agents? we don't have the money for 2 of those guys (that's assuming you want to sign the draft picks)

Turnaround 06 said:

Unless you are a professional college scout on a NFL team, your opinion matters as much as the next guy. Offer your opinion like we all do and discuss. I live in S FLA, and to be honest with you I think I know a little more about what college talent is since my College on average fields 2 to 3 first round prospects and numerous pro bowl caliber player.. I'll give you 3 guesses to find out which college it is...here;s a hint ... My team usually beats the F out of your team ....

if you don't want everyones opinion theres always the VIP forum

Back
Top Bottom