Polian says Tannehill has "unique talent, merits high pick, very, very high upside" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Polian says Tannehill has "unique talent, merits high pick, very, very high upside"

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
Ex-Colts president Bill Polian calls Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill a "unique talent" who "merits a high pick" based upon "talent and a very, very high upside."

"He has not played as much quarterback as have Griffin and Luck, but he is immensely talented and he is a winner and he is a high-character guy and a very exceptionally smart guy, so he's got all the characteristics," said Polian. "This is real ... His pick is kind of a pivotal pick, and the Browns are now the team to watch." Polian expects "a lot of action" at the third and fourth spots in the draft as QB-needy teams vie for Tannehill.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

There is alot of momentum behind Tannehill right now. Media outlets like to hype certain quarterbacks because it drives hits and traffic.

But when the GM's look at the tape there are problems. It will be tough for Holmgren to pull the trigger on Tannehill, who is a risk, when he has sure fire talents Richardson and Blackmon to choose from. Personally, I think Holmgren takes Richardson and Fisher/Snead take Blackmon at 6, with Claiborne sandwiched in at 5. Holmgren gets Richardson this year, waits on Barkley next year and then he's got something.

So Tannehill falls to Jax at 7. Does Jax want Floyd? If so, Tannehill falls to Miami. I'm not sure KC, Sea, Dallas or Philly make the big move to 7 to pick him.

Thank you very much Bill Polian for hyping Tannehill ... exactly what we need...

Someone takes him ahead of us, fine. We should not trade up for him. If he falls to us we will decide whether to take him. Just be ready for us to pass on him, the same way we passed on Quinn.

Someone takes him ahead of us, fine. We should not trade up for him. If he falls to us we will decide whether to take him. Just be ready for us to pass on him, the same way we passed on Quinn.
Its just the same situation where everyone trusts Philbin on Flynn until we actually pass on him. Then Ireland is an idiot. Now everyone trusts Sherman's opinion of Tannehill, but what if we pass? Is Ireland an even bigger idiot? Media hype and actual NFL front offices are two completely different things and we might be surprised where Tannehill actually ends up being drafted...

Tannehill might get drafted in round two. Stranger things have happened.

I put more stock into what Polian says than most of the beat writers.

After going back and watching a lot of film on Tannehill i see why everyone is hyping him. He makes a lot of good throws and seems to have tons of talent.

I would be very happy if the Phins took him at #8.

GO PHINS~!

If Philbin and Sherman want Ryan Tannehill, we should all be on board, and excited about it. If they don't, then screw him. They'll look elsewhere. But anyone who doesn't care what the guys running the offense think, and prefers they miss out on the qb they may want is crazy, and doesn't really have the teams best interests "at heart".

Back
Top Bottom