Poll: FH Tannehill Level of Confidence Consensus (With Draft & FA Implications) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: FH Tannehill Level of Confidence Consensus (With Draft & FA Implications)

Poll: FH Tannehill Level Of Confidence Consensus (With Draft & FA Implications)

• Confident in Tannehill - let's draft solely for need

• Confident in Tannehill - but should draft a later-round developmental QB

• Believe in Tannehill -but not confident in complete recovery- draft a top tier QB in case

• On The Fence - Want him to succeed but prudent to draft a potential replacement to compete

• No Confidence in Tannehill - Draft a top tier QB to replace him

• No Confidence in Tannehill - Sign Both a Free Agent QB to replace him & Draft a QB In Waiting

• Other - please specify

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm confident but think we should draft a top tier QB to push and eventually replace him.

there is two way u can do this.
1. there is no excuse for thill17and dolphins must at lease make playoff next yr. 6 to 8 game. that is not going work anymore.
Gase must not like Moore. Mat is good backup qb. or Adam want his friend cutler on team as backup. how about signing one of Viking qb next yr as backup.

2. I am on the fence. thill17 need have little competition at leased. it help Smith out this yr. draft qb in 1st or 2nd rd. you are wasting time w 4 or 7th rd qb. we are not N.E.

3. maybe dolphins should wait to pick qb because I don't trust Gase. he pick cutler.

I chose option 1, I rather draft at other positions of need and go all in this year. I rather wait for next years draft to get a developmental QB. This year I rather stick with Moore or get FA. Plus if we draft other positions of need besides QB, if we do draft a QB in 2019 hopefully he'll benefit from it.

We need to replace Moore and find a case keenum. Someone you can win with if you need to

Forcing people to vote to see the poll? :laugh

smiley.php

Miami will look and study every single draft eligible QB.

They have confidence in Tannehill but he is not at this "untouchable" level. Drafting a QB in round 1 is not "off" the table.

That said it is not looking likely an option shakes loose that makes sense or improves us at the position.

I voted 2.

Other: Tannehill is here til 2020, and the results will remain the same. As I don't believe in Tannehill nor the FO ability to protect him enough, to win.

Meaning enjoy mediocrity folks. It's a the Miami Dolphins way.

As the OP, I'm about as pro-Tannehill as they come, but I am concerned about his recovery and resulting mobility if they don't fix the OL. He established in 2016 that he's top 5 in QBR out of a clean pocket and top 3 on deep ball accuracy, but physically if he's not as nimble scrambling or rolling out, it doesn't bode well. As a result, I voted for the prudence to hope for the best but bring someone like Baker Mayfield in to either back him up ala Favre/Rodgers, challenge him down road or more immediately, step in if our worst fears materialize.

I agree 1 and 2 are the same as backup QWB looks like a potential need. I think Option 2 should be replaced by the on the fence description. Much more interesting if folks have to choose between Tannehill and drafting a backup vs Tannehill and drafting real potential competition.

The more I hear about this QB class there may be someone who is eventually better than Tannehill but even the top guys wouldn't really be competition in year 1. Seems like Tanny would win the job easily. I know many will dispute this because folks love rookie QB's and there potential but I've heard many times none of these guys are Trubisky, Wenz, Goff or even Mahones and we know how year 1 went for them. Really all are still unproven at this point. I don't anoint anyone after one good year or Blake Bortles and RG3 would have already been anointed.

I expect Tannehill to be the QB, but no matter what Miami needs to get a young QB to groom, tovat the very least be counted on to backup Tannehill.

I would like to draft a QB in the later rounds (second option)...there are several I like that I feel could fit what Gase does, but have some obvious warts in their games. The first three rounds need to be impact players on the defensive side of the ball with maybe a shot at a TE or RB in round 3.

I agree up until I see you left out interior offensive line. I would love that mauler from ND to get to us...

I voted On The Fence - Want him to succeed but prudent to draft a potential replacement to compete.

I want a QB taken within the first 2 days of the draft.

Back
Top Bottom