Poll: FH Tannehill Level of Confidence Consensus (With Draft & FA Implications) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: FH Tannehill Level of Confidence Consensus (With Draft & FA Implications)

Poll: FH Tannehill Level Of Confidence Consensus (With Draft & FA Implications)

• Confident in Tannehill - let's draft solely for need

• Confident in Tannehill - but should draft a later-round developmental QB

• Believe in Tannehill -but not confident in complete recovery- draft a top tier QB in case

• On The Fence - Want him to succeed but prudent to draft a potential replacement to compete

• No Confidence in Tannehill - Draft a top tier QB to replace him

• No Confidence in Tannehill - Sign Both a Free Agent QB to replace him & Draft a QB In Waiting

• Other - please specify

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think Tannehill will rebound from his injury and we need to draft BPA in the top of the draft and look for a development QB late.

I wasn't sure whether to choose the second or third option. I'd carefully look to draft a QB without forcing it, even a first-rounder if the right opportunity presented itself.

Not an option on your list, but I say go BPA, I've got no problem with Tannehill but if a good QB drops take them. Nothing wrong with having a good backup/option for the future.

I notice the results of this pole show relatively few Tannehill doubters. Does this seem to be inconsistent with the number of anti-Tannehill posts & replies on the forum, or is it just me.

They may be a minority, but they are a very, very loud minority. And some of them will continually tell everyone how much more they know about football than anyone else, as well as how ignorant anyone is who disagrees with them.

Loudly.

I believe if you draft a competent QB we will get to see what RT is made of. That kid is capable of top 5 production.

I am very conservative but this is the first time I truly believe that Miami should swing for the fences and draft a QB in the first round. Quarterback play drives this league and I would rather take a big chance a get someone in here that has the potential not to be solid but elite. Tannehill will be the starter in 2018 which would be good for a young QB but if that rookie works out, they could take over as starter in 2019 or 2020.

To me it's draft a QB at 11, or get Nelson or Mcglinchey (moving Tunsil over) Or a couple olinemen. If we keep Ryan a few years, he must be protected. For one, we see the results of his performance when he is upright and has time to throw. Two, he is older and will have a repaired knee concern all season.
Also add in blocking for Drake.
Building a nasty o line would be nice for a change.

They may be a minority, but they are a very, very loud minority. And some of them will continually tell everyone how much more they know about football than anyone else, as well as how ignorant anyone is who disagrees with them.

Loudly.
It’s the same on both sides.

Believe in Tannehill. But this year proved you need 2 maybe even 3 good QB's on your roster. If a legit QB falls to us at 11 or 43 I would take it.

Jimmy G being drafted by Patriots when they had Brady is a good example. He comes in wins his games while Brady is out and helps them get to another Super Bowl last year. Then they trade him and recoup most of the value. If Brady had declined they had a decent backup option by putting him in. It really does make sense. I know we have a lot of other needs. But if you have 2 quality QB's pushing each other it helps the team. Brady hadn't won a Super Bowl in 10 years. They draft a young QB and he suddenly take his game to another level and wins 2 Super Bowls.

Must release Moore and his salary. I do appreciate his team-first approach and working well with Tannehill, but he offers no hope for a successful season. Let's get a young guy to step in as the main back-up. There has got to be a decent back-up level QB who can red-shirt in 2018 and become more competitive in the following years.
Kaepernick is still available

can you imagine this board if Phins take a qb at 11?
It will be true entertainment

This is how I think next year plays out.

-QB1 Tannehill
-QB2 Fales
-QB3 Dougherty or the develpomental draft pick

There was a reason Fales played that last game.

This is how I think next year plays out.

-QB1 Tannehill
-QB2 Fales
-QB3 Dougherty or the develpomental draft pick

There was a reason Fales played that last game.
so if Tannehill gets hurt, that's the plan? I seriously doubt that. gase would lose his job and so would FO.

Back
Top Bottom