Poll - How many wins will we have at season's end? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll - How many wins will we have at season's end?

How many total wins will the Dolphins have?

• 3-6

Votes: 2 5.1%

Votes: 5 12.8%

Votes: 11 28.2%

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • 10 or more

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters

Digital

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
As the poll indicates, choose how many wins you think the Dolphins will have. While most seem to think we suck, we only have 2 losses, which ties us for least losses in the AFC, and second least losses in the entire NFL. So ... yeah the league is hard, and parity is upon us (except for maybe Cleveland).

We are currently 3-2. To get to 9 wins we only need to win 6 more games. If we win all of our remaining home games, that gets us to 9 wins. If we win all but one of our home games, then we only need 1 away win to reach 9 games.

Why is 9 the magic number? Because every team in the AFC has 2 or more losses as of 10/21/2017. I'm fairly certain that a 9 win team will win a wild card spot. And probably, both spots. For your strategic thoughts, here is our remaining schedule:

Wk....Date.........Game.........Stadium......................Time (ET).....Network

07....Oct 22....NYJ @ MIA....Hard Rock Stadium ....1:00 PM ....FOX

08....Oct 26....MIA @ BAL....M&T Bank Stadium ....8:25 PM ....CBS

09....Nov 05....OAK @ MIA....Hard Rock Stadium ....8:30 PM ....NBC

10....Nov 13....MIA @ CAR....Bank of America Stadium ....8:30 PM ....ESPN

11....Nov 19....TB @ MIA....Hard Rock Stadium ....1:00 PM ....FOX

12....Nov 26....MIA @ NE....Gillette Stadium ....1:00 PM ....CBS

13....Dec 03....DEN @ MIA....Hard Rock Stadium ....1:00 PM ....CBS

14....Dec 11....NE @ MIA....Hard Rock Stadium ....8:30 PM ....ESPN

15....Dec 17....MIA @ BUF....New Era Field ....1:00 PM ....CBS

16....Dec 24....MIA @ KC....Arrowhead Stadium ....1:00 PM ....CBS

17....Dec 31....BUF @ MIA....Hard Rock Stadium ....1:00 PM ....CBS

So, vote, then explain how you see the rest of the season unfolding. I'm curious to see if I'm the only optimist left.

Last edited:
I have no clue how they’ve won 3 as it is so my prediction means ****. But if the team can’t improve offensively as the season goes on, they’ll be lucky to finish better than 6-10.

I put 7. I think 7 or 8 probably. We're barely winning games, defense is playing well enough to keep us in games but the offense is still puttering along. Injuries are going to happen and we have no bye week in the future so I don't feel like we can sustain our current formula.

I put 7. I think 7 or 8 probably. We're barely winning games, defense is playing well enough to keep us in games but the offense is still puttering along. Injuries are going to happen and we have no bye week in the future so I don't feel like we can sustain our current formula.

Read my mind

I was 50/50 on 7/8

I say 9. The O can't be this pathetic for an entire season, can it?

I say 9. The O can't be this pathetic for an entire season, can it?

9 or 10 if the defense maintains it's level, and the offense picks up. Second half last week was a start, hopefully. I can't believe we're sitting at 3-2.

I predicted 9-7 after the dress rehearsal, and I stuck with it after 1-2. So, I guess i will continue to stick with it.

10 or more...its not within my constitutional makeup to expect anything less from this team.

But looking at the schedule, every game is winnable, some alot more than others obviously but at no point do i say "no shot to win"

Im sticking with my prediction of 7. The O still has a tonne of issues and its a tough schedule.

The D has significantly exceeded my expectations though

I picked 8, which still seems a bit optimistic unless the offense really improves.

9 looks very attainable. If we win the next 2 like I think we will

So as of the evening of 10/22, the Dolphins currently (until the Patriots rematch with the Falcons at least) are tied for 1st place in what is currently the best division in the NFL. The 4-2 Dolphins have a strong record considering that only 1 team in the entire NFL has lost less than 2 games (the Philadelphia Iggles ... who woulda thunk it?).

It wasn't pretty, but once again Gase & Co. eeked out another win in yet another close game. So we've been in 6 games, been soundly beaten twice, played 4 close games and won all 4 of the close games. Sure, I'd rather look awesome and blow people out ... but hey, a win is a win. And, if winning the close ones is the mark of a good team ... well you get the picture.

I never left the Gase bandwagon, and there's still room for anyone who wants back on!

Back
Top Bottom